SportsWrath

NY Giants vs. Denver Broncos Week 1 Gameday Thread

BronxRik

1 minute ago, BlueInCanada said:

Mara has to be fuming.

Year four of an old man GM talking about "I'm a hog molly whisperer"

A franchise QB who helps the other team out more. 

And another blow out at home.

It things continue like this, it looks like both the DJ and Barkley picks just didn't work for us, and assuming we have a losing season, I just don't know how we can justify keeping Gettleman.

Just now, mastershake said:

It things continue like this, it looks like both the DJ and Barkley picks just didn't work for us, and assuming we have a losing season, I just don't know how we can justify keeping Gettleman.

It will be another rebuild.

You get rid of Gettleman, it's basically the end for Judge and Co and probably Jones.

No new GM is going to work with a losing HC or QB. 

You know I said this was going to be a big game for the Giants.

Simply because the Giants and Broncos in my eye were in the same boat this season.

Both teams looking to step up and becoming competitive. 

Apparently the Giants aren't even in the same league as the Broncos. 

Scary thought. 

Even if this was a loss atleast if it was close.

This is a blowout on all levels of play. 

The Oline didn't even play bad this game.

They have up a single sack to a good Dline, for most of the game.  

Jones had time this game.

Jones just looked fucking lost out there, like this was his first game. 

I can't even say that he looked better in his first game lol

2 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

The Oline didn't even play bad this game.

They have up a single sack to a good Dline, for most of the game.  

Jones had time this game.

Jones just looked fucking lost out there, like this was his first game. 

I can't even say that he looked better in his first game lol

With play like this, he flashes but continues to make too many mistakes and head scratching decisions to justify keeping him as a starting QB if this continues.

1 minute ago, BlueInCanada said:

They are going to play the year out obviously.

They still have to sell tickets. 

But if this trend of games continues then come the offseason shit is going to be blown up..... Hopefully. 

Right I'm thinking 2022. Honest question. If things don't work out this year, what other options are there besides blow it all up? Move on from this front office, coaching, DJ, and Saquon

2 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Right I'm thinking 2022. Honest question. If things don't work out this year, what other options are there besides blow it all up? Move on from this front office, coaching, DJ, and Saquon

Nothing really, unless you're a winning team already. 

That was the problem when they got rid of Coughlin.

Instead of starting fresh they decided to hold onto the old and keep a guy like McAdoo and JR. 

Then they tried it again with Shumur when Gettleman sold them the lie of "you can win and rebuild" 

If this team is worse than last year then it's going to be a rebuild from front office down to the roster again.

Maybe they keep Graham if the defense bounces back, but a new GM means a new HC and QB in my opinion atleast. 

3 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Can't you just find another team to cheer for?  Clearly the Giants have completely failed to live up to your standards since 1925 minus a few games.  Why wait until 2022 for that option?  :laugh:

So oddly nobody told the Giants I picked them to sweep the NFL.  Offensive line looks like it can block and the defense is having a problem getting off the field.  If the refs are going to call all contact on a QB, this is going to be a terrible season of football.

5 minutes ago, Tempest said:

Can't you just find another team to cheer for?  Clearly the Giants have completely failed to live up to your standards since 1925 minus a few games.  Why wait until 2022 for that option?  :laugh:

If you're happy with this franchise the last four years and think they shouldn't make changes if things continue like this, that's all that matters.

8 minutes ago, mastershake said:

If you're happy with this franchise the last four years and think they shouldn't make changes if things continue like this, that's all that matters.

Only thing that could make me happy about the franchise would be getting rid of the PSLs.  That would a great change. 

I'm way past if we replace this then the franchise will be better.