SportsWrath

New Covid rule

Mr. P

I don't understand the whole "my vax status is private" thing. Everyone knows you got vaccinated for Rubella, Small Pox, etc. when you were a baby. Everybody denies or confirms whether they got a flu shot. Either you got the covid vax or you didn't. The only reason to deny you got the covid vax is that you know full well you should be getting it but don't and you are ashamed. 

Just this month, 13 NFL staffers and four players, including one of each this weekend, have tested positive for COVID despite being vaccinated, per sources. NFL and NFLPA have been in discussions to increase testing cadence for vaccinated staff and players as an extra precaution.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1419673635493666821?s=21

Lol you people who think another losing season (5 years in a row) would be okay...so as long as they show "progress" sound like perennial loser franchises settling for "moral victories." Sounds like the Jets and Jaguars to be honest.

Cleveland and Buffalo for instance on the other hand are doing it the right way since 2018, and Arizona looks to be close behind having revamped in 2019.

Our franchise has become a joke.

2 hours ago, mastershake said:

Lol you people who think another losing season (5 years in a row) would be okay...so as long as they show "progress" sound like perennial loser franchises settling for "moral victories." Sounds like the Jets and Jaguars to be honest.

Cleveland and Buffalo for instance on the other hand are doing it the right way since 2018, and Arizona looks to be close behind having revamped in 2019.

Our franchise has become a joke.

"I don't want people have to any sort of fun" is what in getting out of this post lol 

But oh well, guess people just like being angry and mad about their hobbies all the time. 

And what do you mean "you people"?

image.png.305764d2113b9304bd081da2710b0333.png

9 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

"I don't want people have to any sort of fun" is what in getting out of this post lol 

But oh well, guess people just like being angry and mad about their hobbies all the time. 

And what do you mean "you people"?

image.png.305764d2113b9304bd081da2710b0333.png

Ehh...I just think a losing season, 5 years in a row, would be frustrating. especially Considering the OL, which was bad 5 years ago, is likely to be bad this year as well.

This OL is a giant house of cards....and Matt Peart is already hurt meaning Nate Solder (lol) is our starting RT right now.

The Giants only OL moves this off-season were to retain Nate Solder, sign the Jets practice squad Center, cut Zeitler their best OL (who then signs with the Ravens for only $4M in cap and is slated to be their starting RG), and to draft no one. The jokes write themselves. The fact that we ditched Zeitler but kept Solder is perhaps the biggest joke which should resonate throughout the season.

Just now, mastershake said:

Why is the OL going to be better?

Because we really really want it to????

Because shit happens like that all the time in the nfl.  

because I believe it is possible that players improve. 

because this section needs a little positivity.  

36 minutes ago, Joe Guyden said:

Didn’t we save more by keeping Solder than cutting him?

I predict a big jump from the o-line.  They will be mostly solid this season. 

Yeah unfortunately it would’ve cost more to cut him.  

17 minutes ago, Joe Guyden said:

Because shit happens like that all the time in the nfl.  

because I believe it is possible that players improve. 

because this section needs a little positivity.  

Well if it's possible that players improve, then it must be so that it will definitely happen across this OL...where Nate Solder and Will Hernandez are the current starters..

7 minutes ago, Herc said:

Yeah unfortunately it would’ve cost more to cut him.  

No they could have cut him and saved nearly $7M...

And then Zeitler signed for only a $4M cap hit.

Also even of you want to for some reason keep Solder, we couldn't scrounge up $4M to retain Zeitler????

See the Ravens on the other hand are a competent franchise. They already had Ronnie Stanley, they then bring in Alejandro Villanueva at RT, Zeitler at RG, draft two guards in the mid rounds...to beef up their OL. Mind you on an offense that was already pretty good.

I don’t remember the details but his dead cap was higher than his cap number still if he was cut before 6/1.  After 6/1 would’ve been a small savings and dead cap carryover to next year 

Just now, Herc said:

I don’t remember the details but his dead cap was higher than his cap number still if he was cut before 6/1.  After 6/1 would’ve been a small savings and dead cap carryover to next year 

14 minutes ago, Joe Guyden said:

If the giants cut Solder we would have had a 10.5 mil cap hit.  

restructuring and keeping now has him on the team with a 4 mil cap hit. 

If you’re talking Solder I posted it. 

19 minutes ago, Joe Guyden said:

And your thinking is we could “scrounge up $4m to retain Zeitler” who had a 14.5 mil cap hit and was cut to open up 12 mil in cap space and signed a 3 year 22mil contract?

The Ravens signed him for $4M....but we couldn't...because reasons.

3 minutes ago, mastershake said:

We would save nearly $7M though....soo...

I screwed up some numbers,  but we saved over 7 mil anyway.   

4 minutes ago, mastershake said:

The Ravens signed him for $4M....but we couldn't...because reasons.

the ravens signed him for years $22 mil.   I like to believe that you know he wasn’t going to sign here for 1 year 4 million after we just cut him(and had a 3 year 22mil contract offer). 

plus with his dead cap hit it would be 1 year 6.5 mil.  

19 minutes ago, mastershake said:

I would have absolutely taken that Zeitler contract and cut Solder.

So you really think we could have just cut Zeitler and then immediately re sign him to that contract?  The same one that a much better team that didn’t just cut him offered?

id like to believe you know that’s something that simply wasn’t going to happen.  Unless you’re on board with forcing players to sign here. 

3 minutes ago, Joe Guyden said:

So you really think we could have just cut Zeitler and then immediately re sign him to that contract?  The same one that a much better team that didn’t just cut him offered?

id like to believe you know that’s something that simply wasn’t going to happen.  Unless you’re on board with forcing players to sign here. 

Has a player in the history of the NFL ever been cut then resigned with the same team? 

I'd like to know. 

33 minutes ago, mastershake said:

I would have absolutely taken that Zeitler contract and cut Solder.

Didn't the Solder restructure save us 6 million this year? His base salary is only 4 million this season. 

If we cut him it would of cost us more before the resturure soemthing like 13 million in dead cap.

Solder sitting out pushed his entire 2020 contract to this year, cutting him would of been stupid, and the restructure was the best thing for both sides.