SportsWrath

Looks like we’re hiring Wink

Herc

Reports are likely that Rob could come along.  As long as defense improves, I honestly could give a shit who it is.

And yeah, I like the decisions made thus far.  There seems to be positive energy being created and that's a good thing after a dismal season.

Few weeks ago, I was pretty hopeless that we would be decent any time soon.  Starting to be rejuvenated a bit and looking forward to draft with expectations of getting the ranks replenished.  A new start as they say

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

Lol, Rex is the asshole of those two brothers. We're more likely to get Rob.

But either way, their dad is Buddy Ryan. I wouldn't want anybody influenced by Buddy Ryan (as a man) anywhere near the Giants.

Orrrr... mabye we do lol.  

Rob Ryan has done nothing to impress me.  Flamed out as a DC with four different teams, and couldn't catch on as an assistant until Martindale gave him another shot last year after being out of the league for two.  Usually guys that are really good don't spend two years out of the league, especially someone who's got experience as a DC.  Plus he loses his shit on the sideline and seems to be just generally bizarre and  unstable.  Giant ego too. 

I'll have to see about Bryan Cox.  I know he was a hot-head player, but he was also out of the league as an assistant for a while.  He also sounds like he's reflected on that time though and is trying to be a better, more approachable person.  

1 minute ago, Sephiroth said:

Rob Ryan has done nothing to impress me.  Flamed out as a DC with four different teams, and couldn't catch on as an assistant until Martindale gave him another shot last year after being out of the league for two.  Usually guys that are really good don't spend two years out of the league, especially someone who's got experience as a DC.  Plus he loses his shit on the sideline and seems to be just generally bizarre and  unstable.  Giant ego too. 

I'll have to see about Bryan Cox.  I know he was a hot-head player, but he was also out of the league as an assistant for a while.  He also sounds like he's reflected on that time though and is trying to be a better, more approachable person.  

I think we can use a little bit of 🔥 on the sidelines…. Cox can probably bring that.

Just now, Nas said:

I think we can use a little bit of 🔥 on the sidelines…. Cox can probably bring that.

Yeah I kind of have mixed feelings.  The "character guys" we've had over the past four seasons have gotten us a combined... what... 23 wins? 

If these guys are who martindale needs to do his job I’m cool with it.  I don’t remember the last time we made a shit load of hires and I didn’t have to talk myself into it or remind myself to have an open mind.  This is great 

3 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Yeah I kind of have mixed feelings.  The "character guys" we've had over the past four seasons have gotten us a combined... what... 23 wins? 

52 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

We need some LT and crazed dogs (pun intended for CD) about right now I would say.  Tempered with a cerebral Carl Banks type to get the job done now.

Yea, I miss the days of Michael Strahan shouting on the sidelines... Sometimes you just need that one guy (a Ray Lewis type) who will fire up the team... 

23 hours ago, Nas said:

Yea, I miss the days of Michael Strahan shouting on the sidelines... Sometimes you just need that one guy (a Ray Lewis type) who will fire up the team... 

Remember Strahan eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich after a Giants game to a snarky reporter.  That shit was gold.  In between bites Strahan would deal out justice.  He really did well with himself.  Made his mint and left out on top.  Good for him.

9 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Remember Strahan eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich after a Giants game to a snarky reporter.  That shit was gold.  In between bites Strahan would deal out justice.  He really did well with himself.  Made his mint and left out on top.  Good for him.

Met him in person once.   He'd visited my workplace at the time and the security (Off Duty Seasoned NYPD armed guys not the minimum wage type) radioed up and one of the sales guy ran to my office to tell me... everyone knew I was a huge Giants fan.   Ran downstairs and raced to see him... after exchanging greetings I didn't hear a damn thing he was saying even though he was talking to me the entire time.. I was at awe lol.    

24 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

1 hour ago, Nas said:

Met him in person once.   He'd visited my workplace at the time and the security (Off Duty Seasoned NYPD armed guys not the minimum wage type) radioed up and one of the sales guy ran to my office to tell me... everyone knew I was a huge Giants fan.   Ran downstairs and raced to see him... after exchanging greetings I didn't hear a damn thing he was saying even though he was talking to me the entire time.. I was at awe lol.    

Dude was/is the man.  I would have liked talking to him more than LT.  He was/is cerebral as well as having been a great football player.

39 minutes ago, NeMesiS said:

Our chance of drafting a CB in the first round just went up dramatically. Looks like Kyle Hamilton might be our 1st draft pick.

I wouldn't hate that, given Bradberrys regression and contract, but I stand by the need to go OT and C with 5 and 7.

1 hour ago, NeMesiS said:

Our chance of drafting a CB in the first round just went up dramatically. Looks like Kyle Hamilton might be our 1st draft pick.

I was thinking more of an edgy edge rusher, but I wouldn't hate Hamilton. He has traits of big hitters like Sean Taylor as well as ball hawk free safeties like Ed Reed. Not to say he'll be the equal of either, that would be ridiculous, but that kind of versitility on the back end has got to have Wink salivating. 

I'm so stoked to have a DC who believes in aggressive defense again.

On 2/12/2022 at 12:53 PM, CrazedDogs said:

I was thinking more of an edgy edge rusher, but I wouldn't hate Hamilton. He has traits of big hitters like Sean Taylor as well as ball hawk free safeties like Ed Reed. Not to say he'll be the equal of either, that would be ridiculous, but that kind of versitility on the back end has got to have Wink salivating. 

I'm so stoked to have a DC who believes in aggressive defense again.

Martindale's defense heavily depends on the secondary. He's defense has always been a top 5 until he had major injuries in the secondary last year. He's not to reliant on "pass rusher" per se, since he runs a modern 46 defense. Dude blitzed 55% of the time the last 4 years. he's going to need to rebuild the secondary.