Jump to content
SportsWrath

Rashawn Slater


NeMesiS
 Share

Recommended Posts

I've been warming up on him a lot too, especially if the "big-4" of receivers is gone.  He's not a mauler but his footwork and technique are amazing.  Incredibly smart too.  Looks like a Judge guy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been saying he's a dark horse draft pick.

He could play tackle or guard day one.

Honestly unless the Giants take a QB or RB or secondary, at #11 I won't be disappointed with the pick.

OL: Slater maybe Sewell if he's there. Keep getting younger and more talent at the Oline. 

WR: Any of the big three would make the WR group soemthing the NFL would fear. 

TE/WR: Pitts, see above.

DL: Rosseau is the top edge guy in the draft pairing him with Williams would absolutely cause some havoc to teams Olines and would finally give us a Dline we remember the Giants once had.  Supposedly Paye has made a case with his pro day being the too edge rusher as well so the Giants have a choice of the two.

LB: Parsons is a freak athlete and far and away the top of his class, finally getting a real thumping LB on this team next to Martinez sures up a weak LB core.

Honestly with the FA moves DG has made and guys stepping up last year the Giants can get a hell of a player anywhere they go at #11.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

I've been warming up on him a lot too, especially if the "big-4" of receivers is gone.  He's not a mauler but his footwork and technique are amazing.  Incredibly smart too.  Looks like a Judge guy. 

I love that we have a coach where phrases like “a Judge guy” really means something. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, JayD said:

I love that we have a coach where phrases like “a Judge guy” really means something. 

For real. 

It's a really good sign that: 1. You have several veterans actively recruiting their buddies to be on the team, and 2. once those guys are on the team, they're all saying that they decided to come to NY after speaking with Judge, even though he's a no-nonsense kind of guy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we plan to move him to G, are there any drawbacks given that he's not a "Mauler?" 

It might just mean he's better as a moving/zone type of G. I'm sure he'll be fine...Just don't pull the Will Hernandez patented "spin around in a circle and barely touch the defender" play 2-3x per game.

And/or perhaps he can grow more strength with a year or two of NFL conditioning/weight training.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, mastershake said:

If we plan to move him to G, are there any drawbacks given that he's not a "Mauler?" 

It might just mean he's better as a moving/zone type of G. I'm sure he'll be fine...Just don't pull the Will Hernandez patented "spin around in a circle and barely touch the defender" play 2-3x per game.

And/or perhaps he can grow more strength with a year or two of NFL conditioning/weight training.

Honestly... and I know this sounds like a dumb idea... but I think his best fit is at center. Move Gates back to RG where he actually is a mauler, and let a smart as fuck, athletic guy like Slater call the protections and work to the second level.

Would suck to move Gates again but I think Slater is a really good tackle or guard, but an All-Pro center.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Honestly... and I know this sounds like a dumb idea... but I think his best fit is at center. Move Gates back to RG where he actually is a mauler, and let a smart as fuck, athletic guy like Slater call the protections and work to the second level.

Would suck to move Gates again but I think Slater is a really good tackle or guard, but an All-Pro center.

I was actually thinking the same thing. But I want a beast at the guard position. someone that's going to push people around. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...