SportsWrath

Joe judge going full Trump mode.

BlueInCanada

6 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Yeah I'm not following either.

Saying the Bungals are lucky is like saying the Giants were "lucky" with Eli and that era.

Let's not act like the Giants are some pinnacle organization either of years and years of continued success. 2005 to 2008 was the longest stretch in this teams history for making the playoffs, and even then we only went 1 for 4 in that stretch with the 2007 run with any success beyond the first game.

We are basically a .525 average historical team with some really good post season/SB runs to it's name.

We've never been a heavy hitting franchise like the Cowboys/Steelers/Patriots, who have had decades of playoff runs, or multiple SB winning seasons in the same decade.

I wouldn't trade any of that, but I think finally Giants fans realize we've been a pretty "lucky" franchise in terms of success.

This past decade has been one of the worst for any franchise, especially one trying to call itself one of "the" franchises in the NFL.

Right, these weren't exactly dominant Giant teams during that run...the Giants got hot at the right time. 

Granted, I'd take those 9-10 win teams in a heartbeat now. I'd settle for that over the next 5 years, LOL

39 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Right, these weren't exactly dominant Giant teams during that run...the Giants got hot at the right time. 

Granted, I'd take those 9-10 win teams in a heartbeat now. I'd settle for that over the next 5 years, LOL

But..but..but...we are closer to where we are going than where we were, got it?

16 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

But..but..but...we are closer to where we are going than where we were, got it?

Yep and Joe Judge is the next Bellicheck!

Joking aside, it's interesting that a team like the Bears is firing Nagy, a guy who actually has a winning record and took the team to the playoff twice, and his only losing season is this year, playing with a marginal rookie QB, injuries, backup QBs, etc (and throughout his tenure, he really hasn't had QB stability). He's 34-30, but the Bears are getting rid of him. Meanwhile, we have a coach on the verge of putting up 22-23 losses in two years, whose QBs under his tenure (Jones, Glennon) have all done WORSE since he's got here, and we're guaranteeing his job for next year.

On that note, just one quick point. Glennon is obviously not good, but my problem is before the Joe Judge Giants, Glennon was a decent backup putting up yards, high completion %'s, and far higher TDs, passer ratings, etc on other lousy teams (such as the Jags, Bears 2017) etc...yet he comes to the Joe Judge Giants and is doing far worse. In his starts for the Jags and Bears previously, he at least looked like he could hold down the position and manage a game. On the Joe Judge Giants, he looks completely bewildered. Plus Colt McCoy who we had to let go (no doubt a Joe Judge call) did quite well in his 3 starts filling in for an injured Kyler Murray.

It's the sign of a bad coach. Joe Judge makes bad situations worse; he's in over his head.

What happened to all those Hog Mollies that Gettleman was supposed to assemble so that we could win the game in the fucking trenches. !

The British did better than the Giants in the trenches at the Somme ( and we lost 20,000 men in one sad day there )

This disaster is on Mara and Gettleman more than Judge ( Judge is like a helpless , panicking World War 1 Captain on the front line with his with 2 idiot Generals behind him safely at HQ )

3 hours ago, mastershake said:

I'm not following. The Bengals have good players and a team playing well right now. How is that luck? Luck in terms of Joe Burrow panning out (so far?).

I don't know if I'd call them a good organization but they seem to be heading in the right direction, whereas the Giants are fledgling. 

nah, you're following just fine. Like you said, 'they seem to be heading in the right direction' - but the key word there is 'seem'.  

This is the best season they've had since the middle of the Marvin Lewis era. And we're going to crown their asses now? Come on. 

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Yeah I'm not following either.

Saying the Bungals are lucky is like saying the Giants were "lucky" with Eli and that era.

well it might be like saying that if Burrow and the Bengals had won a couple super bowls. They haven't won shit yet. 

are we pretty much in agreement that the Giants organization is presently a clown show due to excessive involvement of ownership that never even played the sport? Safe bet, right?

Well the Bengals are run by the owner's daughter. The fucking daughter. Alright? 

But sure, lets emulate that team because they have a winning record for the first time in like ten years?.... despite having all the same problems in the organization as the Giants? 

That's why I say they're getting lucky.... they haven't laid a true foundation for success, and yet they're having (a small amount of) success anyway. Good for them, I want to see the team succeed for the fans. But as far as Bengals owners go, I hope they go fuck themselves. 

4 hours ago, mastershake said:

Yep and Joe Judge is the next Bellicheck!

Joking aside, it's interesting that a team like the Bears is firing Nagy, a guy who actually has a winning record and took the team to the playoff twice, and his only losing season is this year, playing with a marginal rookie QB, injuries, backup QBs, etc (and throughout his tenure, he really hasn't had QB stability). He's 34-30, but the Bears are getting rid of him. Meanwhile, we have a coach on the verge of putting up 22-23 losses in two years, whose QBs under his tenure (Jones, Glennon) have all done WORSE since he's got here, and we're guaranteeing his job for next year.

