SportsWrath

The Official Getty's Gotta Go Thread.

Sephiroth

I like the alliteration. 

They say that it takes 3-4 years to determine how good a draft class was.  With that in mind, let's take a look at how Getty's first class went: 

Saquon Barkley - bad

Will Hernandez - bad

Lorenzo Carter - bad

...the other guys were so bad that they're not even on the team/in the league anymore. 

I was a fan of Getty, but the results speak for themselves.  No difference-makers, not even a competent player (unless you count Saquon's rookie season).  Time for him to go. 

40 minutes ago, Herc said:

He signed Jonathan Stewart, who had been washed up for two years, as soon as free agency started that year

To be fair though, he also landed us Kareem Martin, who if you remember correctly was a great replacement for JPP. 

The lie he sold to Mara that you can "rebuild and win" and ruined Eli's twilight years should be enough to get him run out of town.

Mara needs to get off this whole "Giants family" bullshit he keeps pushing everytime they hire. "They have connection or worked with the franchise in the past" is basically a way of saying "I don't know what to look for in coaches so I'll hire guys my dad did"

It's pathetic 

13 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

The lie he sold to Mara that you can "rebuild and win" and ruined Eli's twilight years should be enough to get him run out of town.

Mara needs to get off this whole "Giants family" bullshit he keeps pushing everytime they hire. "They have connection or worked with the franchise in the past" is basically a way of saying "I don't know what to look for in coaches so I'll hire guys my dad did"

It's pathetic 

I am surprised fans were just ok with letting Eli being benched like that. He was good enough to play the whole year and maybe another year. We drafted a qb to soon. 

20 minutes ago, mastershake said:

I just checked out salary cap for 2022....oyyy vey we are in cap hell. DG what have you done to this team?

Next guy is gonna have to come in and do a housecleaning with contracts same way DG did with the Olivier Vernons of the team. 

The good news is... with two top-10 picks, an extra third, and a slew of others, it will still be an attractive place to land. 

59 minutes ago, mastershake said:

I'm on board with firing him unless this team stages as dramatic turn around.

Yeah if the defense can do a 180 and Garret opens up the playbook some more and thus team rips off 9 or 10 wins, then great the building process is working.

But if this season is like last year then time to restart with some fresh eyes in the organization because we've been going no where for four years. 

8 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Gotta draft them hog mollies! 

And play POWAH football!

And let the COMPUTAH folks use paints and excells to make ANALTICS to make us BETTAH. 

We need NY/NJ Belicheck not Boston or Bastahn bullshit... :laugh:

5 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

It's pathetic 

This... if that is the case.... hire the guy who arguably won your first two super bowls... Belicheck.  Right now he would ride in like Napoleon (who I hate by the way) and have everything done his way for the next five years.  I hate his politics  but he is a great football coach bar none.  Or some other name and well established coach.  Enough of these assistants who worked for the great coaches and never led themselves.  

5 hours ago, jranieli said:

I am surprised fans were just ok with letting Eli being benched like that. He was good enough to play the whole year and maybe another year. We drafted a qb to soon. 

It is what we do here... look at what happened to Phil Simms and Hostetler.... sat down years  before they should have been.  Simms only recently got over his dumping by Young.  Just terrible.

• 2 weeks later...

Whelp, this loss seals it for me.

Getty and Garrett should both be fired on Monday. Let Kevin Abrams be the interim GM.

Give Freddie Kitchens and Patrick Graham till week 6 to get this turned around; if they can't, go full on fire sale.

This team sucks top to bottom.

1 hour ago, Herc said:

Home game and owner gets boo’d out of the building during a slam dunk feel good half time moment, then the team loses like that.  All good news if you want change 

Poor Eli can't catch a break. Unceremoniously benched, breaking his streak,  and fans booing ownership at his number retirement. I hate to say it, but sucks to be a Giant right now.