SportsWrath

Giants vs. Saints

CrazedDogs

5 minutes ago, Iceman_NYG said:

FEED THE DAMN TOP BACK!! USE YOUR FUCKING PLAY MAKERS - GOLLADAY and YOUR FUCKING No.1 ROOKIE - JUST KEEP IT SIMPLE AND EXECUTE!!!

Kudos to the Oline - they played fantastic today!!....maybe this turns around our season!

The offensive line was fantastic

26 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Lol love you too Nassy Bear.

Seriously though… this game was tough and we prevailed… enjoy the moment.   I was so tense I caught a headache lol… my 6 year old isn’t used to seeing his dad animated he kept saying “daaaaad chillll”

20 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

So maybe Garrett can finally just start letting Jones go out there and fucking sling the ball.

Helps Barkley and the Oline out too, Barkley finally had holes to run through.

Yeah, anybody else notice the protection today? Cam Jordan even play today?

Jones is a nice QB if the protection is there... He'll stand in there oblivious to the pressure regardless of the quality of the protection. 

30 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

Yeah, anybody else notice the protection today? Cam Jordan even play today?

Jones is a nice QB if the protection is there... He'll stand in there oblivious to the pressure regardless of the quality of the protection. 

He throws the ball with conviction… and we have some great receivers out there.   Saquon looks like a beast again…. And we beat the Saints in the dome no less.

That 3rd and 2 with 7 mins to go in the 4th that NO had ( leading 21-10 ) was an amazing stop ( Ojulari and Carter ) huge!!

then a great punt return by Board and the brilliant TD by Saquon on the very next play ( and a 2 pt conversion )

wow what a turn around

49 minutes ago, Joe Guyden said:

It almost seems like coaches vs players and the players finally overcame the coaches. 

Because it is the coaches out there dropping passes, missing blocks and tackles.  I see the win as the players finally doing what they are supposed to be doing.

Defense made a lot of key stops in the game, especially in the fourth quarter to give the offense the chance to tie the game up and win it in overtime.  Pass protection continues to solidify giving Jones time in the pocket.

I believe we have a use for Evan Engram now, as a decoy.  3 Saints converged on him as the ball sailed overhead to a wide open Barkley.  Every team in the NFL has over four years of footage of Engram running the absolutely pitiful 3-5 yard flats and drag routes and the Giants feeding him the ball.

I think Kenny Golladay is the second coming of Plaxico Burress.  Get him the ball all day long, he just makes plays.  Giants need to throw the ball to open up the run game and do it until the defense stops it.  Don't run it just because we completed a pass last down.

1 hour ago, Joe Guyden said:

It almost seems like coaches vs players and the players finally overcame the coaches. 

I think it was more the Giants fucked up less than the Saints today. 

I mean if the roles were reversed we would of been calling it a typical Giants loss shooting yourself in the foot every chance you can get. 

12 minutes ago, Tempest said:

Because it is the coaches out there dropping passes, missing blocks and tackles.  I see the win as the players finally doing what they are supposed to be doing.

Defense made a lot of key stops in the game, especially in the fourth quarter to give the offense the chance to tie the game up and win it in overtime.  Pass protection continues to solidify giving Jones time in the pocket.

I believe we have a use for Evan Engram now, as a decoy.  3 Saints converged on him as the ball sailed overhead to a wide open Barkley.  Every team in the NFL has over four years of footage of Engram running the absolutely pitiful 3-5 yard flats and drag routes and the Giants feeding him the ball.

I think Kenny Golladay is the second coming of Plaxico Burress.  Get him the ball all day long, he just makes plays.  Giants need to throw the ball to open up the run game and do it until the defense stops it.  Don't run it just because we completed a pass last down.

:punk:

16 minutes ago, Tempest said:

No but it was Garrett who was calling the most vanilla offense for the first three weeks and Graham is still calling a league worst defense. 

This was the second time ever Jones has passed for more than 300 yards ok his career. 

Also let's not act like the defense stonewalled the Saints. 

The Giants found soemthibg that worked offensively. 

Let Jones go trigger happy out there and keep feeding Golladay, Barkley and Toney. 

The defense on the other hand got lucky a lot today. 

1 minute ago, BlueInCanada said:

I think it was more the Giants fucked up less than the Saints today. 

I mean if the roles were reversed we would of been calling it a typical Giants loss shooting yourself in the foot every chance you can get. 

Actually the saints have always played well.. they played quite well today too...  what you saw out there was two professional football teams showing us why they get paid the big bucks and you and I are sitting at home watching... the game was great and could have gone either way (much like the previous 2 games)... thank God we caught a break and won this one.... although I must admit that last drive in OT that resulted in a TD told the world, we're going to win this one... hands down.  

1 minute ago, Nas said:

Actually the saints have always played well.. they played quite well today too...  what you saw out there was two professional football teams showing us why they get paid the big bucks and you and I are sitting at home watching... the game was great and could have gone either way (much like the previous 2 games)... thank God we caught a break and won this one.... although I must admit that last drive in OT that resulted in a TD told the world, we're going to win this one... hands down.  

The Saints are probably an 8 and 8 sorry 8 and 9 team at best.

Let's not act like there were competing in that division this year or in the NFL after Brees retiring. 

If the Saints were getting paid they shouldn't be because they fucked up a lot today from penalties, to over throws. 

Their defense did nothing to help them win. 

Just now, BlueInCanada said:

The Saints are probably an 8 and 8 sorry 8 and 9 team at best.

Let's not act like there were competing in that division this year or in the NFL after Brees retiring. 

If the Saints were getting paid they shouldn't be because they fucked up a lot today from penalties, to over throws. 

Their defense did nothing to help them win. 

My counter is.. this is the NFL... you have to earn every win... No easy wins right?

21 minutes ago, Treehugger said:

Is it just me or did we actually witness some in-game coaching adjustments? I'm not sure because I haven't seen that in a long time.

I don't know if it was in game adjustments or if they just seemed to open up the playbook more down the field. 

Whatever it is keep it going because that conservative shit we seen the first three weeks should be thrown out the window. 

I wish we could flip a magic switch for the defense now though lol 

One thing I will say;

The fuck is up with the Oline? Did we find a miracle maker in that new OL coach Sale? 

Solder and Thomas are playing lights out on the edge.

Price is a better center than Gates. 

Henry and Skura held down the pass rush. 

Against a good front four and with rotating pieces they really stepped up big today. 

Allowing the down field pass opened up the running lanes for Barkley. They have Jones time to stand in the pocket and .Ake his reads then just drop those dimes. 

It's probably my favorite thing from this game even if we ended up losing.