SportsWrath

It's started...

boohyah

As I said in the other thread, the giants priorities this offseason needed to be:

1) A future without Judge, Gettleman by firing these two, and preparing to move on from Daniel Jones and Saquon. Jones and Saquon are currently back regardless, but we need to make a decision on Jones' 5th year and we're stupid if we pickup Jones' 5th year option, which will likely be a $21M cap hit in 2023. I also think we should trade Saquon, but it wouldn't be bad if he was back next season.

2) Invest significantly in the OL.

1 minute ago, Herc said:

Gettleman officially did the coughlin “retirement”

It's amazing. Jerry Reese who actually delivered a super bowl and a few playoff seasons to the organizations gets fired mid-season.

Gettleman who's like 19-46 with four straight 10 loss seasons gets a suite in the owners box for the last game, and gets to "retire"

8 minutes ago, mastershake said:

It's amazing. Jerry Reese who actually delivered a super bowl and a few playoff seasons to the organizations gets fired mid-season.

Gettleman who's like 19-46 with four straight 10 loss seasons gets a suite in the owners box for the last game, and gets to "retire"

The family has their favorites.  This is how they tell us that we reluctantly forced their hands 

Mara and Tisch sent out a press release about gettleman retiring.  No mention of judge at all.  I feel like if they reached a decision one way or the other they’d say something within or alongside this release 

3 minutes ago, Herc said:

Mara and Tisch sent out a press release about gettleman retiring.  No mention of judge at all.  I feel like if they reached a decision one way or the other they’d say something within or alongside this release 

They will let the new GM decide.    The GM will keep judge and Jones as a free audition year.   If they do well we keep them and look good, if they don’t then the GM can let them go and start fresh. 

Not what I would do, but I see it. 

9 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

They will let the new GM decide.    The GM will keep judge and Jones as a free audition year.   If they do well we keep them and look good, if they don’t then the GM can let them go and start fresh. 

Not what I would do, but I see it. 

So basically, the rebuild will start in 2023, not in 2022.

14 minutes ago, mastershake said:

So basically, the rebuild will start in 2023, not in 2022.

I doubt it even stats then.

2022 hire new GM keep Judge.

2023 fire Judge, hire new HC, keep GM.

2024 fire GM, keep HC.

2025 fire everyone realize they should of done it three years ago.

I'm thinking if Judge stays it sets us back three years before a proper rebuild. 

7 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

If my theory is correct yes. 

Well they're going to be a 10 loss team in 2022, so I am assuming Judge is gone after that.

We'd have to be really stupid to bring back a coach with three straight 10 loss seasons. Coughlin, Schurmer, and Gas Station attendant guy got fired for much less.

If I saw correctly, new GM will be over coaching.  If new GM wants to bring in their guy, then it seems they'll be free to do so.  Gives me hope Judge is gone and his preparing for future is just him not having any reason yet to believe it won't be with the Giants.

That said, new GM could stick with Judge, and fire him next year, thereby extending his own career.  First year for new GM essentially being a redshirt year and passing off all failures on Judge/previous regime a year from now

Just now, gmenroc said:

If I saw correctly, new GM will be over coaching.  If new GM wants to bring in their guy, then it seems they'll be free to do so.  Gives me hope Judge is gone and his preparing for future is just him not having any reason yet to believe it won't be with the Giants.

That said, new GM could stick with Judge, and fire him next year, thereby extending his own career.  First year for new GM essentially being a redshirt year and passing off all failures on Judge/previous regime a year from now

They will also probably wait until all the good coaching candidates are hired before hiring a GM. 

1 minute ago, gmenroc said:

The Maras will not hire a GM who doesn't accept Judge as coach in 2022.

Leaked. I found a copy of the Giants/Mara's GM interview script for 2022:

GM Interview questions

#1 "What do you think of Joe Judge...do you want to keep him around?

If the answer to that question is no, then the next interview question is

#2a) Do you have any questions for us before we finish here today?

If yes,

#2b) Excellent, do you have any questions for us before we finish here today?

1 minute ago, mastershake said:

The Maras will not hire a GM who doesn't accept Judge as coach in 2022.

If the past few weeks had transpired differently, I think you'd be right.  But with the rant last week, the giving up this week, and only getting worse offensively...you gotta pin all those squarely on JJ.

Point being, support should be lukewarm at best and if GM they want is adament about moving on from JJ...Mara and Tisch may be easier swayed now than before

They are not keeping him around so a GM can fire him and be bad guy. If they don't fire him, they are bringing in a GM to work with him.

Judge has done a bad job, but Gettleman has been worse because it's been 4 years and 2 coaches. If the Giants keep him, they'll base it around that.