SportsWrath

Best day 3 guys still available?

Sephiroth

Who fucking cares, you know this front office will reach for scrubs and no-names instead. 

However, for posterity (and so I can come back in two years and say "I told you so")... 

DT Perrion Winfrey 

RBs Dameon Pierce, Ty Chandler,  Isiah Spiller, Kyren Williams 

TE Isiah Likely, Jake Ferguson, Charlie Kolar

OL - Jamaree Salyer, Lecitus Smith, Darian Kinnard, Daniel Faalele, Zach Tom, Marquis Hayes

WR - Calvin Austin

I'd be stunned if any of these guys end up on the team, however, the guy who was a special teamer that bounced around 3 different colleges should be worth a look. 

I admire your dedication, Seph.    I know we're stung pretty bad from the DG era.   However, don't you think the GM and Coach have done their homework on the WR from KY and why would I be mad they got another OL in the process?     Admittedly I'm not one to research players and do all that stuff you guys do (I have no idea how you guys do it), but let's see what this group of guys can do.... I'm ecstatic over day picks (softball there I know) but this WR maybe prove very valuable especially on quick slants and screens where the massive guys will be trying to chase a mouse close to the ground (trust me I know about short guys lol).   

15 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

Robinson's tape is pretty sweet. There are some knowledgeable guys that like him a lot. 

Think Dave Meggett, but less rapey.

There is a considerable upside to all of that.  Wonder if Parcells tolerated the rapey part to get what he wanted/needed from Meggett. ;)

TE Likely and Turner are two guys I wanted in the day three picks.

I think they take a QB at some point in time. Howell is still out there and I like the thing I read about Zeappe.

RB Spiller is still out there.  

At this point in time these guys are bench and special teamers so hopefully they go for the potential of the player and not just need. 

27 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

Robinson's tape is pretty sweet. There are some knowledgeable guys that like him a lot. 

Think Dave Meggett, but less rapey.

Is Meggets production worth a 2nd rounder?

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

Who fucking cares, you know this front office will reach for scrubs and no-names instead. 

However, for posterity (and so I can come back in two years and say "I told you so")... 

DT Perrion Winfrey 

RBs Dameon Pierce, Ty Chandler,  Isiah Spiller, Kyren Williams 

TE Isiah Spiller, Jake Ferguson, Charlie Kolar

OL - Jamaree Salyer, Lecitus Smith, Darian Kinnard, Daniel Faalele, Zach Tom, Marquis Hayes

WR - Calvin Austin

I'd be stunned if any of these guys end up on the team, however, the guy who was a special teamer that bounced around 3 different colleges should be worth a look. 

Think you might mean Isaiah Likely. TE from Costal Carolina. IIRC Spiller is a RB. 

54 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

TE Likely and Turner are two guys I wanted in the day three picks.

I think they take a QB at some point in time. Howell is still out there and I like the thing I read about Zeappe.

RB Spiller is still out there.  

At this point in time these guys are bench and special teamers so hopefully they go for the potential of the player and not just need. 

I mean, yes... but a lot of those guys can be day one starters (RBs, OL, and TE especially) or at the least significant role players. 

1 hour ago, Nas said:

I admire your dedication, Seph.    I know we're stung pretty bad from the DG era.   However, don't you think the GM and Coach have done their homework on the WR from KY and why would I be mad they got another OL in the process?     Admittedly I'm not one to research players and do all that stuff you guys do (I have no idea how you guys do it), but let's see what this group of guys can do.... I'm ecstatic over day picks (softball there I know) but this WR maybe prove very valuable especially on quick slants and screens where the massive guys will be trying to chase a mouse close to the ground (trust me I know about short guys lol).   

It's super fucking disappointing. When you've done your work on the late round guys and we're taking reaches and scrubs... and I'm yelling "George Kittle is there!" "We still have a shot at Trey Smith!" it's a fucking bummer. 

4 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I mean, yes... but a lot of those guys can be day one starters (RBs, OL, and TE especially) or at the least significant role players. 

It's super fucking disappointing. When you've done your work on the late round guys and we're taking reaches and scrubs... and I'm yelling "George Kittle is there!" "We still have a shot at Trey Smith!" it's a fucking bummer. 

To be fair Kittle made it to late round 5, everyone in the NFL didn't think he'd be much.

It's easy to play the hindsight game once things get to rounds 4 and beyond when teams are just taking swings on just whoever.

6 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

To be fair Kittle made it to late round 5, everyone in the NFL didn't think he'd be much.

It's easy to play the hindsight game once things get to rounds 4 and beyond when teams are just taking swings on just whoever.

I'm actually gonna start a "who'd we get... who'd you want in that spot" thread after drafts so we can have some hindsight. I think that would be fun. 

57 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I'm actually gonna start a "who'd we get... who'd you want in that spot" thread after drafts so we can have some hindsight. I think that would be fun. 

Yeah it's always fun seeing who pans out and such.

I mean there's draft where most probowlers and starters were taken outside of the first three rounds. 

Would be fun to see. 

6 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

I'd like to think they had no idea. 

I read you man.  He sure knew all about LT... being into drugs and hanging out and all.  It was one reason why he got rid of Brad van Pelt and Gregory.  Parcells thought those two led LT along the cocaine highway.  LT was already into cocaine and those two only helped him in gaining connections.  Though they were older, LT soon became the driving force. ;)