SportsWrath

Zimmerman = Wright?

Ditto

I like to watch these young guys develop, and I have to say this Zimmerman has to be opening eyes. He’s proving to be a shrewd hitter who outsmarted the Yankee pitch selection all weekend. Major league ready as was Jeter when he broke in.

I like to watch these young guys develop, and I have to say this Zimmerman has to be opening eyes. He’s proving to be a shrewd hitter who outsmarted the Yankee pitch selection all weekend. Major league ready as was Jeter when he broke in.

Wright>Zimmerman

He’s proving to be a shrewd hitter who outsmarted the Yankee pitch selection all weekend. Major league ready as was Jeter when he broke in.

Kinda like David Wright did, right?

So your saying David Wright wasn't MLB

ready when he was called up in 2004?

He finished that year with 14 homers

and 40 RBI.

Zimmerman's a fine young player but I don't believe there is a comparison here. After half a season you can't say he equals a young player who has already established himself as an elite MLB player.

You stupidity ceases to amaze me

Zimmerman's a fine young player but I don't believe there is a comparison here. After half a season you can't say he equals a young player who has already established himself as an elite MLB player.

He may not be equal yet, but they have the same bulldog qualities, and they both seem too good to be true. They may also have a downside if major league pitchers can find weaknesses.

You see them more often than I do. Tell me about their defense.

He may not be equal yet, but they have the same bulldog qualities, and they both seem too good to be true. They may also have a downside if major league pitchers can find weaknesses.

You see them more often than I do. Tell me about their defense.

David Wright > Ryan Zimmerman

David Wright > Ryan Zimmerman

Davis Wright has 2 more years experience than zimmerman in the majors. Why don't you guys wait 2 or 3 years to compare their careers. :TU:

Davis Wright has 2 more years experience than zimmerman in the majors. Why don't you guys wait 2 or 3 years to compare their careers. :TU:

Funny I say the same thing when the "would you trade Wright for Arod?" arguement comes up.

I don't think that at any point in his career, Zimmerman will be better than David Wright. David Wright is an amazing player, and granted Zimmerman's good too, but Zimmerman will probably not get the 30-40 HR power that Wright has. Undoubtedly, Zimmerman will be the best defensive third baseman since Scott Rolen but he is not a huge power threat. David Wright's ceiling is just so much higher.

I don't think that at any point in his career, Zimmerman will be better than David Wright. David Wright is an amazing player, and granted Zimmerman's good too, but Zimmerman will probably not get the 30-40 HR power that Wright has. Undoubtedly, Zimmerman will be the best defensive third baseman since Scott Rolen but he is not a huge power threat. David Wright's ceiling is just so much higher.

not to mention that Wright will steal 20-25 bases ;)

The thing is, Wright can cover the plate better than so many players in the majors today. He can go the other way with ease and he can crush an inside pitch over the left field fence. Zimmerman's good but I don't think he will have the plate coverage that Wright has.

So you have seen a young player for the first time on a hot streak hitting against your team and you say he could be equal in talent to a serious candidate for league MVP?

TYL!

(Typical Yankee Logic)

EDIT: And You trade Lastings Milledge for Melky Cabrera, good job! :TU: