KC fan: NY fans are glad he's gone, hope he sucks here

Different KC fan: He didn't have Mahomie throwing to him in NY

The only people throwing to him in NY were coaches on the sidelines 

27 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Smart?  No. 

Tough?  No.

Dependable?  No. 

Not Giants material.  Fuck this guy. 

with all of our injuries, there’s a lot of people not fitting that description.  

I hope despite our success we still see a big roster turnover. 

He's still a bit unproven, and a bit of a mystery.

The one big game he had last year against Dallas is when they crushed us, and he got a lot of his catches in garbage time or against loose/prevent defenses (that one game was like half his production last year, in terms of yards).

He played good in the NO game last year, but besides that he's done squat the last year and a half. There's been so any games where he's been a non-factor.

We'll see. Maybe KC can straighten him out, but also maybe he's a dud who's injury prone, and/or only a 3rd WR at best.

32 minutes ago, mastershake said:

He's still a bit unproven, and a bit of a mystery.

The one big game he had last year against Dallas is when they crushed us, and he got a lot of his catches in garbage time or against loose/prevent defenses (that one game was like half his production last year, in terms of yards).

He played good in the NO game last year, but besides that he's done squat the last year and a half. There's been so any games where he's been a non-factor.

We'll see. Maybe KC can straighten him out, but also maybe he's a dud who's injury prone, and/or only a 3rd WR at best.

What got me to resent him (resent maybe too strong) has nothing to do with football.   It’s his demeanor.  The grins on his face gives the impression he thinks he’s better than everyone else.    That attitude carried into his performance or lack thereof.

1 hour ago, Nas said:

What got me to resent him (resent maybe too strong) has nothing to do with football.   It’s his demeanor.  The grins on his face gives the impression he thinks he’s better than everyone else.    That attitude carried into his performance or lack thereof.

Yeah, him being a knucklehead is a big turn off.

It'll be interesting. While he's only shown it in a few games, he's flashed potential. I'd say his ceiling is fairly high, but his floor is an injury prone bust or maybe injury prone WR3 at best.

A healthy WR3 who catches say around 40-50 balls per year may not be that bad of a deal for KC, considering it's a late 3rd round and 6th round pick, plus considering their offense is already good. If he ends up as a slot guy catching 40-50 per year, they'd probably take it.

2 hours ago, The P said:

with all of our injuries, there’s a lot of people not fitting that description.  

I hope despite our success we still see a big roster turnover. 

Yeah, but we got something for THIS guy, which I think was a good move. If someone came and offered a 7th for Golladay, I'd jump at that offer. 

And I agree... we need to turn over like half of this roster, it's awful.  I'm amazed we've squeezed six wins outta these guys; they're one of the worst rosters in the league. 

7 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Yeah, but we got something for THIS guy, which I think was a good move. If someone came and offered a 7th for Golladay, I'd jump at that offer. 

And I agree... we need to turn over like half of this roster, it's awful.  I'm amazed we've squeezed six wins outta these guys; they're one of the worst rosters in the league. 

I’m not saying the team is perfect but hard to argue turning over half when the record is 6 and 1.    Id argue a lot of the guys are maturing and learning to play together.   Sure there are a couple of significant moves that should happen but overall this team has been a pleasant surprise.

Golladay's gotta go next. But yeah I agree with Nas, I don't know about turning over half the roster.

It's all going to depend on the fate and what we think the future is with DJ and Barkley.

For instance, If we think DJ can be a competent QB for the next couple years, and if we retain him because he continues to stay healthy and play well, then the offseason strategy likely looks a lot different (if he plays as he has, he'll warrant a $20-25M per year contract).

If he gets injured again or drops off, and if the QB situation is unclear, then the offseason will look a lot different.

Leonard Williams will be interesting. Not sure what we'll do with that contract, but he could be a cap casualty.

From a sense of, after cutting Golladay and if we cut Leonard Williams, we're going to have something like $35M in dead cap money from that alone in 2023, that part about it makes sense. Plus the fact that we still need to add talent to the roster at nearly every position.

6 hours ago, The P said:

C51-E3025-FBDE-485-C-A1-EC-DFF3676-EF804

guys I sloppily highlighted I could easily see gone, improved on. Or cut for cap space. 

Yep as much as I want to say "TRADE FOR A WR OR LB HELP!!!!" this team IS in a rebuild.

Just a fucking fantastic rebuild.

Also it's been what? 10 years since we've seen any sort of competitive football? WE ALL THIRSTY FOR THE PLAYOFFS YO!

On 10/27/2022 at 11:15 PM, BronxRik said:

KC fan: NY fans are glad he's gone, hope he sucks here

Different KC fan: He didn't have Mahomie throwing to him in NY

On 10/27/2022 at 11:16 PM, Herc said:

The only people throwing to him in NY were coaches on the sidelines 

this

He may catch 20 TDs or Jack Shit

We should not care either way

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Yep as much as I want to say "TRADE FOR A WR OR LB HELP!!!!" this team IS in a rebuild.

Just a fucking fantastic rebuild.

Also it's been what? 10 years since we've seen any sort of competitive football? WE ALL THIRSTY FOR THE PLAYOFFS YO!

Just stay the course

It could be 1981 all over again or it could be a mirage

One edict in the military is never to reinforce a losing situation but to reinforce a victorious situation

We were in a losing situation so my advice would be to try to win with what you have and not to reinforce the current Giants

The UFA list next season to me is uninspiring. Especially at wideout. Looks to me like Tight ends are the best market next year with Schultz, Gesecki and Hurst on the market. But I'd take Bellinger over all of them. There seems to be some value at Cornerback. Might be a good year just to pay some guys. get another draft class in and just fill in the other spots with mid level value where they can coach them up. We just can't expect a huge turnover after one year.

Just looking at the roster JR put up it's amazing we are doing what we are doing this year.