Jump to content
SportsWrath

Saquon on the 1-5 start


NeMesiS
 Share

Recommended Posts

Ya know, just once I'd like to see someone get pissed off instead of the same old tow the line responses:

" 'How do I feel about the loss' I'm fucking pissed, how do you think I feel? How would you feel? We played like shit. We lost. It sucks. I can't fucking believe we're 6 weeks in and we suck this bad. I don't know how to fix it, I'm not the coach. We're paid to win, and we're not. There's nothing positive to take away, fuck all that positive attitude bullshit. You know what brings on a positive attitude? Winning. That's what. Fuck this shit, I need a beer and a shower". 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, BronxRik said:

Ya know, just once I'd like to see someone get pissed off instead of the same old tow the line responses:

" 'How do I feel about the loss' I'm fucking pissed, how do you think I feel? How would you feel? We played like shit. We lost. It sucks. I can't fucking believe we're 6 weeks in and we suck this bad. I don't know how to fix it, I'm not the coach. We're paid to win, and we're not. There's nothing positive to take away, fuck all that positive attitude bullshit. You know what brings on a positive attitude? Winning. That's what. Fuck this shit, I need a beer and a shower". 

It's that loser mentality that Judge spews every day after a loss.

"Were a good team we just need to watch the tapes and keep building, blah blah blah blah"

No Judge you're not a good team, stop acting like we are one good film review away from going 12-5.

Remember during his press conference he said something like  "I don't want athletes, or football players, I want guys who get pissed off when they are losing, I want competitors"

Well the entire team sounds like they are perfectly happy with just watching tapes and trusting the process. 

Don't think I've seen any emotion from these players or coaches about losing except for Williams whining like a bitch about being boo'd by the fans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, BronxRik said:

Ya know, just once I'd like to see someone get pissed off instead of the same old tow the line responses:

" 'How do I feel about the loss' I'm fucking pissed, how do you think I feel? How would you feel? We played like shit. We lost. It sucks. I can't fucking believe we're 6 weeks in and we suck this bad. I don't know how to fix it, I'm not the coach. We're paid to win, and we're not. There's nothing positive to take away, fuck all that positive attitude bullshit. You know what brings on a positive attitude? Winning. That's what. Fuck this shit, I need a beer and a shower". 

 

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

It's that loser mentality that Judge spews every day after a loss.

"Were a good team we just need to watch the tapes and keep building, blah blah blah blah"

No Judge you're not a good team, stop acting like we are one good film review away from going 12-5.

Remember during his press conference he said something like  "I don't want athletes, or football players, I want guys who get pissed off when they are losing, I want competitors"

Well the entire team sounds like they are perfectly happy with just watching tapes and trusting the process. 

Don't think I've seen any emotion from these players or coaches about losing except for Williams whining like a bitch about being boo'd by the fans.

Agreed. 

You don't need to have headcases and criminals on the team.   I don't think a Terrell Owens and Vontaze Burfict necessarily elevates the play of the team. 

But give me a Jesse Armstead.  Give me a Michael Strahan.  Give me a Brandon Jacobs. 

Shit, remember that game where Ahmad Bradshaw broke off a 17-yard run and then bounced up... to call out Victor Cruz on the field for whiffing on his block?  I want THAT fucking guy out there. 

We literally have zero of those on the team.  Zero. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Tempest said:

That is an old video from Shurmur's first year back when Saquon Barkley was a rookie.  :laugh:

You're the only one that noticed... This has become the norm.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As a player, what are you supposed to say? It fucking sucks to be 1-5 and to lose. There's nothing you can say that's going to be good, other than owning up and accepting responsibility. In general for coaches/players, I think at best, if you're going to say something, the best you can do is just not say the wrong thing, like Joe Judge, Ben McAdoo and others do constantly on several occasions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mastershake said:

As a player, what are you supposed to say? It fucking sucks to be 1-5 and to lose. There's nothing you can say that's going to be good, other than owning up and accepting responsibility. In general for coaches/players, I think at best, if you're going to say something, the best you can do is just not say the wrong thing, like Joe Judge, Ben McAdoo and others do constantly on several occasions.

I'm speaking more to the play on the field than whatever is said after the game.  I think when you're talking to the press, you sort of have to weigh your words carefully. 

I'm talking about when someone blows a coverage, misses a tackle, etc. there doesn't seem to be anyone pissed about it, including the player himself.  These guys are happy losers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I'm speaking more to the play on the field than whatever is said after the game.  I think when you're talking to the press, you sort of have to weigh your words carefully. 

I'm talking about when someone blows a coverage, misses a tackle, etc. there doesn't seem to be anyone pissed about it, including the player himself.  These guys are happy losers. 

Got it. That's fair. Yeah, I definitely sense that among this team...versus a team coached by Sean McVeigh for instance, who seem like they have much more energy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, NeMesiS said:

You're the only one that noticed... This has become the norm.  

Gold Star!

I would like to see what Saquon Barkley has to say about going 1-5 again.  Went 0-5 last year but he was hurt so maybe it bothered him less?  There is a whole lot of football left in the season fans wrote off two weeks ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/18/2021 at 11:16 PM, BronxRik said:

Ya know, just once I'd like to see someone get pissed off instead of the same old tow the line responses:

" 'How do I feel about the loss' I'm fucking pissed, how do you think I feel? How would you feel? We played like shit. We lost. It sucks. I can't fucking believe we're 6 weeks in and we suck this bad. I don't know how to fix it, I'm not the coach. We're paid to win, and we're not. There's nothing positive to take away, fuck all that positive attitude bullshit. You know what brings on a positive attitude? Winning. That's what. Fuck this shit, I need a beer and a shower". 

 

On 10/19/2021 at 8:31 AM, BlueInCanada said:

It's that loser mentality that Judge spews every day after a loss.

"Were a good team we just need to watch the tapes and keep building, blah blah blah blah"

No Judge you're not a good team, stop acting like we are one good film review away from going 12-5.

Remember during his press conference he said something like  "I don't want athletes, or football players, I want guys who get pissed off when they are losing, I want competitors"

Well the entire team sounds like they are perfectly happy with just watching tapes and trusting the process. 

Don't think I've seen any emotion from these players or coaches about losing except for Williams whining like a bitch about being boo'd by the fans.

 

On 10/19/2021 at 9:56 AM, Sephiroth said:

 

Agreed. 

You don't need to have headcases and criminals on the team.   I don't think a Terrell Owens and Vontaze Burfict necessarily elevates the play of the team. 

But give me a Jesse Armstead.  Give me a Michael Strahan.  Give me a Brandon Jacobs. 

Shit, remember that game where Ahmad Bradshaw broke off a 17-yard run and then bounced up... to call out Victor Cruz on the field for whiffing on his block?  I want THAT fucking guy out there. 

We literally have zero of those on the team.  Zero. 

 

 

An LT type would eat this shit up.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/19/2021 at 9:56 AM, Sephiroth said:

 

Agreed. 

You don't need to have headcases and criminals on the team.   I don't think a Terrell Owens and Vontaze Burfict necessarily elevates the play of the team. 

But give me a Jesse Armstead.  Give me a Michael Strahan.  Give me a Brandon Jacobs. 

Shit, remember that game where Ahmad Bradshaw broke off a 17-yard run and then bounced up... to call out Victor Cruz on the field for whiffing on his block?  I want THAT fucking guy out there. 

We literally have zero of those on the team.  Zero. 

 

 

This... watching those guys I always knew there was a great chance to win... now it is like watching a practice game seeing guys hurt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...