SportsWrath

How would you all feel about this hypothetical?

Sephiroth

What if we traded Jones and a 3rd for Faker Mayfield, then drafted Neal or Ekwonu in the first and Zion Johnson in the second, along with Kayvon Thibodaux? Do you think we could be a 500 team this season? 

I am in no way saying we should do this or that it's possible (I think Mayfield is a punk bitch and we have no cap room) but it just popped into my head this morning. 

2 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

What if we traded Jones and a 3rd for Faker Mayfield, then drafted Neal or Ekwonu in the first and Zion Johnson in the second, along with Kayvon Thibodaux? Do you think we could be a 500 team this season? 

I am in no way saying we should do this or that it's possible (I think Mayfield is a punk bitch and we have no cap room) but it just popped into my head this morning. 

I doubt Zion makes it to the 2nd now. Dude showed off at the Senior Bowl and has been rising ever since. Ppl saying he's over Linderbaum now. 

That being said I wouldn't want Baker anywhere near this team. 

I don't think Jones would sweeten the pot much for the Browns, since they got "Mr Rubz and Tugz" at QB now.

All reports are the Browns want a second for Baker.

If anything I'd want to trade for someone like Gardner Minshew, or a QB like that, someone who hasnt really had a chance to show what they got.

48 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I don't think Jones would sweeten the pot much for the Browns, since they got "Mr Rubz and Tugz" at QB now.

All reports are the Browns want a second for Baker.

If anything I'd want to trade for someone like Gardner Minshew, or a QB like that, someone who hasnt really had a chance to show what they got.

Jones would be the backup this season (he's probably going to be a career backup). 

C's don't get TDs and don't protect your QBs blindside.  They're not worthless, a good one is a blessing...especially if they stay healthy and you get them for their whole career...but they're not charged with manning the island against the best pass rushers

On 4/3/2022 at 7:42 PM, TrashTalker92 said:

We need a awesome Center!!!   Every superbowl we had a great center.  Why is that position so undervalue?  

I don't think it's as undervalued as you only need to find one good center compared to finding four good guards/tackles.

So more stock gets put into finding those positions because you got to find more of them, as well as all the other teams out there looking for two guards and two tackles as well.

I think all teams want a great center, it arguably is the most important position on the line since they are the first player to touch the ball every play and a bad center can ruin a game faster than a bad tackle.