SportsWrath

Giants to hire Schoen

Herc

1 minute ago, jranieli said:

So who is the favorite to be the HC then? Is our DC sticking around or was he let go with Judge? 

The rumors are that Schoen likes Daboll.  But hopefully he actually does a real search.    

I think Graham staying here is a pipe dream. 

So Brian Flores, Brian Daboll, and Dan Quinn are first group of candidates.

I wouldn't mind taking a look at Leftwich.  He's done some nice things in TB even before Brady got there.  Not sure who he'd bring for the defense.

I think only way Graham comes back is if he (1) flames out on any HC interviews he may get and (2) interviews successfully for his current job...which seems unlikely.

I like the fresh start, so as much as I like Graham...he did well with what he had...he needs to go as well.

Just now, gmenroc said:

I am torn on an offensive minded HC vs defensive minded...on one hand, our offense was atrocious and DJ needs developed...but on the other, I would love nothing more than to have a stout defense that is the strength of the team

I think you need an offensive minded guy in the NFL today.

He doesn't need to be Andy Reid but someone with experience game planning an offense. 

It's a lot easier to find a decent DC than it is an OC and for good reason any good OC becomes a HC in most cases or gets locked down like what's his face in NE. 

14 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

So Brian Flores, Brian Daboll, and Dan Quinn are first group of candidates.

I wouldn't mind taking a look at Leftwich.  He's done some nice things in TB even before Brady got there.  Not sure who he'd bring for the defense.

I think only way Graham comes back is if he (1) flames out on any HC interviews he may get and (2) interviews successfully for his current job...which seems unlikely.

I like the fresh start, so as much as I like Graham...he did well with what he had...he needs to go as well.

That’s not a bad idea. 

I did see that Shoen served as a scout under Parcells back in the day...faint Giants connection.

Like all I have read so far.  Hope he has an introductory press conference so we can hear from him directly.

Hope the coaching hire goes as thoroughly and quickly.

And given cap hell next year, I would hope that Shoen isn't afraid to make it worse before it gets better.  In other words, players should be afraid of getting cut.