SportsWrath

Golladay

jranieli

Jones made at least 3 great plays with his legs that were vital in the winning of the game yesterday. I don’t think this should be underestimated. The 4th and 1 , the run to get us in field goal position and the final scramble for the 1st down to win the game. Reminded me of his winning TD on debut v Tampa a few years ago.

Maturity from Daniel under pressure…..great to be 2-0

1 hour ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Few of my observations - DJ has been given a free reign without a decent OL - has been asked to do whats needed. It might involve some boneassed throws - its where the WR is UNABLE to make a play - stuff that has happened across the league this week alone by Tua, Kyler Murray, Rodgers, Brady even - their WRs make plays and suddenly its a great throw. DJ threaded the needle on some fantastic plays and on a day Barkley couldnt carry the team, he put it away in whatever way he could - with his legs. This kid is good - he had a lot of zip and power on his throws - sometimes too much because it clanged off WRs hands. Daboll has given him that leash I feel.

If we are 2-0 without Kayvon and AO, without Wandale, using Toney and Golladay on only a handful of snaps - Ill take it. Maybe down the line we will be even better. They didnt use Saquon as much as I would have liked this week either - when they did regularly he broke out a couple of excellent runs. Winning is addictive - DJ needs to play himself into a franchise tag situation since this division is up for grabs

This is a good take.   DJ however has to eliminate the  one or 2 plays that are just mind boggling.

We tried using Barkley but Carolina D was too focused on him…. 

53 minutes ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Assuming Golladay is done - what are the repurcussions? Looks like he wasnt even there in the locker room after the game

The team has zero leverage.  The dude is getting paid regardless.

42 minutes ago, K3VIN said:

If I got paid 70Million guaranteed and never had my head in the game prior I wouldn’t want to risk it either 

Well... there's that.   I think if you sign a contract, you need to live up to that contract.  

1 hour ago, jranieli said:

h5cUkYT.jpg

That dead money is massive this year and a lot next year as well. IDK what they are going to do. 14.7M is a lot to eat. 

They could theoretically trade him with a negotiated contract with the other team no?   I'm not too versed on how these things work, but if the Giants eat half of his contract and the other team pays half, I think it becomes palatable for both teams?   Assuming he doesn't half-ass it with the next team?    

1 hour ago, gmenroc said:

A team trading for a 72 million deal for a guy who was targeted 2 times in two games and only saw 2 snaps last game?

Don't see that happening.  Could be a post June 1st cut next year...

For half price?

25 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

If we cut Golladay this year we eat something like 10 million in extra dead cap, otherwise he'd be gone. Worst free agent contract in team history so far. 

In retrospect, possibly.  We needed a WR and they got the best one on the market at the time by all accounts...so can't complain too much.

But it does suck being saddled to the guy now.

1 hour ago, gmenroc said:

In retrospect, possibly.  We needed a WR and they got the best one on the market at the time by all accounts...so can't complain too much.

But it does suck being saddled to the guy now.

I think teams should structure contracts differently now.  Tie it to performance.

31 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

Agreed, but with 32 teams, it would take collusion to make that happen...or get union buy in on the next CBA...neither of which I see happening.

Not necessarily I would think.   Just the Giants for now.  This one hurts and we need to learn from it.  I also don’t think this is an isolated incident.

1 hour ago, Nas said:

Not necessarily I would think.   Just the Giants for now.  This one hurts and we need to learn from it.  I also don’t think this is an isolated incident.

Nah...someone will always overpay...we just need to avoid being the one that does so

45 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

Now he's threatening to demand a trade..saying 'other guys' were wondering why he wasn't on the field.. 

Creating division in the locker room.  Fuck him.  Wouldn't even dress him Monday night

I didn’t view it as threatening to demand a trade  

They asked the question if he was ok with his playing time, he answered truthfully.   I don’t have a problem with anything he said.