SportsWrath

Tackling

Mr. P

On 9/12/2022 at 3:53 PM, 기둥서방 said:

I think this is a league wide issue, but also a giants issue. 

Nobody tackles anymore, they just dive at a players legs. 

Well....if you don't and miss...and hit helmet to helmet you get a fine and a suspension.

Unfortunately....Its conditioned by the new rules.

C. Wagon

14 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Well....if you don't and miss...and hit helmet to helmet you get a fine and a suspension.

C. Wagon

Watching football from LT's day and now

There would be suspensions and maybe criminal prosecutions happening :cheers:

1 hour ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Watching football from LT's day and now

There would be suspensions and maybe criminal prosecutions happening :cheers:

I like it better now... no sense in destroying men's lives for entertainment purposes.    Too much CTE as is... 

9 minutes ago, Nas said:

I like it better now... no sense in destroying men's lives for entertainment purposes.    Too much CTE as is... 

Different games for different eras

Before that OL could not extend their arms and the "bump and run" meant that WR's, TE's and RBs had to fight for the catch from the scrimmage to the catch itself

I would not go into football now with the CTE's

Better baseball, basketball and/or soccer

3 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

C. Wagon

I’m not suggesting they go flying head first towards the other guys head. 

but remember form tackling?   Wrapping up?

Doesn’t happen much these days. 

1 hour ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Different games for different eras

Before that OL could not extend their arms and the "bump and run" meant that WR's, TE's and RBs had to fight for the catch from the scrimmage to the catch itself

I would not go into football now with the CTE's

Better baseball, basketball and/or soccer

and offensive pass interference was allowed. 

I agree that tacking itself has devolved into a Deon Sanders-like sphere.... When you tackle, you need to make sure the player is in your grasp all the way until he's down... this bowling ball type of tackling is annoying. 

21 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

C. Wagon

You can tackle without getting your head involved. Every Rugby player would be dead if not, and in Rugby it's a penalty to hit someone without attempting to wrap them. We teach "cheek to cheek" tackling; your cheek on their butt cheek.

1 hour ago, Treehugger said:

You can tackle without getting your head involved. Every Rugby player would be dead if not, and in Rugby it's a penalty to hit someone without attempting to wrap them. We teach "cheek to cheek" tackling; your cheek on their butt cheek.

At least our youth program and highschool follow a rugby style wrap and roll tackle that is built around keeping your head out of the tackle..   no more bite the ball

2 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

At least our youth program and highschool follow a rugby style wrap and roll tackle that is built around keeping your head out of the tackle..   no more bite the ball

We have to train the football tackling habits out of young guys. It blows my mind that they're taught to hit with their helmet.

4 minutes ago, Treehugger said:

We have to train the football tackling habits out of young guys. It blows my mind that they're taught to hit with their helmet.

I know Pop Warner which is the biggest youth football does give all the coaches training in keeping the head out.   Not saying you do not end up with some "old school" coaches teaching other things.