SportsWrath

Why isn't Toney seeing more snaps?

mastershake

3 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

He was the starting punt and kick returner no?  

And this was back in '96 when QBs would only throw the ball 20 times a game. 

True he did do returns.  But outside of special teams not until his 4th year. 

I don’t think the difference in the passing game then vs now is the reason he got 12, 200 something and 300 something receiving yards his first three seasons  

19 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

you don't know that. But if you're like me and anything you say out loud with respect to sports proves to be utterly false, please keep saying that. 

Damn it, CD it was a joke man... Toney has the physical attributes to be a super star and I hope he gets it together for the sake of us all... after last week's win, I'm thinking super bowl :flex:

19 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

He was the starting punt and kick returner no?  

And this was back in '96 when QBs would only throw the ball 20 times a game. 

Well dressed Amani Toomer is a class-act and a man's man.   I don't believe his work ethic were ever questioned and to this day, he stands as my favorite Giant (yes the 15+ minute conversation I had with him in 2002 has a lot do with it).   :D

Just now, CrazedDogs said:

Much too positive, you'll jinx him.

I'm too short to jinx anyone... Toney has all the physical traits... it's head that has to follow suit.   As far as the team is concerned, it felt great actually competing.. seeing we can win the tough games... 

1 hour ago, Nas said:

Well dressed Amani Toomer is a class-act and a man's man.   I don't believe his work ethic were ever questioned and to this day, he stands as my favorite Giant (yes the 15+ minute conversation I had with him in 2002 has a lot do with it).   :D

Toomer was robbed of a few pro bowls in his career he was one of the best WRs in football for a good five year stretch and was one of the reasons Eli was able to develop into the QB that he is, by being his security blanket during his rookie years.

Dude was, is and will always be a Giants GOAT. 

41 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Toomer was robbed of a few pro bowls in his career he was one of the best WRs in football for a good five year stretch and was one of the reasons Eli was able to develop into the QB that he is, by being his security blanket during his rookie years.

Yep... the TD catch in the end zone to defeat the then-undefeated Broncos was amazing... 

53 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

yeah I’m glad we didn’t give up on him early in his career. 

2 hours ago, 기둥서방 said:

yeah I’m glad we didn’t give up on him early in his career. 

Once again I don't know how you can compare the two, or even what your getting at.

Toomer's first season he contributed more than Toney has his entire career and that's with Toomer missing 9 games on IR. Toomer's first two years he was a solid return man with with multiple TDs scored.

Year three he caught 5 TD passes on 25+ receptions, while being the starting return guy. Every 5 receptions he caught a TD. 

I just don't see how you can compare the two. 

Toomer was a day one starter and contributor.

Toney has so far been an injury risk his entire career, but when healthy has shown he can contribute. 

Kick returner = starter now? When did that happen?

It would serve Toney well to model his career after Toomer. Both were high tools, low technique prospects. It took Toomer a few years to learn to play and care for his body. Toney needs the same. We thought Toomer was going to bust as a WR too.