SportsWrath

from the mouth of babes.......

donovan4prez

:clap::clap::clap:

sheli finally says something worth posting.......

When you start comparing yourself to other quarterbacks, I want to be playing at the level where [big brother] Peyton's been playing, Tom Brady, what [Donovan] McNabb has been able to do. The elite quarterbacks in the league."

Link

before you can win a superbowl, you gotta be able to score in a playoff game

Exactly. You gotta crawl B4 you can walk.

Its funny to me how Eagle fans use that playoff game as trash talk. Like it was something unexpected. A young QB in his first playoff appearance with half his team injured, what did you think would happen? And, you gotta remember, Its better to go and lose, then to not go at all. :TU:

Its funny to me how Eagle fans use that playoff game as trash talk. Like it was something unexpected. A young QB in his first playoff appearance with half his team injured, what did you think would happen? And, you gotta remember, Its better to go and lose, then to not go at all. :TU:

Well, as long as you don't choke 4 straight times.

waaaaa.......it was his first playoff game.........waaaaaaa..........give him some time........waaaaaaaaaa

let's see how other active notable qbs did during their first playoff stint

tom brady-won 16 - 13 vs. oakland raiders

mcnabb-won 21 - 3 vs. tampa bay buccaneers

roethlisberger-won 20 - 17 vs. jets

kurt "I should have been the starter" warner-won 49 - 37 vs. minnesota vikings

mcnair-won 22 - 16 vs. buffalo bills

favre-won 28 - 24 at detroit lions

kerry "i should have been the starter" collins won 26 - 17 vs. dallas cowboys

culpepper-won 34 - 16 vs. new orleans saints

wait a minute.......

archie manning-played in the NFL for 15 seasons and NEVER LED HIS TEAM TO PLAYOFFS

peyton manning-lost 16 -19 vs. tennessee titans

eli manning-didn't even score

looks like it runs in the family

:LMAO:

When you start comparing yourself to other quarterbacks, I want to be playing at the level where [big brother] Peyton's been playing, Tom Brady, what [Donovan] McNabb has been able to do. The elite quarterbacks in the league."

Get used to seeing those three words in a lot of sentences... ;)

waaaaa.......it was his first playoff game.........waaaaaaa..........give him some time........waaaaaaaaaa

wait a minute.......

archie manning-played in the NFL for 15 seasons and NEVER LED HIS TEAM TO PLAYOFFS

And what types of teams did these QB's have at the time???

Thats right, COMPLETLEY HEALTHY teams. This team assembled is pretty new together, w/ the QB in his 1st full year. Big difference.

NOTE NOTE.........SEE ABOVE POST!!!!

McNabb may ahve won his 1st one, but choked 4 times thereafter. Not impressive. :TU:

wait a minute.......

:brooding: Good point...

From the mouth of babes is right. My son would throw up when I burped him sometimes. Apparently, playing in a NFL game equates to burping for McNabb. Face it. No one on earth has an animated gif of Eli not scoring points in his first Playoff game. McNabb puking on the otherhand well......there are several of those floating around.

From the mouth of babes is right. My son would throw up when I burped him sometimes. Apparently, playing in a NFL game equates to burping for McNabb. Face it. No one on earth has an animated gif of Eli not scoring points in his first Playoff game. McNabb puking on the otherhand well......there are several of those floating around.

you're absolutely right......but they do have these pics of prince manning floating around

eli8ar.jpg

If you're blaming that on Archie, you don't know shit about football.

Like Fish said, I think you're missing the key words in Eli's quote:

McNabb has been

If you're blaming that on Archie, you don't know shit about football.

Like Fish said, I think you're missing the key words in Eli's quote:

McNabb has been

lemme guess what you're going to say, "archie has played on bad teams....it's not his fault, he was a great player." truth be told, he's one of the most overrated players ever. true he did play with the new orleans aints, but he also played with two different franchises and couldn't do anything with them either. you damn right i'm blaming it on him.......15 years and 3 different teams, yet he's NEVER played in a post-season game????? tell me then, if it's not his fault, then whose is it? he was simply never a leader

lemme guess what you're going to say, "archie has played on bad teams....it's not his fault, he was a great player." truth be told, he's one of the most overrated players ever. true he did play with the new orleans aints, but he also played with two different franchises and couldn't do anything with them either. you damn right i'm blaming it on him.......15 years and 3 different teams, yet he's NEVER played in a post-season game????? tell me then, if it's not his fault, then whose is it? he was simply never a leader

You gotta point. Although, no matter how you slice it, having a good team around you is key, but Archie never made it to a post game, and it was a good portion of his own fault. Peyton has though, and some of that learning had to come from Archie. Peyton learned from Archie, Eli is learnin from Peyton. Its a gradual process, which I believe will work great for Eli. :TU:

You gotta point. Although, no matter how you slice it, having a good team around you is key, but Archie never made it to a post game, and it was a good portion of his own fault. Peyton has though, and some of that learning had to come from Archie. Peyton learned from Archie, Eli is learnin from Peyton. Its a gradual process, which I believe will work great for Eli. :TU:

so who taught cooper???

Sorry, Archie wasn't a bad quarterback. 2-time pro-bowler on a below-.500 team speaks for itself. That normally doesn't happen for a quarterback for a losing team.

He was in the top 10 of the league multiple seasons in every stat there is a record (I hope I'm clear that I don't mean top ten in every stat for a given season). By the time he got to Houston and Minnesota, he had already gotten the snot knocked out of him for 10 years at NO. At the time he was jumping back and forth to Houston and Minnesota, those teams weren't exactly powerhouses, either.

Look for yourself

I'm not really not an Archie Manning fan, just like to see respect given when it is due.

Sorry, Archie wasn't a bad quarterback. 2-time pro-bowler on a below-.500 team speaks for itself. That normally doesn't happen for a quarterback for a losing team.

He was in the top 10 of the league multiple seasons in every stat there is a record (I hope I'm clear that I don't mean top ten in every stat for a given season). By the time he got to Houston and Minnesota, he had already gotten the snot knocked out of him for 10 years at NO. At the time he was jumping back and forth to Houston and Minnesota, those teams weren't exactly powerhouses, either.

Look for yourself

I'm not really not an Archie Manning fan, just like to see respect given when it is due.

guess what??? most 1st rounders go to bad teams....that's why we have the draft. but, if that's your argument, what about players like barry sanders???? he was surrounded by mediocrity (on both sides of the ball no less) his entire career and still managed to AT LEAST MAKE THE PLAYOFFS as well as multiple probowls and the HOF.

face it, archie was overrated.....the man threw 125 TDs and 173 INTs...nuff said

I can careless, what Archie or Peyton have accomplished, fuck them, I only care about Eli right now, and if he can't take us back to the playoffs within 2 or 3 years he'll be dropped like Dave Brown and Danny Kanell, but if he continues to play good (which IMO he's learning more and more each day) and lead us to victories like he did 11 times last season, then he will make his own history... take that trash about Archie and Peyton and take that to the Colts or the Saints mb...