SportsWrath

Whomever cleared Tua to play last night....

Chuck Wagon

There was no way he should have been on the field after he stumbled after the hit on Sunday, and realistically not sure if he could/should have been cleared for last night's game.    But you cannot trust whatever the "independent doctor" had to say, and you have to hope after the second concussion last night he recovers.    That second concussion can be real bad news

certainly should have his medical license reviewed. 

devil's advocate - the explanation for falling down on Sunday was a bum ankle (and back I think), not a concussion. It was supposedly *falsely* reported during the game that he had a head injury.

I notice this about Tua though.... when he takes a hit, he does probably the worst job or protecting his body on the way down that I can recall seeing from an NFL QB. For example, that hit on Sunday vs. Buffalo was not a hard hit at all, at was a shove at most, and it was like he went out of his way to maximize his impact upon the ground when he fell (maybe to draw a flag ?). It didn't look like a hit that could ever create a concussion.

6 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

There was no way he should have been on the field after he stumbled after the hit on Sunday, and realistically not sure if he could/should have been cleared for last night's game.    But you cannot trust whatever the "independent doctor" had to say, and you have to hope after the second concussion last night he recovers.    That second concussion can be real bad news

I recall stories about QBs back in the day that researched how to fake *not* having a concussion. Wonder what the odds are things like that still go on. 

6 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

certainly should have his medical license reviewed. 

devil's advocate - the explanation for falling down on Sunday was a bum ankle (and back I think), not a concussion. It was supposedly *falsely* reported during the game that he had a head injury.

I notice this about Tua though.... when he takes a hit, he does probably the worst job or protecting his body on the way down that I can recall seeing from an NFL QB. For example, that hit on Sunday vs. Buffalo was not a hard hit at all, at was a shove at most, and it was like he went out of his way to maximize his impact upon the ground when he fell (maybe to draw a flag ?). It didn't look like a hit that could ever create a concussion.

He did look as if he flopped...   but had the back of his head bounce off the turf, that is basically the best way to get a concussion.  

It's strange though, from what I've heard you have to be cleared by three doctors.

The team doctor, an independent third party doctor who works for the owners essentially, and a NFLPA doctor.

Clearly either Tua knows how to trick the tests to be cleared, or the tests are useless and need to be revamped.   

None of these doctors are risking a multi billion dollar lawsuit or the NFL risking the league being sued into dust from every player past and present, just to clear a single QB.

So something somewhere went wrong.