SportsWrath

Why isn't Toney seeing more snaps?

mastershake

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Once again I don't know how you can compare the two, or even what your getting at.

Toomer's first season he contributed more than Toney has his entire career and that's with Toomer missing 9 games on IR. Toomer's first two years he was a solid return man with with multiple TDs scored.

Year three he caught 5 TD passes on 25+ receptions, while being the starting return guy. Every 5 receptions he caught a TD. 

I just don't see how you can compare the two. 

Toomer was a day one starter and contributor.

Toney has so far been an injury risk his entire career, but when healthy has shown he can contribute. 

it’s pretty easy.  Wide receivers dealing with injuries early in their career.    Didn’t contribute much early on.  

On 9/17/2022 at 2:15 PM, 기둥서방 said:

it’s pretty easy.  Wide receivers dealing with injuries early in their career.    Didn’t contribute much early on.  

But how can you compare that to Toomer? Lol 

And WRs with repeated injuries in their career usually don't contribute much if at all.

17 hours ago, Herc said:

Kid is soft 

I don't think he's soft per se... I think he doesn't take his profession seriously  and like "kids" his age, take health for granted.    I remember an interview with an NFL RB (I don't remember who) who said something to the tune of "when you're young, you want to run through walls; when you're older, you learn to go around the wall"... The fact Toney's condition got worse on his off day tells me he probably was doing something stupid instead of resting the hamstring... and that's the only thing you should do for that type of injury.   Toney would be well served to have a mentor like Toomer in his life.. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Herc said:

The Giants 2021 Draft Class is currently competing to see who can play in the least NFL games due to injury, minus Ojulari and I suppose Brightwell too.

Toney, injured nearly ever week.

Aaron Williams, injured nearly every week.

Elerson Smith, IR.

Rodarious Williams, IR

What a shit show.

Yung Joc got his $7M signing bonus money from that rookie contract, and is clearly more interested now in music than in football.

In fact if I'm not mistaken under the new rules for rookie contracts, his entire $13.7M contract is guaranteed. The dude is robbing the gmen.