Jump to content
SportsWrath

Some optimism.


BlueInCanada
 Share

Recommended Posts

Barkley, Toney, Golladay and Rudolph have been out practicing the past couple of days.

Barkley is expected to start week one, along with Toney and potentially Golladay unless his hamstring flares up.

With all the doom and gloom of this section I feel like some below comments will include "Oline" and "Who cares"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont like Barkley starting week 1 unless he's on a major pitch count. We have a division game 3 days later. I'd rather let him loose there with a long week before we play again to make sure he's good. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

I'm surprised at just how down the football world is on the Giants.

I don't expect contention, but I think it's more likely they'll contend than Judge will be the first coach fired.

Professional overreacting. I honestly think if the OL can gel and become a semi competent unit this team wins 10 and the division. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dragon said:

I dont like Barkley starting week 1 unless he's on a major pitch count. We have a division game 3 days later. I'd rather let him loose there with a long week before we play again to make sure he's good. 

See I feel the opposite, if you have him on a limited carry type of thing then his body isnt getting used to being tired or getting hit.

I would expect though if he's ready to go the Giants have done everything they can to ensure he's ready.

Plus I assume he's going to be "limited" in the sense that he wont tote the rock 25+ times a game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

See I feel the opposite, if you have him on a limited carry type of thing then his body isnt getting used to being tired or getting hit.

I would expect though if he's ready to go the Giants have done everything they can to ensure he's ready.

Plus I assume he's going to be "limited" in the sense that he wont tote the rock 25+ times a game.

In a normal situation I'd say the same thing, but the Washington game is a Thursday night game and far more important than Denver. I'd rather he be ready for that than a non-conference game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Dragon said:

In a normal situation I'd say the same thing, but the Washington game is a Thursday night game and far more important than Denver. I'd rather he be ready for that than a non-conference game.

I agree. I think Denver is going to be his preseason, he'll get no more than ten touches, and maybe mostly on pass attempts too.

There are some reports that he isn't cutting confidently on the knee yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

I'm surprised at just how down the football world is on the Giants.

I don't expect contention, but I think it's more likely they'll contend than Judge will be the first coach fired.

They’re pounding the win total over at the books.  I went to the casino expecting to get it myself but -140 just isn’t worth it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will be all the optimism this board will need for the Giants this year as we run the board with 17 wins.  I realize that some of them are going to be close (Vegas Refs) yet the Giants will prevail. :giants:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Oline is one thing - DJ breaking out is a whole different thing altogether. I hope the gameplanning is better this year - esp with a speedster like Toney - DJ needs to get the ball out QUICK!.....the Defense doesnt need to blitz to make it looks like a blitz against this OL. Andrew Thomas worries me - worries me a lot. But if they gel atleast in the run game - then it will take some pressure off of DJ. I think Giants take the division - honestly I think we do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...