SportsWrath

Jamin Davis, LB

Sephiroth

I keep seeing this guy get mocked to us in the second or third and I just don't get it. Apparently he had a great pro day but... what am I missing here? Looks hesitant and indecisive, he comes in unblocked on all of his sacks, his picks are either tipped or thrown directly to him, and he doesn't deliver a stick once he gets to the ball carrier.

The college game is evolving and with that it's harder to find players at certain positions.

You hear it now from pundits and draft guys that Oline is one of the worst to try to evaluate with how fast the college game is.

It's all one read snap throws, no long developing plays where the Oline has to block for extended periods of time.

LBs are the next worst they are all either two down thumpers or tweener safety/LB hybrids who only play the slot or rush the passer.

7 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

The college game is evolving and with that it's harder to find players at certain positions.

You hear it now from pundits and draft guys that Oline is one of the worst to try to evaluate with how fast the college game is.

It's all one read snap throws, no long developing plays where the Oline has to block for extended periods of time.

LBs are the next worst they are all either two down thumpers or tweener safety/LB hybrids who only play the slot or rush the passer.

Lots more sub-packages on defense makes it difficult to say "Hey this guy is a traditional WILL or SAM."

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

I'd have been ok with him in the second round. Crazy workout numbers. But he never looked like anything special on the field.

Isn't that what Reese was famous for targeting?   That's how we landed Engram. 

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

I'm just gonna go ahead and leave this here...

This is what I mean when I say GMs outsmart themselves.  

It's funny every mock draft I've seen had him going in the third or fourth.

Then the Commanding football team takes him in the first.

It's why Mayock is out of a job, taking a DE mocked in the third inside the top 5 lol 

• 5 months later...