SportsWrath

Draft day thoughts

Tempest

Apparently the Ealges were targeting Robsinson (BPA) and when they traded back thinking he would keep falling, the Giants traded up to get him.

After the Giants trade you can see in this video the Eagles all shitty and saying "He/they were on our board" referencing that Robinson and McNeil were picked.

lol fuck the Eagles.

So my knowledge of current draft prospects is practically exhausted. I am aware of a few intriguing RBs, there are several receivers remaining who have high grades, and a few mediocre college tackles who project to maybe decent G in the NFL. I figure we'll see picks from those clusters. 

In case we needed an example of what Shakes wanted this offseason:

Chiefs offensive line: The last time we saw the Chiefs, their offensive line was battered by injuries and Patrick Mahomes was running for his life in a Super Bowl loss.

The Chiefs have addressed that problem.

Kansas City has attacked the line all offseason. They signed former Patriots guard Joe Thuney. They traded for Ravens tackle Orlando Brown Jr. Then on Friday they got a nice value pick with Oklahoma center Creed Humphrey late in the second round. They also added Austin Blythe, Kyle Long and should get Laurent Duvernay-Tardif back from his opt-out.

Mahomes shouldn't have to worry about protection this season.

I was surprised by the corner in round 3 but I like the player a lot.  

I read in one of the things about him that he “hates whoever he is covering every week and plays like it”. 

All three picks so far I think will be good players, but we keep insisting for the last seven years that we should enter the season with a mediocre OL, then we're astonished when the offense in general ends up being sub par.

I suppose Trey Smith and Deonte Brown are still out there. G Jared Hocker, Texas A&M (aka David Deihl 2.0) and Chandon Herring, BYU are my darkhorse OL for the 4th round. Both helped produce two of the best college lines last year to support Kellen Mond and Zach Wilson respectively.

1 hour ago, gmenroc said:

In case we needed an example of what Shakes wanted this offseason:

Chiefs offensive line: The last time we saw the Chiefs, their offensive line was battered by injuries and Patrick Mahomes was running for his life in a Super Bowl loss.

The Chiefs have addressed that problem.

Kansas City has attacked the line all offseason. They signed former Patriots guard Joe Thuney. They traded for Ravens tackle Orlando Brown Jr. Then on Friday they got a nice value pick with Oklahoma center Creed Humphrey late in the second round. They also added Austin Blythe, Kyle Long and should get Laurent Duvernay-Tardif back from his opt-out.

Mahomes shouldn't have to worry about protection this season.

They were also in the SB.

Teams in the SB can say "Fuck it go get these guys" Because well you know, they are good.

The Giants are still building, which hopefully shows signs of progress this year.

12 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

We traded our fifth to get another corner when we already have six million fucking DBs?

The look on the Eagle's officials said it all... they were flabbergasted the Giants leaped them and got that DB. 

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Apparently the Ealges were targeting Robsinson (BPA) and when they traded back thinking he would keep falling, the Giants traded up to get him.

After the Giants trade you can see in this video the Eagles all shitty and saying "He/they were on our board" referencing that Robinson and McNeil were picked.

lol fuck the Eagles.

Man I would hate working with that Roseman douchebag. Ooh, fistbumps all around! 

Before Shakes takes a jump off the nearest cliff. There are still some decent OL left for us to pick today  ( list below )

Im hoping for Trey Smith or Deonte Brown personally

Deonte Brown
Trey Smith
Trey Hill
David Moore
Sadarius Hutcherson
Drew Dalman
Tommy Kraemer
Bryce Hargrove
Robert Jones
Stone Forsythe
Josh Ball
Dan Moore
James Hudson
D'Ante Smith
Brendan Jaimes
Royce Newman
Alaric Jackson
Cole Van Lanen

12 minutes ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

Before Shakes takes a jump off the nearest cliff. There are still some decent OL left for us to pick today  ( list below )

Im hoping for Trey Smith or Deonte Brown personally

Deonte Brown
Trey Smith
Trey Hill
David Moore
Sadarius Hutcherson
Drew Dalman
Tommy Kraemer
Bryce Hargrove
Robert Jones
Stone Forsythe
Josh Ball
Dan Moore
James Hudson
D'Ante Smith
Brendan Jaimes
Royce Newman
Alaric Jackson
Cole Van Lanen

I like Jared Hocker and Chandon Herring.

5 minutes ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

if we go RB here BIC ....... Shakes might just jump !!

At this point, 4th round or later, I don't care if we draft OL or not. The likelihood of landing a starter is low at this point. I'll take a RB if it's a good one.

Imagine coming out in 3rd and long and the Giants defense trots out the front 7 of:

Williams/Odenigbo/Lawrence/Smith 

Ojulari/Martinez/Ximines(or Carter) 

Plus you have McKinney in the slot who can blitz. 

lol fuck me if these guys pan out we have the old 2007 defense back.