SportsWrath

The Official Getty's Gotta Go Thread.

Sephiroth

Just now, BronxRik said:

Poor Eli can't catch a break. Unceremoniously benched, breaking his streak,  and fans booing ownership at his number retirement. I hate to say it, but sucks to be a Giant right now. 

Imagine during the meeting with the Giants FO deciding on the game to retire Eli's jersey, everyone coming to the decision on the Falcons because it will probably be a win since there's no way the team could get worse?

lol

It is so hard to watch other teams after watching this one.  This team has bums up and down the roster that we got sold on.  Adore Jackson was drafted in the first round at a premium position that you can’t have too many of and Tennessee, who couldn’t stop anyone the past few years, didn’t pick up his fifth year option.  We saw why today, he’s a fucking bum and this old geezer who hasn’t learned anything about roster building since 1994 talked us into him while shopping at the dollar store for an offensive line 

8 hours ago, Herc said:

Home game and owner gets boo’d out of the building during a slam dunk feel good half time moment, then the team loses like that.  All good news if you want change 

Yep... shades of 1977 and 1978... good.  Sorry for Eli.  I expected them to shit the bed.

12 minutes ago, mastershake said:

The Barkley pick continues to look like a huge mistake. Honestly trade this guy for a 1st if we can.

Hahahh if someone offers a first for anyone on this team we take it as soon as possible before they realize the terrible mistake they are making. 

17 minutes ago, mastershake said:

The Barkley pick continues to look like a huge mistake. Honestly trade this guy for a 1st if we can.

that is definitely not an awful idea. 

I still think the world of the guy, but obviously this team is way too far away to seriously compete this year. 

On the bright side, Justin Fields looks profoundly awful. I didn't think he'd be good. I didn't think he'd be historically bad either. That Bears pick looks like its going to be nice. 

Can't believe I'm about to say this, because I've never said this in September as a Giants fan... but I'm done.  

I'll watch games with my dad if he wants to or maybe if it's raining, but I have zero interest in this fucking train wreck. It's pathetic, it's painful... it's just a waste of my time.  If Garrett and Gettleman are on the street by the end of today maybe I'll reconsider to see if it gives the team a jolt... but Daniel Jones running over Grady Jarrett was a jolt and the defense rolled over and played dead on the next series, so I'm not even sure how much I'll fall for "a jolt" these days. 

Deleted the Giants podcasts from my feed as well (except Just Giants with Grump and the Cranky fan... I'm sure they're still going to be entertaining). 

11 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Giants are on pace to pick inside the top 5. 

This will make three out of four times Getty picked inside the top 5.

What the fuck do we have to show for it? Lol

I read somewhere that no team in the NFL has had more draft capital in the last 4 years or spent more in FA than the Giants. 

Not sure if that's true or not but this is really, really pathetic. 

15 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I read somewhere that no team in the NFL has had more draft capital in the last 4 years or spent more in FA than the Giants. 

The worst part is how DG has us in cap hell in 2022...it's really rather remarkable how this is even possible when the team is this bad.

He also traded a 2022 4th rounder away for Bredeson who is playing like the backup we all knew he was. Oyyyy vey...

God it sucks talking about blowing it up after 3 weeks, but cleaning the slate might be the way to go.

Can't imagine Barkley is going to stick around after year 5 anyway, so get something for him now I suppose. 

As for Jones, I just don't care enough to hold onto him..so if there is a deal to be made, do it.

The cap, if as bad as people say it is, will take 2 years to clean up.  We may be helped by the NFL Sunday Ticket deal that is looking more like Amazon and less like Direct TV that'll infuse 2.5 Billion into the NFL

3 minutes ago, mastershake said:

At what point do the giants front office/org start blaming (scapegoating) the injury bug for their failed season?

Oh, I think the injuries are gonna pile up now cause there's no incentive to play.  Make their contract incentives to get paid, but without that...a 3 week injury could still be "sore" and turn into a 6 week injury.

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

Yeah Giants have spent more on FA the last three years than any other team if I've read correctly.

3 hours ago, NeMesiS said:

I remembered when we hired Judge and Garrett that Barkley was going to compete for 2000 yards season. But instead, I’m hoping for us to win at least 1 game this year. 

Interesting stat: the Giants are 8-26 with Saquon Barkley, and 7-10 without Saquon, since 2018.

Is Wayne Gallman available???