SportsWrath

Hill vs Price Tracker

mastershake

5 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Overall rating.

Granted, I don't want to shit on Austin Johnson, since he's put up good stats and flashed at time, so moreso I'm pointing out the flaw in Bill Price vs BJ Hill.

Plus Sheltons main role is just just eat up blocks. 

I mean it was all the situation at the time right.

The Giants defense wasn't expected to regress this much, and Hill was buried in a rotation he wouldn't see much playing time. 

I thought Price played well last week he had like a 76 grade or something against the Falcons. 

I mean fast forward to now and the trade looks good for both sides, just for the fact that the entire interior Oline is either on IR or injured, and Price can hold down the center position.

I never liked PFF it's all just confirmation bias.

I disagree...but I'm at least glad to see BJ Hill doing well. I always liked him and thought he could be a starter in this league.

I also just find it interesting that this 2018 draft class is all about to go bust, and the lone guy we jettisoned because we couldn't make use of him is actually by the looks of it off to have a nice career.

13 minutes ago, mastershake said:

I disagree...but I'm at least glad to see BJ Hill doing well. I always liked him and thought he could be a starter in this league.

I also just find it interesting that this 2018 draft class is all about to go bust, and the lone guy we jettisoned because we couldn't make use of him is actually by the looks of it off to have a nice career.

We'll see. 

I mean Price is a full time starter on the Oline something we lack dearly. 

Hill is a guy who we would of had to pay next year and is still a rotational player.

I'm glad he's doing well and it's evident that the Bengals defense is better suited for him than that the Giants were doing.

I have no problem with the trade simply because Hill probably wouldn't be on the team next year's regardless. 

If anything I think we are feeling the loss of Tomlinson more.

For some reason he must of been a key piece in keeping guys off of Williams and the edge guys. 

Because now Williams is facing constant double teams and only Ojulari has been getting home consistently. 

I've seen some things from Price I like. Majority of his most egregious issues have been procedural or missed assignments. 

I just hope we can figure out how to keep him blocking in a phone booth; he wins when he can get his hands locked on his man. His balance when he kicks out is not good, and his arms are too short to work in space. He's a pure center, and only a scheme fit for some teams. Not sure the Giants are that team.

50 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

I've seen some things from Price I like. Majority of his most egregious issues have been procedural or missed assignments. 

I just hope we can figure out how to keep him blocking in a phone booth; he wins when he can get his hands locked on his man. His balance when he kicks out is not good, and his arms are too short to work in space. He's a pure center, and only a scheme fit for some teams. Not sure the Giants are that team.

Rememver the famous Judge line “don’t tell me what a player can’t do, tell me what a player can do”

turns out that was just more bullshit from Judge. 

20 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

We'll see. 

I mean Price is a full time starter on the Oline something we lack dearly. 

Hill is a guy who we would of had to pay next year and is still a rotational player.

I'm glad he's doing well and it's evident that the Bengals defense is better suited for him than that the Giants were doing.

I have no problem with the trade simply because Hill probably wouldn't be on the team next year's regardless. 

Neither will Price be on the team next year.

11 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Neither will Price be on the team next year.

I think Price will be back if Gate's injury is career ending as some reports are citing.

I care more about the fact that Price is starting, Hill was buried on the depth chart last year, and it would be the same this year.

If Price is gone next year then so be it, atleast we had a capable center after Gate's inury instead of a DT who would only be playing 30% of the snaps.

Also it's going to be a lot cheaper to keep Price compared to what the Bungals are going to have to pay for Hill, since the new GM looks like he's going to have a fun time balancing the books next year.

18 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I think Price will be back if Gate's injury is career ending as some reports are citing.

I care more about the fact that Price is starting, Hill was buried on the depth chart last year, and it would be the same this year.

If Price is gone next year then so be it, atleast we had a capable center after Gate's inury instead of a DT who would only be playing 30% of the snaps.

Also it's going to be a lot cheaper to keep Price compared to what the Bungals are going to have to pay for Hill, since the new GM looks like he's going to have a fun time balancing the books next year.

Price is a capable center, and BJ Hill would be buried on this depth chart.

Good lord this organization is incompetent.

31 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Price is a capable center, and BJ Hill would be buried on this depth chart.

Good lord this organization is incompetent.

He has buried last year and no one complained lol for some reason though after the trade it's a big deal lol 

He played in 30 percent of the snaps last year and no one batted a eye about it.

So once again I don't see what your so upset about other than "DG do bad!!!!" 

Which I'm the captain of. 

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

He has buried last year and no one complained lol for some reason though after the trade it's a big deal lol 

He played in 30 percent of the snaps last year and no one batted a eye about it.

So once again I don't see what your so upset about other than "DG do bad!!!!" 

Which I'm the captain of. 

That was when we had Tomlinson.

And now we don't have Tomlinson nor Hill. We have the backup Center from the Bengals who's a draft bust, and they're 3-1 and we're 0-3.