SportsWrath

It's official boys.

BlueInCanada

Giants are 18-48 since 2017, the worst record in all of football. 

We are now the bottom feeder franchise of the NFL.

People can't say "we atleast we aren't the Browns" anymore.

It's now "Atleast we aren't the Giants" 

Soak it in fellas. 

Hope Mara and Getty are happy with the product they built.

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

Great fucking flick.

The ending could be better.  The Trip character... a sergeant in real life survived this battle and the Civil War.  I knew the history so I was a bit of dead wood in the theater.  When they face the cannons at the end... the whole theater was going no or CHARGE!!!  I knew that the 54th and the two other White regiments were beaten off.  They later isolated the fort and starved them out.  The confederates did what they usually do and abandoned the works with the Union walking in.

21 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Loved it mang... watch it twice a year.  I love all Civil War flicks with well rendered battles.

My old man is in it for a split second. Next time you watch during the opening few minutes, there's an officer taking roll to a regiment (though there's no audio with that part). That's my dad.

5 hours ago, Tempest said:

Yay more stats  :rimshot:

Remember how the Cleveland Browns became the joke of the NFL?  It wasn't just because they lost most of their games.

Well.   I do believe this team will turn it around soon.   I'm not letting a couple of childish acts on national television change that... I always remember that this organization has brought us a trophy once every decade... I'm not sure what other organization outside of the Patriots have been better in the last 40+ years.  

Yea we lost the game... by one fucking point... but it was a great game... BOTH TEAMS played their fucking hearts out and we ended up on the wrong side of the score... so what?   Jones was slinging  it... the OL played quite well... Barkley isn't back and won't be back for another 6 to 8 games (barring an injury)... 

2 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

My old man is in it for a split second. Next time you watch during the opening few minutes, there's an officer taking roll to a regiment (though there's no audio with that part). That's my dad.

Wow nice man.  The opening scene at Antietam?  A great scene that show what an asshole General McClellan was.  With a two to one advantage he barely ekes out a Union win that his other generals had to beg him into.

1 minute ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Wow nice man.  The opening scene at Antietam?  A great scene that show what an asshole General McClellan was.  With a two to one advantage he barely ekes out a Union win that his other generals had to beg him into.

Yep, same one.

And.yes, McClellan was an asshole.

16 hours ago, BronxRik said:

Morgan Freeman putting a slapdown on Denzel. :LMAO:Fucking great. 

I swear to GOD... when I saw this scene I thought it was my Old Man talking to my brother.  He would look at you just like that when he finished too... like you want to get your ass busted some more.... :laugh:  My answer was always NO SIR!!!  My Old Man never beat me and this is why.  I was afraid of that man.  :laugh:

6 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

I swear to GOD... when I saw this scene I thought it was my Old Man talking to my brother.  He would look at you just like that when he finished too... like you want to get your ass busted some more.... :laugh:  My answer was always NO SIR!!!  My Old Man never beat me and this is why.  I was afraid of that man.  :laugh:

That look on Denzel's face is priceless. 

10 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

One of these guys?

h1jmbmz.jpg

1 hour ago, BronxRik said:

That look on Denzel's face is priceless. 

Yup...he had a dad moment too.  Like when the Old Man plays patty cake with your face and you better shape up.  Fuck I shaped up in the theater after seeing that.  Morgan and Denzel must have been slapped just like that or seen it.   :blink::laugh::blink:

8 hours ago, BronxRik said:

One of these guys?

h1jmbmz.jpg

He's at 3:02, standing next to the guy taking roll on the left, almost out of frame. 

The only way we knew it was him back in the day is by pausing the video and seeing all the guys we recognize (the sergeant on the right is our friend Glenn and the rest of the guys are my dad's regiment).  

On 9/19/2021 at 12:53 PM, Sephiroth said:

On 9/19/2021 at 11:02 PM, BronxRik said:

One of these guys?

h1jmbmz.jpg

Just watched it Seph...nice.  :)