SportsWrath

Interesting thing I've heard...

Sephiroth

Apparently, there have been 17 different quarterbacks mocked in the 1st round of next year's draft. I know it's way too early and a lot can change but if it turns out that Jones isn't the guy, there's a good shot to have a franchise signal-caller there in the top third of the round. 

I think we'll win enough games to knock us out of the top 10, and the playoffs despite Jones. Maybe we pick 12-13. That'll keep us from getting a top tier QB in the draft, but we'll make a splash in free agency on a vet with all the billions in cap space we'll have.

Our search for a franchise QB is turning into the same search for LT's replacement. 

4 hours ago, BronxRik said:

I think we'll win enough games to knock us out of the top 10, and the playoffs despite Jones. Maybe we pick 12-13. That'll keep us from getting a top tier QB in the draft, but we'll make a splash in free agency on a vet with all the billions in cap space we'll have.

Our search for a franchise QB is turning into the same search for LT's replacement. 

When have we ever drafted a LBer??

12 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

When have we ever drafted a LBer??

My point exactly. Since LT left, every year it's every Giants fan's dream to find the next LT. Now Eli is gone and the same thing is happening. 

1 hour ago, 기둥서방 said:

At this time last year I think Sam Howell was looking like the first overall pick.  

Yeah any of these alleged "locks" like Bryce Young and CJ Stroud can easily fall off the map like Howell, with an injury and/or with a few bad games.

4 hours ago, mastershake said:

All the hype is around CJ Stroud and Bryce Young, but keep an eye on this kid Will Levis from Kentucky. The dude can sling it all around the field accurately, and has okay scrambling ability as well.

I'm hearing Anthony Richardson is the guy to watch this season. 

I think those are the big 4 from what I have read.. Young, Stroud, Richardson, Levis.

Each has a year to confirm the rumors and elevate themselves.  There are others too, but I think these 4 are top tier right now.

I would not hate drafting one at this point.  At same time, I hope Jones proves all us who are looking at the 2023 qb class wrong

17 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

I'm hearing Anthony Richardson is the guy to watch this season. 

Yeah he's another one too.

Also, I went back to some early mocks last year. It was Spencer Rattler and Sam Howell, who weren't locks necessarily, but were frequently appearing on the top #5 picks, and Rattler particularly as #1.

Rattler completely fell off the map, and Howell fell to the 5th.

Also, Kenny Pickett was nowhere to be found in early rounds of the draft. He wasn't even considered NFL caliber at all, as he had a very pedestrian college career up until 2021.

I'm not making predictions about any of these players for the NFL; just illustrating that the draftable QBs will likely change between now and early 2023 when the college season ends and draft process begins.

3 hours ago, mastershake said:

Yeah he's another one too.

Also, I went back to some early mocks last year. It was Spencer Rattler and Sam Howell, who weren't locks necessarily, but were frequently appearing on the top #5 picks, and Rattler particularly as #1.

Rattler completely fell off the map, and Howell fell to the 5th.

Also, Kenny Pickett was nowhere to be found in early rounds of the draft. He wasn't even considered NFL caliber at all, as he had a very pedestrian college career up until 2021.

I'm not making predictions about any of these players for the NFL; just illustrating that the draftable QBs will likely change between now and early 2023 when the college season ends and draft process begins.

100% agreed... I'm just saying that with 17 guys with potential first-round talent, you'd think there'd be someone within the first ten picks for us. 

While I appreciate the optimism on this thread, I don't think we're winning more than six games... and that might be a stretch.  In many ways, this roster is worse than last year's, and we have a brand-new front office. 

And for all the "we have a weak schedule!" apologists out there, we had a weak schedule in Pat Shurmur's final year with the team and we all see how that worked out. 

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

And the last great NFL QB out of UT was......anyone....Bueller....Bueller.

Bobby Layne....1946..

What they heck are the Manning's thinking.....

C. Wagon

My assumption is that Texas is a hot place for NIL's..  including what looks like $50K for each lineman

Plus so long as he does not get injured he is going to come out of college as a 1st round draft pick between his size, arm and name.  (Most likely not in that order) 

38 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

My assumption is that Texas is a hot place for NIL's..  including what looks like $50K for each lineman

Plus so long as he does not get injured he is going to come out of college as a 1st round draft pick between his size, arm and name.  (Most likely not in that order) 

I am sooooo fucking out of step with the times G...that makes perfect sense. NIL....and the best line they can buy.

Nevermind gentleman.

C. Wagon