SportsWrath

I just wanted to say thank you to Billy Wagner and David Wright...

Plax 4 Prez

Phillies lost.

Losing the way we did tonight is why I'm so angry... the rest of the east are jokes right now, but to pay a guy millions of dolloars to choke is un-fucking-believable... I have a sick feeling in my stomach after watching that game

Wright did nothing wrong, he had to let that ball roll and in the 9th had Bowling ball head Randoplh run Beltran at 1-1(like he should have)when the ball was in the dirt they could have stayed out of the DP(as it was the pitch was in the dirt). So what had they walked Wright at that point, afraid of the tying run in scoring position, they would have been walking the go ahead run. It amazes me how this team wins in spite of this gutless closer and bonehead manager!

Wright did nothing wrong, he had to let that ball roll and in the 9th had Bowling ball head Randoplh run Beltran at 1-1(like he should have)when the ball was in the dirt they could have stayed out of the DP(as it was the pitch was in the dirt). So what had they walked Wright at that point, afraid of the tying run in scoring position, they would have been walking the go ahead run. It amazes me how this team wins in spite of this gutless closer and bonehead manager!

I agree, Roman numeral guy. Beltran should have attempted to swipe 2nd. I would be able to accept him getting thrown out with 0 or 1 out more than ending the game on a DP. David Wright did the right thing.

:LMAO::LMAO: I told everyone before the series started that if the game depends on our (Reds) bullpen we would lose......As proven in game two but for Wagner to blow it........... :confused: Phillips is a tough player.......No reason to be embarassed.......

Yeah, yeah, yeah...

shut-the-fuck-up.jpg

Dude... for the most part I like and agree with your posts, but I will never understand your view on Willie. I hear people call up WFAN and ask for Willie's head and to bring in Lou Pinniela's 100 year old ass. Makes absolutely no sense. Willie has given this team a swagger, which radiates from the young players. He keeps the team even keel. We haven't had any long losing streaks, because the team doesn't let 1 loss bother them. In 2 years Willie has taken a horrible team to being 11 games up in their division. Whats the beef here? So you aren't huge on his use of pitchers. Fine. But our bullpen has been one of our strengths all year. How does this translate into Willie not knowing what he is doing? :confused:

Dude... for the most part I like and agree with your posts, but I will never understand your view on Willie. I hear people call up WFAN and ask for Willie's head and to bring in Lou Pinniela's 100 year old ass. Makes absolutely no sense. Willie has given this team a swagger, which radiates from the young players. He keeps the team even keel. We haven't had any long losing streaks, because the team doesn't let 1 loss bother them. In 2 years Willie has taken a horrible team to being 11 games up in their division. Whats the beef here? So you aren't huge on his use of pitchers. Fine. But our bullpen has been one of our strengths all year. How does this translate into Willie not knowing what he is doing? :confused:

Willies handling of young players and use of his bench have been a strength, I cannot argue that. I have to question why he at times does not trust Bradford or Feliciano in a big spot? You saw last night with Sanchez there was no reason to bring him in at 6-1. Why overuse him? The same reasons you cite the 11 game lead is why these pitchers should not be used AS MUCH.

I for one have no reason to want Pinella as our manager, I do not even want Willie to go, what I want is for he and his coaches to use the pen better.

Willies handling of young players and use of his bench have been a strength, I cannot argue that. I have to question why he at times does not trust Bradford or Feliciano in a big spot? You saw last night with Sanchez there was no reason to bring him in at 6-1. Why overuse him? The same reasons you cite the 11 game lead is why these pitchers should not be used AS MUCH.

I for one have no reason to want Pinella as our manager, I do not even want Willie to go, what I want is for he and his coaches to use the pen better.

Fair enough. We do have to give Willie and Rick P. the benefit of the doubt in reguard to how much our pitchers need to be used. Some guys just need more work to keep them on track, other guys don't mind the rest. Look at Trachsel, if he gets an extra days rest, he is horrible. Mussina on the Yankees is well know for not being able to change his scheduled starts. I don't think its a matter of not trusting those guys, he does tend to bring them in when there are guys in scoring position, I just think they don't need as much work.