SportsWrath

Gints vs Durs.

BlueInCanada

Just now, Pdouble said:

I’m saying he doesn’t have the ability to be one if given the amount of carries. 

And I stand by my point as well, he doesnt have to be a 1000 yard guy, you don't need a 1000+ yard rusher to win in the NFL or even need a RB who is capable of rushing for more than 1000+ yards.

As you said it's hard to rush for more than 1000 yards, last year 9 players rushed for 1000 yards or more, one being a QB in Lamar.

Of those 8 RBs, 4 of them made the playoffs, none of them made the SB.

2 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

yeah, I agree with a nice split of carries between the two. Barkley will be most effective after a guy like Booker has softened up the D a bit. 

Some of those holes yesterday were nice though.... couldn't help but think that those ten, fifteen yard carries for Booker would have been taken to the house by Barkley.

One thing we didn't talk about enough.... Raiders were coming off a bye week, Giants were coming off a short week. That's a hell of a win right there, I had this game circled as a sure loss when I saw that mismatch in rest. 

Nice win indeed.   I can't think of many games this season where I though this team stunk... Given all the injuries and the new faces, I understand they need time to mesh to speak... 

Btw, is it me or was Galloday involved in only one play yesterday?   I didn't even know he was playing. 

30 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I gotta find the article, it was either posted here or reddit, but it showed the same thing.

Barkley is one or two big runs a game and a bunch of 1 yard or negative yard runs mixed in since his rookie year.

His first season he would just plow through the hole and even create his own running lanes, his second year he seemed to start dancing more at the line.

After the injury it's even more apparent.

Burns has to sit Barkley down and just tell him "You're built like a tank, stop pussyfooting around" lol

I think that part is mental... usually after a bad injury... remember we used to say the same about about Jacobs... He never manned up... pussyfooted it all the way to retirement (not that I can fault him either)

12 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Look... Devontae Booker had a nice game, but the guy has less than 300 yards in 9 games and averages under 4 yards per carry. This board really needs to pump the brakes.

Yep.