SportsWrath

Golladay

jranieli

1 hour ago, gmenroc said:

Now he's threatening to demand a trade..saying 'other guys' were wondering why he wasn't on the field.. 

Creating division in the locker room.  Fuck him.  Wouldn't even dress him Monday night

Is there a vid of the interview?

Giants WR Kenny Golladay on lack of snaps: “I should be playing regardless”

Giants wide receiver Kenny Golladay didn’t hold back when discussing his recent lack of playing time. Golladay, whose $72 million contract makes him among the highest-paid on New York’s roster, played just two snaps Sunday in the 19-16 win over Carolina.

“I should be playing regardless,” Golladay told reporters Wednesday. “That’s a fact.”

“Of course, you know, I really don’t agree with it, you know, or like it. But I can only control what I can control. Just come to work every day.”

Giants coach Brian Daboll addressed the situation after Sunday’s game, saying that he told Golladay earlier in the week that they’d go with wide receiver David Sills, who played 92 percent of the snaps on Sunday.

“(Golladay) acted like a pro,” Daboll said. “I said, ‘Be ready to go.’ Now, does that mean it’s going to be that next week? No, because you see what we did from one week to the next. We’re just evaluating all those guys on a game-by-game basis. I think it takes a lot of mental toughness, too. That’s not an easy thing to hear, and I appreciate them being pros.”

But Golladay said this week that he didn’t agree with the decision.

“If I was in the game, I’d make a big difference,” Golladay said. “Feel like everything that was done in the game I for sure could have done. But we won at the end of the day, which is good.”

Golladay said that he and Daboll spoke and they’ll “see how this week goes.”

“Agree to disagree a little bit,” Golladay said. “… When the initial conversation happened, it wasn’t like an argument or any back and forth. I just accepted what he said, you know.”

Golladay said that he didn’t like Daboll’s decision, “whatsoever.”

“Even people on the team were like, ‘What’s going on?’” Golladay said. “I’m going into every practice thinking I’m going to, you know, play. I treat every rep out there like a game rep. If I do play, Monday night, I’ll be ready to go.”

The Giants are 2-0 so far this season and host the Dallas Cowboys next on Monday night.

from the athletic 

1 hour ago, 기둥서방 said:

I didn’t view it as threatening to demand a trade  

They asked the question if he was ok with his playing time, he answered truthfully.   I don’t have a problem with anything he said. 

He didn't take it off the table either.  Viewing himself as a peer to the GM and coach is a problem to me.  Just because you work towards the same goal, doesn't mean you don't have a boss.

Coach has made decisions and we are 2-0.  How bout just referencing that and leaving 'other guys' out of it.

1 hour ago, gmenroc said:

He didn't take it off the table either.  Viewing himself as a peer to the GM and coach is a problem to me.  Just because you work towards the same goal, doesn't mean you don't have a boss.

Coach has made decisions and we are 2-0.  How bout just referencing that and leaving 'other guys' out of it.

He didn’t sound disgruntled imho. He seems disappointed and I’m not sure if the coaches feel like he’s half-assing it in practice or the game.

I hope he plays a lot against Dallas.

I feel like this whole thing has been blown way out of proportion as well. 

Sure would like to see this guy going off like a top 5 paid WR, but the team is 2-0 and he's part of that team.

He's not out there doing crunches in his driveway with a hoard if media around him, or stripping down and throwing up the deuces while running off the field.

He's just put his head down and continued to be a player. 

I'm sure Schoen has a plan for him if he continues his current streak of playtime just like I'm sure he has a plan if he bounces back and puts up 1000+ yards. 

A guy with his credentials and his contract ought to have frustration come out in interviews about playing time when he got 2 snaps.  I'm not saying I disagree with Daboll's decision, but yeah I want the guy to want to be on the field.  If he came out and said, I'm justy happy to be a part of the team and being 2-0, that isn't something I want the highest paid WR on the team to say.  Hopefully it gets resolved, he's a good player.  

A true number 1 X receiver needs to have a little prima donna in him, needs to believe he is always open and not getting the ball enough.  As long as it doesn't escalate to Chad Ocho-Cinco or TO levels, the position requires that mentality, that chip on your shoulder have to prove the world wrong every week mentality.  Of course, he hasn't put up like a number 1 receiver since being on the Giants, so...

Just like the cap situation, Giants are going to have to put up with this sort of thing this season from some, expect Toney at some point to stir up some.

The organization showed us preseason with Martinez and Logan Ryan and how these guys were key pieces and on big money and now they are both gone. And those guys performed when they played, but the table was set, we're going to make hard decisions here. I am totally on board with this.

This other comment from Kenny Golladay bothers me:

"We're going to see how it goes. Yeah, we're going to see how it goes," Golladay said. "I came here to play. I'm pretty sure they're also paying me to play. I guess they want to see more or get whatever situated on their end. I just keep doing what I got to do as far as coming in each day."

Start looking at yourself on how you can improve because you have more talent than David Sills.  Safe bet is the Giants are waiting for you to play better than David Sills.  What the Giants will be getting situated on their end is players whose performance doesn't match the investment.