On that note, just one quick point. Glennon is obviously not good, but my problem is before the Joe Judge Giants, Glennon was a decent backup putting up yards, high completion %'s, and far higher TDs, passer ratings, etc on other lousy teams (such as the Jags, Bears 2017) etc...yet he comes to the Joe Judge Giants and is doing far worse. In his starts for the Jags and Bears previously, he at least looked like he could hold down the position and manage a game. On the Joe Judge Giants, he looks completely bewildered. Plus Colt McCoy who we had to let go (no doubt a Joe Judge call) did quite well in his 3 starts filling in for an injured Kyler Murray.

It's the sign of a bad coach. Joe Judge makes bad situations worse; he's in over his head.

Question then is do you make a play for Nagy if Judge is let go?

You're absolutely right that we have no business guaranteeing Judge next year.  I don't blame Glennon, but I am not about to defend him.  That was a pretty putrid couple of games that can't all be put on the coach...no matter who it is.

4 hours ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

What happened to all those Hog Mollies that Gettleman was supposed to assemble so that we could win the game in the fucking trenches. !

The British did better than the Giants in the trenches at the Somme ( and we lost 20,000 men in one sad day there )

This disaster is on Mara and Gettleman more than Judge ( Judge is like a helpless , panicking World War 1 Captain on the front line with his with 2 idiot Generals behind him safely at HQ )

In retrospect (and you really can only make this kind of Judgement looking back), DG has been a disaster... too confident in his decisions to a fault... He makes Reese look very competent.  

7 hours ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

I love this apt metaphor man... just love it.

51 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Tynes was the man... GOD I hope Judge is finished.  Blow it up and start over now.  It will never be easy...

He really has the medium soda for his avatar lol...  

Not trying to compare with the  Bungles or anything - but having a 4000 yrd passer, 1000 yrds rusher and 2 1000 yrd WRs - all under the age of 24 with a defense thats holding its own in most situations - makes me envious - while we have been doing this rebuilding shit for a decade now - for a decade we have been cribbing about the OL - and out of all, only Thomas seems like a pick worth it, we never tried to use Flowers at Guard, Hernandez is not showing improvement - just disappointing and sad. Bengals have turned out pretty lucky I admit.

46 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

Funny part about the bengals, they are close to having a worse o-line than the giants.   

You don’t always have to have the o-line in place before getting the qb.  

I almost don't want to say it, but what they're doing on offense isn't sustainable. Burrow has some giant fucking balls man, but he stands back there even when he shouldn't. Taking a ton of huge hits. It's working because they have really good, if not great skill position talent.

At some point though, those hits are going to turn into fumbles or, worse, serious injuries.

But Burrow --- no joke --- reminds me of Joe Montana. He's got 'it'. But its not like we can give the Bengals a lot of credit for drafting him like it was some genius move, he was the no brainer pick - even casual fans knew he was the pick. They got that one right using the same online draft guides that us fans use (because the Bengals have the least professional scouting staff in the NFL). 

6 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

I almost don't want to say it, but what they're doing on offense isn't sustainable. Burrow has some giant fucking balls man, but he stands back there even when he shouldn't. Taking a ton of huge hits. It's working because they have really good, if not great skill position talent.

At some point though, those hits are going to turn into fumbles or, worse, serious injuries.

But Burrow --- no joke --- reminds me of Joe Montana. He's got 'it'. But its not like we can give the Bengals a lot of credit for drafting him like it was some genius move, he was the no brainer pick - even casual fans knew he was the pick. They got that one right using the same online draft guides that us fans use (because the Bengals have the least professional scouting staff in the NFL). 

6 hours ago, jranieli said:

Sometimes it takes a special QB to turn the fortunes of franchise around. Even with a bad offensive line. 

RG III saw his career to take a nose dive because of the hits he took..... No QB should be subjected to that no matter how special. 

6 hours ago, Nas said:

RG III saw his career to take a nose dive because of the hits he took..... No QB should be subjected to that no matter how special. 

The offense that includes QB runs as a staple and not simply a gimmick here or there will kill a QB career awfully quick...especially if they choose not to slide.  RG3 got screwed by his offensive leaders and his own inability to not take the brutal shot.

That's a little different than not offering him protection or skill pieces to help him.

On 1/4/2022 at 2:22 AM, Iceman_NYG said:

Not trying to compare with the  Bungles or anything - but having a 4000 yrd passer, 1000 yrds rusher and 2 1000 yrd WRs - all under the age of 24 with a defense thats holding its own in most situations - makes me envious - while we have been doing this rebuilding shit for a decade now - for a decade we have been cribbing about the OL - and out of all, only Thomas seems like a pick worth it, we never tried to use Flowers at Guard, Hernandez is not showing improvement - just disappointing and sad. Bengals have turned out pretty lucky I admit.

I'd definitely rather be the Bengals right now than the Giants. This Giants team is a mess, and more then just a few moves away from being a competent team.