SportsWrath

Jon Tisch: We 'don't know' if Saquon Barkley will be ready for Week 1

mastershake

It's a smoke screen. Let other teams think we have a problem and let them prep for backups, then roll out Barkley on opening day. And if not, so be it, he'll play when he's ready. In the meantime, we've got Kenny. 

Tisch needs to shut his fucking gob, that stupid wanker. 

In all seriousness an article this week about him maybe not being ready week 1.

An article two weeks ago about him being way ahead a schedule.

It's all offseason nonsense.

We wont know till week 1 if he's ready or not.

6 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

Isn't that the wrong Tisch? I thought Steve Tisch is the one involved with the team.

Jon Tisch is the treasurer for the NY Giants and if anyone knows who is starting in September for the NY Giants, it is the Treasurer.  :ThinkingScratchHead2-small:  :laugh:

19 hours ago, BronxRik said:

I'm going to make a bold prediction: Aaron Rodgers will not win another SB, nor will he be the next Alex Trebek.

He'll always be the next Brett Farve, even in retirement will follow the same path.

On 5/19/2021 at 3:06 PM, Tempest said:

Jon Tisch is the treasurer for the NY Giants and if anyone knows who is starting in September for the NY Giants, it is the Treasurer.  :ThinkingScratchHead2-small:  :laugh:

He should just focus in his awful music and stfu.

maxresdefault.jpg

If I'm understanding that article correctly, they aren't saying that he will still healing, just that they're going to work him back in slowly. Which is pretty sensible.

I've thought that might be a good way to handle RBs anyway. Go more by committee early in the season, then later in the year shift the touches to your lead back. 

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

This season has all the makings of Barkley sitting through week 4, us going 1-3 through week 4, and overall us going like 7-10 or 8-9, but ownership and the GM stupidly calling it a good season because "we played well when we had Saquon."

I mean three more wins than last season.

Isnt that an improvement?

This year is more of a year to see what Jones is about.

Or is it playoffs or bust for you? 

Also hasn't it already been confirmed Barkley is back week one? He doesn't really need a training camp dude looks like he's putting in work anyways. 

3 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I mean three more wins than last season.

Isnt that an improvement?

This year is more of a year to see what Jones is about.

Or is it playoffs or bust for you? 

Also hasn't it already been confirmed Barkley is back week one? He doesn't really need a training camp dude looks like he's putting in work anyways. 

Only 1 or 2 more wins. (I'm saying 7 and 10 and 8 and 9 respectively in a 17 game season).

It's winning season or bust for me. If you're a GM and can't produce a winning team in four years, you're fired.

1 minute ago, mastershake said:

Only 1 or 2 more wins. (I'm saying 7 and 10 and 8 and 9 respectively in a 17 game season).

It's winning season or bust for me. If you're a GM and can't produce a winning team in four years, you're fired.

Ah ok 

This year is all about Jones for me.

He takes a step forward then great we will probably be a contending team for years to come.

He regresses? Well welcome to another rebuild.

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

This season has all the makings of Barkley sitting through week 4, us going 1-3 through week 4, and overall us going like 7-10 or 8-9, but ownership and the GM stupidly calling it a good season because "we played well when we had Saquon."

If that happens just like that, I'm going to put a deposit on a game day sky writer.