SportsWrath

Landon Collins in for a visit.

BlueInCanada

Just now, gmenroc said:

Wouldn't mind him coming in on the cheap.  Don't blame him for chasing the check.

The only thing I hated was the articles that came out afterwards just slamming the Giants organization for "letting a generational talent" leave.

I hate media pundits, sure his stats were good on paper but anyone with a pair of eyes seen he couldn't cover a TE running a 7 second 40. Not to mention we traded for Peppers who was basically Collins 2.0. 

I think Collins was a great box safety.  Intermediate zone guy who was good in run support.  As we all know, man to man was his weakness...but a DC like Wink has the ability to use a guy like that.  I think that's the key...using guys to their strengths.  

And as for DG...I don't really mind him letting Collins walk either.  I think as much as I like LC, he was overpaid when he left.

22 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

Oh, he could be functional in spot roles, but I wouldn't get my hopes too high for any major contribution.

In other news, Toney is hurt again after 1 day of practice...likely not going to London with the team.

Exactly. If he’s out there. It’ll only tell the other team the play like blitz but the fuck would I know.  

1 hour ago, gmenroc said:

Oh, he could be functional in spot roles, but I wouldn't get my hopes too high for any major contribution.

In other news, Toney is hurt again after 1 day of practice...likely not going to London with the team.

Drink!

(Yes, Toney’s injuries are a drinking game now.)

On 10/6/2022 at 1:55 PM, gmenroc said:

It's his fucking other hamstring now.

On 10/7/2022 at 8:54 PM, gmenroc said:

Yep...then it'll be his ankle or quad or the first hamstring.  All grace for him has eroded.

There are rumblings again about OBJ... and Beasley.    I don't know if either one of them or both would sign a team friendly contract where they get paid little this year... 

21 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

Beasley signed with Buccs for what, 2 wks, and retired.  Pass.

OBJ would be good come late November, no earlier, due to injury.

Yeah Beasley is retired.  

id sign Beckham, when he can play, if we look like we might make the playoffs.