SportsWrath

Gints vs Durs.

BlueInCanada

2 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Sorry meant trade. 

I'd give him to any team for a 4th.

I think we'd still be stuck with the contract though. To lose the contract and the player, I think we'd had to have moved him before the trade deadline.

I'm certainly not an expert in this shit though so who knows. I would take a second for him.

6 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Booker is a better runner than Barkley sadly at this point.

Doesn't have anywhere near the talent Bakrley does.

But he has the better vision and patience to follow his blocks. 

For sure... just saw the highlights of the game and agree.  I saw some of the OL line play and RB runs.  Nice.

6 hours ago, Tempest said:

So the Giants win a football game against what arguably was a good team.  Just going to take the win and not try and break it down.  Back after the bye with a healthy and confident team.

This.  

14 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Booker is a better runner than Barkley sadly at this point.

Doesn't have anywhere near the talent Bakrley does.

But he has the better vision and patience to follow his blocks. 

Dude WTF BIC??? - I wasnt on the board during the game and started reading the thread now and this was the 5th comment on the thread. What in the world are you even talking about????? I can understand frustration but this is bordering on retardation.

5 hours ago, Nas said:

This.  

I agree. Im actually quite pissed about this whole bullshit about Raiders losing because of their 'nightmare week' blah blah. STFU - you lost you lost. We are playing with a half-ass team here - Ruggs wasnt exactly Cooper Kupp either. Time to go into the bye and come back healthy with Barkley and make a run for it and hope we can catch up to Dallas. We have one extra week to do so. The last 3 weeks the team has actually played well. If only that Atlanta game could have been sealed with the INT or that shitty FG against Washington - sighhhhhhhhhh

This team should be 5-4 and it's a real shame we fucked up 2 or 3 games ( especially against Was and Atl )

Maybe we can make a run and get to 8-9 or even 9-8 which might scrape a wild card.

Good team win as Joe Judge said yesterday , really enjoyed the game ( which i have just watched on replay )

2 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Dude WTF BIC??? - I wasnt on the board during the game and started reading the thread now and this was the 5th comment on the thread. What in the world are you even talking about????? I can understand frustration but this is bordering on retardation.

Well I was high as a kite yesterday.

But I still stand by what I said.

Booker is a better runner than Barkley at this point in time for the team. 

I'm not saying that he is the same playmaker, Barkley when healthy and when he's running well is a top 5 guy, bit that's the problem WHEN he's healthy and not dancing around like a ballerina behind the line.

Booker almost reminds me of a Derrick Ward, he has good vision and finds the right hole to hit and he's a threat out of the backfield.  

Now if/when Barkley comes back from the bye week I don't want to see Barkley suddenly eat up 90% of the snaps, because I'm sick of seeing negative yard runs.

Should be a tandem like Bradshaw and Jacobs almost 50/50 split the rest of the year. 

14 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

There are some really good young pieces on this team. It may really be just inept coaching holding them back. 

Yeah theres guys on this team it's just the core of it is rotten. 

I will say Graham really stepped up the defense yesterday and last week.

Granted the Chiefs are playing with Mahomes whos doing his best Favre impersonation and the Raiders are reeling from half their team being arrested but still it's a solid performance from the defense when the first 5 weeks they looked worse than we've ever seen. 

He's always had a "bend don't break" defence they will give up the big runs and pass yards, but hold in the redzone and loke yesterday create turnovers. 

He finally seems to have a pass rush in Ojulari and Roche, the secondary seems to have it together when it matters, Jackson and McKinney are just stupid good this year. 

2 hours ago, mastershake said:

Booker also has better toughness than Barkley.

yeah, I agree with a nice split of carries between the two. Barkley will be most effective after a guy like Booker has softened up the D a bit. 

Some of those holes yesterday were nice though.... couldn't help but think that those ten, fifteen yard carries for Booker would have been taken to the house by Barkley.

One thing we didn't talk about enough.... Raiders were coming off a bye week, Giants were coming off a short week. That's a hell of a win right there, I had this game circled as a sure loss when I saw that mismatch in rest. 

20 minutes ago, Herc said:

Assuming Barkley actually hit those holes and didn’t instead just cut directly into a defender 

I don't think he's been one to miss huge, gaping, obvious holes.

Barkley does tend to miss the little, four yard gain sort of holes that Booker doesn't though. 

30 minutes ago, Herc said:

Assuming Barkley actually hit those holes and didn’t instead just cut directly into a defender 

9 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

I don't think he's been one to miss huge, gaping, obvious holes.

Barkley does tend to miss the little, four yard gain sort of holes that Booker doesn't though. 

I don't think Barkley has very good vision, to be honest.  There's been holes there in the few games he's played this season but he'll bounce outside for a 3-yard loss instead. 

3 minutes ago, Herc said:

Also booker is a nice player and all, but they force fed the fuck out of him all day.  He better have had at least 100 scrimmage yards with that kind of usage.  

I don't really see a whole lot of difference between Booker and say, Orleans Darkwa.  They're both JAGs. 

43 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

Let’s see Booker rush for 1,000 yards. 

He doesn't have too.

Give me two capable running backs in tandem over a single 1000+ yard rusher at this point. 

Jacobs and Bradshaw only ever had acouple 1000 yard seasons, and I'm probably wrong but I don't think either came in the years they won the SB.

4 minutes ago, Herc said:

Also booker is a nice player and all, but they force fed the fuck out of him all day.  He better have had at least 100 scrimmage yards with that kind of usage.  

I agree the Raiders had a hard time stopping the run, but he was doing the same thing last week as well.

But that's the nice thing, we had a RB who wasnt trying to make plays, he was just running with what the defense gave him.

4 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

He doesn't have too.

Give me two capable running backs in tandem over a single 1000+ yard rusher at this point. 

Jacobs and Bradshaw only ever had acouple 1000 yard seasons, and I'm probably wrong but I don't think either came in the years they won the SB.

I agree the Raiders had a hard time stopping the run, but he was doing the same thing last week as well.

But that's the nice thing, we had a RB who wasnt trying to make plays, he was just running with what the defense gave him.

I’m saying he doesn’t have the ability to be one if given the amount of carries. 

22 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I don't think Barkley has very good vision, to be honest.  There's been holes there in the few games he's played this season but he'll bounce outside for a 3-yard loss instead. 

I gotta find the article, it was either posted here or reddit, but it showed the same thing.

Barkley is one or two big runs a game and a bunch of 1 yard or negative yard runs mixed in since his rookie year.

His first season he would just plow through the hole and even create his own running lanes, his second year he seemed to start dancing more at the line.

After the injury it's even more apparent.

Burns has to sit Barkley down and just tell him "You're built like a tank, stop pussyfooting around" lol