SportsWrath

Why isn't Toney seeing more snaps?

mastershake

1 minute ago, BlueInCanada said:

5 and 1 without him.

No reason to rush him back.

Nor one to keep him on the roster.  Not denying his talent, but the sum of the small issues and lack of playing and injury prone...no patience for this guy at this point.

He gets right, I will welcome him back.  Until then, fuck him!

1 minute ago, gmenroc said:

Nor one to keep him on the roster.  Not denying his talent, but the sum of the small issues and lack of playing and injury prone...no patience for this guy at this point.

He gets right, I will welcome him back.  Until then, fuck him!

This.  His head isn’t in it and until or if that changes, double fuck him.  No room for clowns on this team.

If he can get healthy he deserves another shot at showing what he can do, but he really needs to prove himself in the 2nd half of this season, or else I think we plan on moving on without him or with him only as a backup in 2023. I'm again assuming Golladay is gone (cut) in 2023.

14 hours ago, jranieli said:

I don't think I've ever seen anything like this, where nearly the entire draft class one year later on a team isn't on the field because all but one (Brightwell) are injured, and that's for picks in rounds 1-4...all injured and can't get on the field. It's really remarkable. And then the remaining guy Brightwell is mostly a special teams guy.

In general, it looks like Toney, Aaron Robinson, Ellerson Smith, and Rodarius Williams are never going to start for this team, and likely don't have a future here.

33 minutes ago, mastershake said:

I don't think I've ever seen anything like this, where nearly the entire draft class one year later on a team isn't on the field because all but one (Brightwell) are injured, and that's for picks in rounds 1-4...all injured and can't get on the field. It's really remarkable. And then the remaining guy Brightwell is mostly a special teams guy.

In general, it looks like Toney, Aaron Robinson, Ellerson Smith, and Rodarius Williams are never going to start for this team, and likely don't have a future here.

Looked that way for guys like Ximines and now he’s playing well and contributing nicely.  

2 minutes ago, The P said:

Looked that way for guys like Ximines and now he’s playing well and contributing nicely.  

Yeah I'm not counting these guys out yet, I've just never seen this level/number of draftees from the same draft all off the field in their 2nd season.

Going forward for guys like Toney, unless he really turns it on in the 2nd half, while he still has a shot at the roster in 2023, I just think you go into the 2023 offseason not expecting him to be reliable. If he ends up being good, than that's icing on the cake, but you have to fill the roster as if he's not going to be reliable.

2 hours ago, mastershake said:

Yeah I'm not counting these guys out yet, I've just never seen this level/number of draftees from the same draft all off the field in their 2nd season.

Going forward for guys like Toney, unless he really turns it on in the 2nd half, while he still has a shot at the roster in 2023, I just think you go into the 2023 offseason not expecting him to be reliable. If he ends up being good, than that's icing on the cake, but you have to fill the roster as if he's not going to be reliable.

I mean 2007 we had quite the draft class step up.

It's just.goes to show though, a decent coaching staff and FO can really turn a team around.

Something we haven't seen since Coughlin and JR. 

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

I mean 2007 we had quite the draft class step up.

It's just.goes to show though, a decent coaching staff and FO can really turn a team around.

Something we haven't seen since Coughlin and JR. 

Yes, that was a good draft class that we got a lot of mileage out of.

The 2022 draft class looks promising so far, with good contributions or at least potential from several players.

This 2021 draft class though just can't get on the darn field enough, minus Ojulari last year and Brightwell. I don't recall this level of injuries/missed time from a single draft class in their 2nd season. Ojulari looks like he'll return sooner than anyone though.

• 4 weeks later...