SportsWrath

Daniel Jones

Sephiroth

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

Teddy Bridgewater is a better QB than Daniel Jones.

Jesus you said it... he works hard out there.  Parcells gave him the big talk up before the game.  I want a big name in NY like a Belichick or Parcells please.  Sick of this Mara put them in the seats garbage.

I was never a fan of the Daniel Jones pick, but I give credit/criticism where due.

I have seen enough.  He will never be more than slightly above average, at best.  He will never justify his draft selection. 

Not to say he will never win us a game because he does have some ability, but won't consistently do enough to be that franchise QB he should be.

16 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

I was never a fan of the Daniel Jones pick, but I give credit/criticism where due.

I have seen enough.  He will never be more than slightly above average, at best.  He will never justify his draft selection. 

Not to say he will never win us a game because he does have some ability, but won't consistently do enough to be that franchise QB he should be.

15 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

And what sucks is, the Giants are loyal almost to a fault...maybe they don't want to admit mistakes...so they'll stick with DJ for 2 more years.

If we don't end up at least .500 he's gone, and so is Gettleman.  

I hated the pick when it was made... looks like the "next Dave Brown" predictions were accurate.  Could you imagine if Seph had been the GM, and in that first round we had ended up with Josh Allen, AJ Brown, and Cody Ford? There would be no Dexter Lawrence but I think two out of three productive-to-good players in Brown and Ford would have been better than two shit players in Jones and DeAndre Baker. 

Like I said in another thread, this isn't rocket science, but these GMs outsmart themselves. 

Jones wasn't the only reason we lost yesterday but he deserves all the criticism he's getting here... I'm sick and tired of turnovers on this team.... It's been the source of my biggest stress with Eli and I'd hoped that would finally stop... for it to continue, it's twice as painful.   

Just now, mastershake said:

Not much...we relegated him to a backup role. Now he's excelling for the Bengals.

Another bullseye by DG and the coaching staff.

It seems to me that we shouldn't take a one game performance as a measuring stick... and to think our DL is one of our strongest units, I wouldn't harp on that trade especially if it went to try to shore up the OL. 

1 minute ago, Nas said:

It seems to me that we shouldn't take a one game performance as a measuring stick... and to think our DL is one of our strongest units, I wouldn't harp on that trade especially if it went to try to shore up the OL. 

I'm just pointing out how well he's doing so far. How'd our defense do yesterday?

How's Billy Price?

Why they didn't bring in a backup behind Jones like a guy like Mariota or Minshew or even Trubinski is confusing to me.  

I mean sure Glennon might be able to manage a game but why not bring in someone who you can turn too if Jones fails and see what they have maybe even get you a year or two of good QB play. 

Look at the Titans and Tannehill, they brought him in incase Mariota didn't take a step forward and now they have a QB for a few years in Tannehill. 

If let's say Jones continues to play like he did last year it's no good turning to Glennon because he isn't the QB for the next couple of years, it's the same situation as Eli being benches for Smith, Smith wasn't the answer. 

3 hours ago, Tempest said:

He had a solid game until the turnover.  Yeah there are still some bad habits that have yet to be corrected which he will either overcome or it could cost him future as an NFL starting QB.  

The time for excuses is over for Jones.  He's got maybe another 5 weeks to show he can cut it in this league.   He's been here for two years... most QBs that are going to be decent have learned to look off the safety by now and not miss guys by 5 yards... and how many fucking times does he have to turn the ball over before in the EXACT SAME WAY we admit he's not the guy? 

During that drive I said to my dad, "whelp, Denver just scored a TD.  This is usually the drive where Jones takes us downfield and gives the team hope, then either fumbles or throws a pick inside the 5."  Guess what happened? 

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

Why they didn't bring in a backup behind Jones like a guy like Mariota or Minshew or even Trubinski is confusing to me.  

I mean sure Glennon might be able to manage a game but why not bring in someone who you can turn too if Jones fails and see what they have maybe even get you a year or two of good QB play. 

Look at the Titans and Tannehill, they brought him in incase Mariota didn't take a step forward and now they have a QB for a few years in Tannehill. 

If let's say Jones continues to play like he did last year it's no good turning to Glennon because he isn't the QB for the next couple of years, it's the same situation as Eli being benches for Smith, Smith wasn't the answer. 

I have also never understood this.  "Well, a young QB needs to build confidence."  Yeah, a young QB also needs to prove he's the guy, and if he's not there needs to be a Plan B... the Giants never have a Plan B. 

And it's funny with Eli they drafted what? Four QBs?

Nassib, Webb, Lauletta and I think there was one more.

Eli the toughest fucking QB to play the game "let's draft some young guys to see if they develop but then we do bench Eli we won't let them start instead we'll start Geno Smith"

Jones a QB who's never finished a season healthy and is on his make of break year "let's bring in a 10 year vet and no other option at QB" 

lol