SportsWrath

The Official Getty's Gotta Go Thread.

Sephiroth

Trade deadline is 3 weeks from today. 

After we lose this weekend, the front office should immediately fire Gettleman.  Promote Abrams to interim GM and have him get rid of as many of these underperforming contracts as he can before November 3rd, and acquire as many draft picks as possible.  Might as well make this place palatable for whoever the next guy is. 

8 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

After we lose this weekend, the front office should immediately fire Gettleman.  Promote Abrams to interim GM and have him get rid of as many of these underperforming contracts as he can before November 3rd, and acquire as many draft picks as possible.  Might as well make this place palatable for whoever the next guy is. 

I assume you’re keeping Judge for the purpose of a higher draft pick?

6 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

This... now you need an ownership willing to pull the trigger.  Lets hope Tisch is that guy.  Cause Mara ain't.  Mara is a big part of the problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing but a complete overhaul is going to do. 

If the Giants are planning the, "fire x guy, but keep x guy" on this shithole team than I'm out for next season.  Enough of the "one foot in, one foot out" hokey pokey bullshit. 

Start over. 

7 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Nothing but a complete overhaul is going to do. 

If the Giants are planning the, "fire x guy, but keep x guy" on this shithole team than I'm out for next season.  Enough of the "one foot in, one foot out" hokey pokey bullshit. 

Start over. 

For real man.  We need a full 1978 style housecleaning.  Anything short of that then they will suck yet again for another three to four years.  I will be out next year as well.  I have witnessed too much good, bad and ugly Giants football to put up with this shit any longer than I have to.

I think between our record, our play on the field, the clock management issues, the undisciplined penalties...all could have been overlooked as part of being a relatively new head coach and having a younger roster.

HOWEVER, the lack of accountability for timeout usage (headset blame is clearly bullshit) and the inaction to trade Engram and Slayton when there was interest in a lost season are completely inexcusable to me.

I was very much in the keep Judge/fire Gettleman camp until now.  I will go on record as being in the fire/trade everyone, bite the cap bullet for a year or two and build draft equity.

2 hours ago, gmenroc said:

I think between our record, our play on the field, the clock management issues, the undisciplined penalties...all could have been overlooked as part of being a relatively new head coach and having a younger roster.

HOWEVER, the lack of accountability for timeout usage (headset blame is clearly bullshit) and the inaction to trade Engram and Slayton when there was interest in a lost season are completely inexcusable to me.

I was very much in the keep Judge/fire Gettleman camp until now.  I will go on record as being in the fire/trade everyone, bite the cap bullet for a year or two and build draft equity.

I said it before. The Manningcast did it for me. I was skeptical and really there wasn't much that would change my mind. I want them all gone. Judge should be out of a job. 

9 hours ago, gmenroc said:

I was trying to be as patient as possible and give people more than a fair shake.   I’m actually on the we also need new owners bandwagon if there ever was one.

On 11/3/2021 at 12:17 PM, gmenroc said:

This is how I feel as well. We should be going after a GM/HC team, and have been asking this for eight years.

Moreover, if possible we should be trading down in this draft with both picks as much as fucking possible. I'm not sold on Jones; might as well trade into the middle of the round where you can still get good value (interior O-line, interior D-line, RB) and stockpile picks for the next seasonin case Jones isn't the guy. There are no good QBs in this draft but some team will fall in love with one and overpay with a 1st the following season.

On 11/13/2021 at 11:23 AM, BlueInCanada said:

Oh another nail in the coffin, Beal was released and doesn't plan on coming back.

Probably because Aaron Robinson is off IR. I'm pretty sure that's the only reason Beal hung around.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to admit, I got some good belly laughs this week every time I saw someone on Reddit or in a Giants podcast talk about the "playoff push." 

The team is 3-6 and scores 17 points a game while allowing 40, what fucking planet are these people living on? 

26 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I have to admit, I got some good belly laughs this week every time I saw someone on Reddit or in a Giants podcast talk about the "playoff push." 

The team is 3-6 and scores 17 points a game while allowing 40, what fucking planet are these people living on? 

"But but but we beat the Saints and put up a fight against the Chiefs!!!!!!!"

Lol 

On 11/23/2021 at 11:12 AM, Sephiroth said:

Playoff push right back to 1978 bro... these people are delusional.  In 1978 we had a great defense...yet again the offense sucked.   Hey Pisarcik hand off to Csonka...          :whistling::Popcorn-emot::huh::blink::mellow: