SportsWrath

The Official Getty's Gotta Go Thread.

Sephiroth

17 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Can't believe I'm about to say this, because I've never said this in September as a Giants fan... but I'm done.  

I'll watch games with my dad if he wants to or maybe if it's raining, but I have zero interest in this fucking train wreck. It's pathetic, it's painful... it's just a waste of my time.  If Garrett and Gettleman are on the street by the end of today maybe I'll reconsider to see if it gives the team a jolt... but Daniel Jones running over Grady Jarrett was a jolt and the defense rolled over and played dead on the next series, so I'm not even sure how much I'll fall for "a jolt" these days. 

Deleted the Giants podcasts from my feed as well (except Just Giants with Grump and the Cranky fan... I'm sure they're still going to be entertaining). 

I love hearing the breakdowns from real Giants fans who understand the game.  I am like you man.  I am not even upset.  They have to do what they did under McVay.  A total house cleaning and bring in new versions of George Young and Perkins.  I prefer Belichick or other established winning football coaches.  Plus a general manager who can handle the cap and understands the modern game.  I don't have three to five hours to waste each week.  That is what it is now... a waste.

7 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Carl is the man... he is TaylorBanksCarsonvanPelt in the equation.  One of the top four lineman/lbs among about 20 greats in recent 45 years of Giants history.  

I love how despite being connected to the organization, he has no problem being critical and brutally honest about the Giants when necessary. He's not just a guy who's going to cheerlead everything they do like some reporters/analysts/beat writers.

6 minutes ago, mastershake said:

I love how despite being connected to the organization, he has no problem being critical and brutally honest about the Giants when necessary. He's not just a guy who's going to cheerlead everything they do like some reporters/analysts/beat writers.

Has he said anything about Judge, DG, or ownership?

4 hours ago, mastershake said:

4 hours ago, Joe Guyden said:

Has he said anything about Judge, DG, or ownership?

He tends to stick to the X's and O's while staying away from most of the politics.  He will criticize the game but is careful to couch his words when speaking of "management".  I don't have an issue with this and go on my longevity of watching the Giants since 1968.  I have seen them come and go.  No one person has all of the answers.  Sometimes you need a change of scenery like McVay going from the Giants to be the San Fran general manager right after.  He caught lightning in a bottle.  After The Fumble no way was McVay going to have any football life here. 

So Gettleman and Judge can go scratch.  Fuck them.  They can and probably will have a life elsewhere.  For some reason the Giants are not their stop on the train of life.  Too bad for them.  Gettleman should straight up retire at this point and Judge should go be a head coach of a college team or be a coordinator someplace else.  The line he has is lame and old.  Just move on Judge to some Midwestern team that will buy into the bullshit.  I am just done with this stuff.  Give them two to three years to show some improvement.  If they don't mix, stir and repeat while moving on.

4 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

I'm admittedly back and forth on this mother fucker, and this is worse than just hating him all the time. 

Yep.

He somehow put a competent Oline together with scraps from other teams and a returning RT who's 49 years old.

But why couldn't he do this before lol 

He got a franchise QB, he found a dynamic WR. 

But then he turns around and signs guy like Stewart his first year.

This team makes me fucking bipolar man. 

10 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Yep.

He somehow put a competent Oline together with scraps from other teams and a returning RT who's 49 years old.

Makes you wonder, how much of it has been coaching / play calling.  Jones has played really good this year, has even flashed greatness.  The offensive line, honestly, the same.  Saquon showed if they get him the ball with any consistency, he will hot a home run a couple times a game. 

So what to make of it all.  Has Getty built a roster that coaches consistently fuck up?  Or are we just seeing mediocre talent showing flashes against mediocre opponents?  When Garret / Judge took the training wheels off, the offense looked like a competent NFL offense.  But they have looked so frustratingly incompetent so much this season.

And then what does it mean after the season?  Let's say the Giants finish with 6-8 wins, up and down, flashes and burn outs.  Who stays and who goes?  I think Getty has still failed in a lot of ways, one blue chip player on the offensive line, after giving Solder a boat load of cash.  Every season filling the line out of second hand players.  Major hits on guys like Martinez, Bradberry, some decent drafts but unspectacular.  At best, he's a middle of the road GM....or is this the reincarnate of EA...who for years was hated and was close to being ran out, until he finally built a super bowl roster in a couple of drafts before retiring.  

And then, with 6-8 wins, does Judge show enough to secure another season?  

I'm more fucked up over the unsure state of what we have here than last week when I thought the entire team up to and including the owner should be taken out back and shot.   

And if they lay an egg next week? 

11 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Yep.

35 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

Makes you wonder, how much of it has been coaching / play calling.  Jones has played really good this year, has even flashed greatness.  The offensive line, honestly, the same.  Saquon showed if they get him the ball with any consistency, he will hot a home run a couple times a game. 

So what to make of it all.  Has Getty built a roster that coaches consistently fuck up?  Or are we just seeing mediocre talent showing flashes against mediocre opponents?  When Garret / Judge took the training wheels off, the offense looked like a competent NFL offense.  But they have looked so frustratingly incompetent so much this season.

And then what does it mean after the season?  Let's say the Giants finish with 6-8 wins, up and down, flashes and burn outs.  Who stays and who goes?  I think Getty has still failed in a lot of ways, one blue chip player on the offensive line, after giving Solder a boat load of cash.  Every season filling the line out of second hand players.  Major hits on guys like Martinez, Bradberry, some decent drafts but unspectacular.  At best, he's a middle of the road GM....or is this the reincarnate of EA...who for years was hated and was close to being ran out, until he finally built a super bowl roster in a couple of drafts before retiring.  

And then, with 6-8 wins, does Judge show enough to secure another season?  

I'm more fucked up over the unsure state of what we have here than last week when I thought the entire team up to and including the owner should be taken out back and shot.   

And if they lay an egg next week? 

Perhaps being a GM or coach or player in this league isn’t easy after all… there are too many moving parts and luck has a play…

I’m not looking too far ahead… I’ve enjoyed the games so far (even the ones we lost somehow).   I wanted so bad to get that 1st W and boy did our guys deliver… my next focus is Dallas… maybe getting older has taught me to live in the moment… appreciate the little successes and failures.

10 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I'm gonna go ahead and wait till we're over .500 before I change my position. As of right now Gettleman still sucks and my guess is you'll all be agreeing with me in two weeks.

I still want him gone honestly. 

It wasn't until this season that he finally seemed to figure things out but that doesn't excuse his last three or the cap hell next year. 

But if the Giants rip off 10 wins and make a wildcard spot then he probably gets another year or two.

Might not happen since the Cowboys look like they got their shit together but after 10 years of awful season why cant a fan dream.