SportsWrath

If things continue, would you:

mastershake

2 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Young was so invested in that scum Dave Brown that the thinking of the time was that you resign your veterans above everything

Yeah it all goes back George Young not adapting to the new era of free agency. He had his success prior, back when retaining your draftees was key.

5 hours ago, mastershake said:

Yeah it all goes back George Young not adapting to the new era of free agency. He had his success prior, back when retaining your draftees was key.

Yes for the LT era he was a top dog

Free agency he was truly lost 

That's a bit unfair. He got it wrong on Brown but he did good business overall. Everson Walls and Ottis Anderson were key players in the second superbowl. He was executive of the year the year he retired as GM.

The overall turnaround of the franchise is attributed to him running the club. And Accorsi was a disciple of his.

52 minutes ago, boohyah said:

That's a bit unfair. He got it wrong on Brown but he did good business overall. Everson Walls and Ottis Anderson were key players in the second superbowl. He was executive of the year the year he retired as GM.

The overall turnaround of the franchise is attributed to him running the club. And Accorsi was a disciple of his.

weren't they acquired pre-free agency, though? 

and I can't recall a more undeserved executive of the year award than the lifetime achievement version awarded to Young at the end of his career. 

On 10/21/2022 at 12:02 PM, mastershake said:

Correction above *Bryce Young, not Bryce Jones.

On that note, another thing is I don't think Stroud and Jones are necessarily top tier QBs...Ohio State and Alabama famously can't produce NFL Starting Quarterbacks. Tua was okay I guess but he can't stay on the field. Fields looks marginal. I know these are only recent examples.

Will Levis has the best upside and NFL readiness if you ask me, especially if he can cut down on his INTs.

That’s because they usually have NFL ready Oline that give them insane amount of time to sip tea and play cards before finding the open man.   

On 10/24/2022 at 12:36 PM, BlueInCanada said:

I think they tag Jones at this point in time, he's playing well and above what a "reasonable" contract would be.

He's playing into the 25+ million a year range, something the Giants can't really commit to long term unless they want to lose out elsewhere.

I think this is the way. Besides can we say we actually played a top team this year? Let’s see how Jones perform against teams like the fucking eagles, cowgirls(again) and skins.  

Tag him another year and let him play us out of reach of a promising QB from the draft.  

7 minutes ago, TrashTalker92 said:

I think this is the way. Besides can we say we actually played a top team this year? Let’s see how Jones perform against teams like the fucking eagles, cowgirls(again) and skins.  

Tag him another year and let him play us out of reach of a promising QB from the draft.  

Green Bay was 3-1 before we sent them into their skid. Baltimore was 3-2 with a loss to the mighty Bills before we beat them. The Bears just decimated New England last night. Now, I'm not saying we beat Superbowl teams, but none of those games were "gimmees". If we beat Seattle and the fucking 12th man in that stadium going into the bye, I think we're definitely on the verge of seeing the playoffs this season. Nobody saw that coming or would make that prediction in the offseason. Not even the biggest of Homers. 

He's been serviceable, and with a vet backup I think we somehow hold onto him until the 2025 draft, when we will make some kind of Eli type move to get Arch Manning. All Daboll has to do is keep him managing games for another 2 seasons. 

42 minutes ago, BronxRik said:

Green Bay was 3-1 before we sent them into their skid. Baltimore was 3-2 with a loss to the mighty Bills before we beat them. The Bears just decimated New England last night. Now, I'm not saying we beat Superbowl teams, but none of those games were "gimmees". If we beat Seattle and the fucking 12th man in that stadium going into the bye, I think we're definitely on the verge of seeing the playoffs this season. Nobody saw that coming or would make that prediction in the offseason. Not even the biggest of Homers. 

He's been serviceable, and with a vet backup I think we somehow hold onto him until the 2025 draft, when we will make some kind of Eli type move to get Arch Manning. All Daboll has to do is keep him managing games for another 2 seasons. 

I think we play Detroit before the bye.   

I just checked… wrong again 😂 

28 minutes ago, Treehugger said:

Giants v Seattle is the only game this weekend with two +500 teams. Weird season.

Not even the most optimistic would have predicted us heading into the bye week at 7-1. 

we gotta beat Seattle. 

3 minutes ago, The P said:

Not even the most optimistic would have predicted us heading into the bye week at 7-1. 

we gotta beat Seattle. 

I'll come down to who has the best run D. They're pretty terrible run D right now so hopefully Barkley can feast, but we have to do better stopping the run ourselves.

1 hour ago, BronxRik said:

Greenbay is pretty bad they beat Bears, Pats and Bucs. Only lost to Vikings. But ravens was a surprised. 

I do agree, give DJ two years until we can get Arch Manning. 

3 hours ago, TrashTalker92 said:

Greenbay is pretty bad they beat Bears, Pats and Bucs. Only lost to Vikings. But ravens was a surprised. 

I do agree, give DJ two years until we can get Arch Manning. 

My point was that at the time, Green Bay @ 3-1, was supposed to hand us an ass kicking of epic proportions. So yes, we beat a "real" team so far.