SportsWrath

Our first round pick.

BlueInCanada

1 minute ago, JayD said:

Yep, when I saw him screaming at Garret I just shook my head and rolled my eyes. This isn’t going to end well. 

I think the Giants are probably many years away from being a contender again. Oh well, I’ll be there for the ride no matter how shitty this gets. 

I'm hoping they turn this shit around... the drama on the sidelines is easily fixable... And whatever lead to it, maybe the coaches will take note... No matter how valid your point is, making a scene is never a good idea.    I'm always mindful that we should remain professional and courteous... the people causing the drama are the new-comers.    We were without them last year and we should have no problem dumping them.... and if the organization suffers because of it, then we should relegate them to the sidelines until the learn to respect their coaches, teammates, and more importantly us fans... They need to be reminded all they have going for them is some physical talent that usually starts to fade once a person crosses 30 years old... 

34 minutes ago, Nas said:

I'm hoping they turn this shit around... the drama on the sidelines is easily fixable... And whatever lead to it, maybe the coaches will take note... No matter how valid your point is, making a scene is never a good idea.    I'm always mindful that we should remain professional and courteous... the people causing the drama are the new-comers.    We were without them last year and we should have no problem dumping them.... and if the organization suffers because of it, then we should relegate them to the sidelines until the learn to respect their coaches, teammates, and more importantly us fans... They need to be reminded all they have going for them is some physical talent that usually starts to fade once a person crosses 30 years old... 

This line of thinking was relevant 20 or 30 years ago in the NFL but it really isn't the case anymore. 

Most of these guys see more money in a single game check than 90% of the population will ever see in their lifetimes.

These players are no longer faceless pawns to be plugged into a "system" or a "team", most teams that do this are destined for mediocrity in the NFL, just look at the Giants.

Players don't care about respect or fans or teams anymore, they care about wins and their next pay check, much like teams don't care about fans of players just their next win and how much merch they sell. 

The NFL is a business now and players are treating it like a business.

1 hour ago, Nas said:

Yea I thought you were speaking of Toney.   And getting heated on the sidelines is beyond unprofessional.    Much like we shouldn't yell at our co-workers (at least not in public) these guys shouldn't be doing it on national tv.

I just realized I posted that in the Toney thread, not the game day thread.

It's pro football, a little heated discussion is cool. 

What isn't cool is the old Beckham act, where the team would be down four scores, and he's laughing and joking on the sidelines like it's the best day of his life.

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

This line of thinking was relevant 20 or 30 years ago in the NFL but it really isn't the case anymore. 

Most of these guys see more money in a single game check than 90% of the population will ever see in their lifetimes.

These players are no longer faceless pawns to be plugged into a "system" or a "team", most teams that do this are destined for mediocrity in the NFL, just look at the Giants.

Players don't care about respect or fans or teams anymore, they care about wins and their next pay check, much like teams don't care about fans of players just their next win and how much merch they sell. 

The NFL is a business now and players are treating it like a business.

Will have to disagree with you here brother.... if your pay check is coming from a talent that can end suddenly or in 10 years, your ass better have plan B... and chances are a lot of these hotheads lack the discipline to be financially viable after their brief stint in the NFL is over... I always say it's not about the playbook, it's about the execution.... 

1 hour ago, Nas said:

Will have to disagree with you here brother.... if your pay check is coming from a talent that can end suddenly or in 10 years, your ass better have plan B... and chances are a lot of these hotheads lack the discipline to be financially viable after their brief stint in the NFL is over... I always say it's not about the playbook, it's about the execution.... 

I'm not talking about life after football, and I don't know what you're trying to say.

Players dont care about team, they care about wins and themselves, which leads to their next pay day.

There are players on the team who need to be loyal to a team because no one else will give them a job, I agree, but these guys are going to have little to no impact on the result of games, they will be role players at most.

You think a guy like Snee would of stayed with the Giants if they didnt make him the highest paid guard in the NFL?

17 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I'm not talking about life after football, and I don't know what you're trying to say.

Players dont care about team, they care about wins and themselves, which leads to their next pay day.

There are players on the team who need to be loyal to a team because no one else will give them a job, I agree, but these guys are going to have little to no impact on the result of games, they will be role players at most.

You think a guy like Snee would of stayed with the Giants if they didnt make him the highest paid guard in the NFL?

Look at the bolded part above... Those who don't care about team, should be relegated off the field ASAP.   No other sport demands more cohesive teamwork than football as far as I can tell... No coach or FO should entertain Divas.... and that means the next team shouldn't be offering Divas huge contracts either.... Bad behavior shouldn't be rewarded.   I don't care with Golloday was complaining about, he could have and should have went about it a different way....  Snee wasn't a Diva from what I remember... 

16 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

Without knowing what was said how do you know it was 'bad behavior'? 

All I saw was a guy that got fired up.

The tantrum was after the Giants O got off the field... it looked like he was yelling at DJ... And you can see DJ was disgusted.   I don't have to know what was said... I saw what the rest of those who were watching saw.    You don't embarrass your teammate... Just don't do it.  

