SportsWrath

Giants Throwback Uni's

BronxRik

15 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

:laugh: I guess you young ones love that Giants logo instead of the minimalist NY that we old ones just love.  Giants' logo is okay.... nothing stirs the jones like NY does. :giants:

The NY is so much better.  

and yeah we wore red jerseys way before we were ever “big blue”

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

Didn't we always get fucking slaughtered in the red jerseys?

I just remember those red jerseys meant we lost games lol 

I do have a Shockey red jersey and I think a Eli one, I'll have to take a look. 

At the Polo Ground circa Giants Golden Age, it was always red and grey.  The bule did not become a big factor until the losing years post 1963, when just about everything became blue. :laugh:

3 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

I’m torn between the Giants and NY logos. The giants logo is just so nostalgic for me these days. But I remember really liking the switch to NY. It would be hard for me to choose a permanent. 

Just remember VG that the NY is the original logo, and the Giants came into being from the mid 60's till the early 90's, then we went back to the NY.  All of the NFL Championships were NY.... two Superbowl wins were Giants.... two wins and three Superbowl appearances were NY.  I love the Giants, but NY does wonders for me. :giants:

51 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

I’m torn between the Giants and NY logos. The giants logo is just so nostalgic for me these days. But I remember really liking the switch to NY. It would be hard for me to choose a permanent. 

I like the "Giants" logo on the helmets.

Just so fucking nostalgic and old school cool.

To bad the NFL is so fickle on how many games you can wear alt jerseys and helmets (capped at three I think) I'd like to see more of a rotation.

I understand they don't want NBA levels of different jerseys almost ever two weeks. 

6 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

I like the NY logo with the white jerseys and gray pants... 

40 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Nice as well.  Old school is the NY logo.  Newish are the Giants logo. :laugh:

It's just the uniform worn when we demolished the Pats' perfect dreams...