SportsWrath

Jones officially done for the year

Mr. P

18 hours ago, Tempest said:

Yeah I'm ready for the season to end.  Two weeks of Glennon at QB has an impact.

Yeah I am going to watch the games, but I would be much happier to see Fromm under center.  Glennon is a nightmare and gives no reason to watch the game.

On 12/22/2021 at 2:16 AM, Iceman_NYG said:

Just play Fromm....lochness is useless

With two high first round picks this year, I hate to say it but I guess it’s time to start shopping for a new QB. 

I don’t watch college football anymore. Is there any good contenders? 

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

Honestly, I was hoping we'd sign Josh Rosen earlier in the season specifically for this scenario. Yes he's played like shit but has more upside than any QB we currently have on the roster

I don't even think the NFL wants Rosen on a roster. 

I wanted to go after Minshew, a late round pick would of gotten him. 

33 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I don't even think the NFL wants Rosen on a roster. 

I wanted to go after Minshew, a late round pick would of gotten him. 

I liked Minshew as a backup. 

Why does the NFL hate Rosen?  Did he do something besides suck? 

54 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I liked Minshew as a backup. 

Why does the NFL hate Rosen?  Did he do something besides suck? 

You gotta assume that's he's either just a horrible QB like he can't grasp a scheme or there's something else outside of football because two desperate franchises replaced him after a year lol 

He gets drafted in the first, plays almost a full albeit awful year with the Cards, gets replaced and traded by the new HC and then the exact same thing happens in Miami.

14 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

You gotta assume that's he's either just a horrible QB like he can't grasp a scheme or there's something else outside of football because two desperate franchises replaced him after a year lol 

He gets drafted in the first, plays almost a full albeit awful year with the Cards, gets replaced and traded by the new HC and then the exact same thing happens in Miami.

I think the main issue is he's stupid. Seriously. Rosen's score on the wonderlic was good for general population, but really poor for people that grow up with the advantages he did. I suspect his practical intelligence is quite low.

Another guy that fits this description.... Daniel Jones.

42 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

I think the main issue is he's stupid. Seriously. Rosen's score on the wonderlic was good for general population, but really poor for people that grow up with the advantages he did. I suspect his practical intelligence is quite low.

Huh?  I just checked and Jones scored basically the same as Eli (37 to 39).  And Peyton scored a 28 apparently. 

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

Hard to call a guy named Rosen stupid lol... jk.

Let's not be too harsh on DJ.   The kid tried to do too much to compensate for the OL... he was put out there and got injured too many times.   I like DJ and want him to be given a chance to succeed.   

53 minutes ago, Nas said:

Let's not be too harsh on DJ.   The kid tried to do too much to compensate for the OL... he was put out there and got injured too many times.   I like DJ and want him to be given a chance to succeed.   

I mean as a person I want him to succeed, hes a great kid and a competitor to the bitter end.

As a football fan though hes hurt way to often to be a franchise guy.

I mean next year is going to be a cluster fuck with the cap situation and the half assed rebuild they are going to pull, so the Giants might as well see what he has, but they need to start planning an option B, a real one this time.

Like I said Minshew would of been great, keeping McCoy, or maybe even Fromm shows he has something to prove.

But they can't roll into next year with just Jones as the only viable option at QB. 

Im hoping Jones can play a full 16 games healthy and throws 35 tuddies, but it's probably not going to happen on this team or ever. 

34 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I mean as a person I want him to succeed, hes a great kid and a competitor to the bitter end.

As a football fan though hes hurt way to often to be a franchise guy.

I mean next year is going to be a cluster fuck with the cap situation and the half assed rebuild they are going to pull, so the Giants might as well see what he has, but they need to start planning an option B, a real one this time.

Like I said Minshew would of been great, keeping McCoy, or maybe even Fromm shows he has something to prove.

But they can't roll into next year with just Jones as the only viable option at QB. 

Im hoping Jones can play a full 16 games healthy and throws 35 tuddies, but it's probably not going to happen on this team or ever. 

I'm only against spending draft capital NOW to get a QB when we need to get the infrastructure needed for any QB to be successful established.    We know we're going to have a shit year next year so why even bother bringing someone who will be wounded and damaged anyway.    Jones was made to be a RB and we know those last 4 years in the league tops... Jones is a pocket passer not a running QB... The way I see it, build the OL and see what you have with Jones next year then you will have a better idea as to what direction you want to go with the QB position.   

2 hours ago, Nas said:

I don't think he can succeed unless he's in one of those offenses like SF was running with Kaepernick.

Come to think of it, that is a damn good comp for Jones. Mobile guy who shows no ability to anticipate. Jones has more touch, Kaepernick had more arm. Both need at most a two read offense on a stacked offense to succeed.

On 12/23/2021 at 10:45 AM, BlueInCanada said:

I actually had a look at Rosen playing in garbage time with the Falcons and he threw one of the worst picks I've ever seen.

Maybe he does just suck.

23 hours ago, Nas said:

I'm only against spending draft capital NOW to get a QB when we need to get the infrastructure needed for any QB to be successful established.    We know we're going to have a shit year next year so why even bother bringing someone who will be wounded and damaged anyway.    Jones was made to be a RB and we know those last 4 years in the league tops... Jones is a pocket passer not a running QB... The way I see it, build the OL and see what you have with Jones next year then you will have a better idea as to what direction you want to go with the QB position.   

Agree to keep Judge as the head coach and the GM job is yours.  You get also get a free medium soda.