1 hour ago, Nas said:

Look at the bolded part above... Those who don't care about team, should be relegated off the field ASAP.   No other sport demands more cohesive teamwork than football as far as I can tell... No coach or FO should entertain Divas.... and that means the next team shouldn't be offering Divas huge contracts either.... Bad behavior shouldn't be rewarded.   I don't care with Golloday was complaining about, he could have and should have went about it a different way....  Snee wasn't a Diva from what I remember... 

Yes and they get paid millions of dollars to be on the team and to be a team.

The team pays them regardless of their antics. 

Why? Because these guys win games.

You act as if Golladay was out there taking a shit directly on Garrets head.

The guys you pay to make plays should be given the chance to make plays or else why even have them on the team?

Snee wasn't a diva but you can bet that if some team came around and offered him more money he wasn't going to stay around with the Giants because of "the team". 

Look at the Bucs, they are a team full of divas and big personalities who regularly talk to the media, fuck they got that head case Brown on the team. They are probably headed to another SB apperance. 

Also wouldn't of it been nice to maybe see DJ be a leader and try to calm Golladay down? Or even say something back? Instead of sitting there like a bitch and taking it? 

Remember when Eli got into a yelling match with O'Hara was it? Something about blocking assignments.

That's what made Eli a leader he would hold people accountable. 

2 minutes ago, Joe Guyden said:

Plaxico was literally doing it to Eli on the field and I don’t remember this strong of a reaction.  

Plax openly criticized Eli to the media as well.

But from everything I've heard and read, him and Eli were BFFs in the locker room.

I think Eli even said Plax was the most intelligent guys he's ever played with.

But the media called Plax a "diva" and "cancer" blah blah blah.

Also I'm happy to see Golladay and Toney frustrated.

You see the Chiefs and Ravens last night?

They feed their play makers the ball, they scheme to get them open.

Hollywood Brown is a focus of the Ravens offense, not just another WR.

Golladay should be a focus of the offense, Toney should be, Barkley should be.

53 minutes ago, Nas said:

The tantrum was after the Giants O got off the field... it looked like he was yelling at DJ... And you can see DJ was disgusted.   I don't have to know what was said... I saw what the rest of those who were watching saw.    You don't embarrass your teammate... Just don't do it.  

lol, who was embarrassed? And was Jones disgusted with Golladay, or disgusted along with Golladay? Do you know? I don't - so I'm not going to assume. 

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

Also wouldn't of it been nice to maybe see DJ be a leader and try to calm Golladay down? Or even say something back? Instead of sitting there like a bitch and taking it? 

oh don't worry about that, Jones was definitely jawing with Golladay. 

36 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Also I'm happy to see Golladay and Toney frustrated.

You see the Chiefs and Ravens last night?

They feed their play makers the ball, they scheme to get them open.

Hollywood Brown is a focus of the Ravens offense, not just another WR.

Golladay should be a focus of the offense, Toney should be, Barkley should be.

that's how I feel too. 

4 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Yes and they get paid millions of dollars to be on the team and to be a team.

The team pays them regardless of their antics. 

Why? Because these guys win games.

You act as if Golladay was out there taking a shit directly on Garrets head.

The guys you pay to make plays should be given the chance to make plays or else why even have them on the team?

Snee wasn't a diva but you can bet that if some team came around and offered him more money he wasn't going to stay around with the Giants because of "the team". 

Look at the Bucs, they are a team full of divas and big personalities who regularly talk to the media, fuck they got that head case Brown on the team. They are probably headed to another SB apperance. 

You're arguing a point I never made.... It's fucking simple.   Stay professional.   Air your grievances in private in on National Television.   

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

Yeah Nas, but it's football. There wasn't anything going on there that doesn't happen most weeks to teams that find themselves losing games they feel they should win. I guarantee nobody on the team thought anything of it.

... assuming it was just the usual.

When that happens, everyone takes note and it's on ESPN time and again... I don't mind the frustration, I mind showing it on national TV.    Look I hope something good comes out of this... let's hope for our first W.  

4 hours ago, Nas said:

You're arguing a point I never made.... It's fucking simple.   Stay professional.   Air your grievances in private in on National Television.   

Your point; "Be professional to your team because football is a team sport"

My point; Football is a business and full of players with personality now, gone are the names of the faceless lunch bucket players people seem to think still exist. Players are going to show emotion and frustration, and it's seems to always be met with the old school idea of "shut up and be a team player" despite the fact that a team has no problem dropping someone like a hot potato lol 

I'm sorry the game has moved on past the idea that players should be faceless voids who have to do what their masters say.

16 hours ago, Nas said:

When that happens, everyone takes note and it's on ESPN time and again... I don't mind the frustration, I mind showing it on national TV.    Look I hope something good comes out of this... let's hope for our first W.  

the most unusual part is the cameras caught it. Most stuff that happens on the sidelines doesn't make the broadcast. 

Its an emotional game, it really isn't a big deal assuming they were just getting heated about getting the ball down the field. 

40 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

the most unusual part is the cameras caught it. Most stuff that happens on the sidelines doesn't make the broadcast. 

Its an emotional game, it really isn't a big deal assuming they were just getting heated about getting the ball down the field. 

Maybe I read too much into it...