SportsWrath

Cuts/Moves

Mr. P

44 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Great. This 2022 season is a transition year. 7-10 at best.

11 minutes ago, jranieli said:

Hopefully another top 10 pick. Maybe a QB if things don't pan out for Jones. 

If we win 7 games, only way Jones comes back is on vet min, backup QB role to the 1st round pick in '23.  

14 minutes ago, jranieli said:

How many concussion has he had? That's another worry. Did Eli ever have one?

He probably had one atleast some of those hits he took were violent.

However he played before they had the sky doctors pulling people for concussion testing.

But yeah Jones is on the losing side of the franchise QB battle, you can't miss multiple games a season no matter.how good you play.

I'm fully expecting Tyrod to be starting by mid year and the Giants looking at the new franchise guy in the draft. 

13 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

If you made it through the 70s you can make it through this.

Although this era is maybe another shit season or two away from matching the awful depths of the 70s. 

For sure bro.... I go back to 1968... five years from their last glory and a full 13 years until 1981.  Talking about walking in the wilderness man. :tumbleweed:

10 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

He probably had one atleast some of those hits he took were violent.

However he played before they had the sky doctors pulling people for concussion testing.

But yeah Jones is on the losing side of the franchise QB battle, you can't miss multiple games a season no matter.how good you play.

I'm fully expecting Tyrod to be starting by mid year and the Giants looking at the new franchise guy in the draft. 

Also this...

2 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

It'd be unfair for the Giants, Colts, or Saints to draft Arch.  What'd be funny is if a scenario like Eli in 2004 played out, like the Browns want him #1 overall and he refuses to sign so they trade him to the Bears or 49ers or something. 

As much as I understand the situation would be unfair like if the Texans drafted Dereck after David, or expecting him to love up to Eli's level of production.

But if the best QB in the draft and the Giants are in a position to get them, I don't care of he is the illegitimate love child of Mara and some street hooker, we take the kid.

If it happens to be Archie then so be it.

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

As much as I understand the situation would be unfair like if the Texans drafted Dereck after David, or expecting him to love up to Eli's level of production.

But if the best QB in the draft and the Giants are in a position to get them, I don't care of he is the illegitimate love child of Mara and some street hooker, we take the kid.

I agree with the Mara and the street whore thing... :laugh:

17 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I don't disagree, but I imagine if it looked like the Giants were in a good position to draft Arch, the Manning family would reach out and ask that they not.  Still, if Arch is a top of the draft prospect and the Giants are still looking for their QB, it would be hard to make a case against taking him.  

But ultimately, this is still a high school kid and the odds of lightning striking 4 times in one family are pretty low. 

Giants will likely draft a QB in 2023.

If that QB doesn't pan out, if they're in a position, maybe they can try to get Arch in the 2026 draft (I think that would be earliest the year he's eligible).

At any rate, counting on being in a draft position or close to it to get Arch is a real leap. We gotta hope the 2023 pick is the guy, and have a plan B and C if not.