SportsWrath

Giants vs. Saints

CrazedDogs

14 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I don't know if it was in game adjustments or if they just seemed to open up the playbook more down the field. 

Whatever it is keep it going because that conservative shit we seen the first three weeks should be thrown out the window. 

I wish we could flip a magic switch for the defense now though lol 

The D were great in the first half, then slumped, then got it back together. O went through similar phases. To me that looked like Paton & Co making adjustments, then Judge & Co responding. AKA "coaching".

23 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

No but it was Garrett who was calling the most vanilla offense for the first three weeks and Graham is still calling a league worst defense. 

This was the second time ever Jones has passed for more than 300 yards ok his career. 

Also let's not act like the defense stonewalled the Saints. 

The Giants found soemthibg that worked offensively. 

Let Jones go trigger happy out there and keep feeding Golladay, Barkley and Toney. 

The defense on the other hand got lucky a lot today. 

Lets skip the play calling on offense and defense for a moment here.  Dropped balls, missed blocks and tackles.  You know the play calling requires you to make the block, catch, and tackle.  Players have been doing none of the above very well at all and the penalty killing drives is once again on them.  Team has been improving on both sides of the ball since the start of the season and we finally got a win to show for it.

Giants can roll through the rest of the season just keep on getting the ball Golladay until they stop him.  Then try the other receivers on the roster.

5 hours ago, Tempest said:

Lets skip the play calling on offense and defense for a moment here.  Dropped balls, missed blocks and tackles.  You know the play calling requires you to make the block, catch, and tackle.  Players have been doing none of the above very well at all and the penalty killing drives is once again on them.  Team has been improving on both sides of the ball since the start of the season and we finally got a win to show for it.

Giants can roll through the rest of the season just keep on getting the ball Golladay until they stop him.  Then try the other receivers on the roster.

The problem is the OLine. Its horrible at best. Though, I must admit... they played great against the Saints. Jason Garrett playbook is probably cut in half because of the OLine. I'm telling you, if we get the running game going, the offense is going to be unstoppable. 

17 hours ago, NeMesiS said:

The problem is the OLine. Its horrible at best. Though, I must admit... they played great against the Saints. Jason Garrett playbook is probably cut in half because of the OLine. I'm telling you, if we get the running game going, the offense is going to be unstoppable. 

Doing better than horrible at the moment and remember we're already down two starters.  I think it continues to play better if we can keep Golladay going.

we're giving the OL all sorts of credit this week, and this was clearly a high water mark for that group going back a decade or more. But it didn't just start *this* week. They've been steadily playing better going back to the middle of last season. It's just going to take a long time for fan opinion to catch up with reality because frankly how many of us actually flip on the all 22 through the week to check our assumptions, or simply watch the games from the lines out, rather than just watching the ball? - I know most of us are just watching the ball. 

By the time most of us think we have a good OL, it probably won't be a good OL anymore.

The big differences I saw were two fold.... one, Jones had another level of pocket presence this week. When there was a bit of pressure, he moved up or around in the pocket to avoid it and kept his eyes down field. When there was no pressure, he didn't rush the ball out. A few of those plays Jones was in the pocket for over five seconds. FIVE fucking seconds. Who's he think he is, Kurt Warner? Was that Orlando Pace protecting his blind side? May as well have been.

And second, the play book has been opened up. Did we run that stupid 'everybody run a button hook short of the sticks' play even once this week?

5 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

we're giving the OL all sorts of credit this week, and this was clearly a high water mark for that group going back a decade or more. But it didn't just start *this* week. They've been steadily playing better going back to the middle of last season. It's just going to take a long time for fan opinion to catch up with reality because frankly how many of us actually flip on the all 22 through the week to check our assumptions, or simply watch the games from the lines out, rather than just watching the ball? - I know most of us are just watching the ball. 

By the time most of us think we have a good OL, it probably won't be a good OL anymore.

The big differences I saw were two fold.... one, Jones had another level of pocket presence this week. When there was a bit of pressure, he moved up or around in the pocket to avoid it and kept his eyes down field. When there was no pressure, he didn't rush the ball out. A few of those plays Jones was in the pocket for over five seconds. FIVE fucking seconds. Who's he think he is, Kurt Warner? Was that Orlando Pace protecting his blind side? May as well have been.

And second, the play book has been opened up. Did we run that stupid 'everybody run a button hook short of the sticks' play even once this week?

you know.. I actually thought about that.. in the sense that our assessment maybe lagging...