SportsWrath

No Giants football.

BlueInCanada

6 hours ago, gmenroc said:

He definitely still has potential, but he has to be more decisive and be a little more one-cut-and-go kind of runner.  The dancing and hurdling shit has got to go.

This... make your read and live with it.  Most times it is three or four yards... occasionally it will be a breakaway run.  Just live with it and stop trying to score the TD on every play.  Guy needs a coach that can help him with the vision thing.

5 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

This... make your read and live with it.  Most times it is three or four yards... occasionally it will be a breakaway run.  Just live with it and stop trying to score the TD on every play.  Guy needs a coach that can help him with the vision thing.

I don't know that you can coach vision...of all the RBs I've ever seen, as much as I hated it, Emmitt mothertrucking Smith had it in spades.  He wasn't the fastest, nor strongest...but I swear he saw holes open three steps ahead of time.  I think that's a natural feel that players just have.

Barkley needs to run the play, take his cut and just go.  He has all the talent in the world, but vision is a little lacking.  Then again, it's tough to tell when there aren't any holes at all given the line.

That's why I say to give Barkley and Golloday another year with a line that can give Jones time and Barkley a lane.  I am really sold on Linderbaum and Ekwonu/Cross in the draft.  That infusion might not pay off week 1, but by week 6...I would expect a huge improvement...maybe sooner depending on coaching staff

36 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

I don't know that you can coach vision...of all the RBs I've ever seen, as much as I hated it, Emmitt mothertrucking Smith had it in spades.  He wasn't the fastest, nor strongest...but I swear he saw holes open three steps ahead of time.  I think that's a natural feel that players just have.

Barkley needs to run the play, take his cut and just go.  He has all the talent in the world, but vision is a little lacking.  Then again, it's tough to tell when there aren't any holes at all given the line.

That's why I say to give Barkley and Golloday another year with a line that can give Jones time and Barkley a lane.  I am really sold on Linderbaum and Ekwonu/Cross in the draft.  That infusion might not pay off week 1, but by week 6...I would expect a huge improvement...maybe sooner depending on coaching staff

Emmit had a great OL… put him behind our line and he suck’s donkey balls.

1 hour ago, Nas said:

Emmit had a great OL… put him behind our line and he suck’s donkey balls.

I won't debate the line he had.  Likely all time top 5.  And yeah, put Barry there and the records would still be standing.

That said, if you watch, Emmitt would run to what looked like a traffic jam and some guy's momentum would carry him out of the way or there would be some block come in out of nowhere that Emmitt saw before it happened and then cut off of it.  He is a Cowboy, so I hate him...but his vision was unreal

2 hours ago, gmenroc said:

I agree with this... so as an ex-football player in High School I would say he should go with his first read instead of freelancing further into trouble.  You are right you can't teach vision... I just think he needs to go over his runs with a coach who can point out to him where the holes in the play are.  Plus, I think he definitely needs a good line and maybe a change of venue.  Those players are good.

6 hours ago, gmenroc said:

I won't debate the line he had.  Likely all time top 5.  And yeah, put Barry there and the records would still be standing.

That said, if you watch, Emmitt would run to what looked like a traffic jam and some guy's momentum would carry him out of the way or there would be some block come in out of nowhere that Emmitt saw before it happened and then cut off of it.  He is a Cowboy, so I hate him...but his vision was unreal

It’s not because he’s a cowboy… there are plenty of classy players who played for that franchise.   He was as asshole who rubbed every run and score in our faces… fuck him.  He can’t hold Barry’s jock strap.