Jump to content
SportsWrath

Super early mock draft that will change 25 times before the draft thread


Recommended Posts

As the title says.

First four rounds because after that it's a crap shoot.

Before the school workouts since we ain't having a combine this year.

Round 1) Jaylen Waddle, 'Bama WR. 

Eventhough Smith might be sitting there the Giants skip him for his counterpart on the other side of the field.

Garrett loves the big play making WRs and Waddle fits the mold.

Injury concern is there but face it the Giants will never have a WR finish a healthy career.

Round 2) Samuel Cosmi OL/OT, Texas. 

Big bull dozing tackle that can start day one at RT. Would allow the Giants to try Peart out along the line at different spots. 

Round 3) Quincey Roche DE/LB, Miami.

Solid OLB/DE pass rusher and run stopper. Needs to add some pounds to his frame but Graham will find a way to utilize the kids speed.

Round 4) Javonte Williams RB, Carolina.

Big power back with quickness and receiving ability. Good goa lline runner.

The rest of the draft; another guard and CB prospects.

Link to post
Share on other sites

From a positional need/value standpoint, I like it. Not love it. 

WR is so deep this year, I'm tempted to cluster draft WR late, and focus on other positions of need early.

fI it is a WR in the early first, I feel like that needs to be a complete, full sized WR, not some little roll of the dice jitterbug guy.

of course, looking at it like that is kind of a stupid way to build a team, but given I know jack about these guys other than Waddle is tiny, it's all I've got.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2021 at 4:36 PM, CrazedDogs said:

From a positional need/value standpoint, I like it. Not love it. 

WR is so deep this year, I'm tempted to cluster draft WR late, and focus on other positions of need early.

fI it is a WR in the early first, I feel like that needs to be a complete, full sized WR, not some little roll of the dice jitterbug guy.

of course, looking at it like that is kind of a stupid way to build a team, but given I know jack about these guys other than Waddle is tiny, it's all I've got.

Dude, Waddle is an amazing player. He's a "turn an eight yard slant into a 60 yard TD" kind of player... Tyreek Hill without the baggage.

He's also good for 2-3 special teams TDs per year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2021 at 10:01 AM, Sephiroth said:

Dude, Waddle is an amazing player. He's a "turn an eight yard slant into a 60 yard TD" kind of player... Tyreek Hill without the baggage.

He's also good for 2-3 special teams TDs per year.

Well dude, in that case I will get on that film....

Okay. Okay. I have to admit, I'm a little confused at what I'm seeing with Waddle. He appears to run so slow... as he's running away from people. I see nothing in the way of evasiveness, he looks nothing like Tyreek Hill in the way he plays... because he doesn't need to? I see how he's breaking in the top ten of so many mock drafts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

Well dude, in that case I will get on that film....

Okay. Okay. I have to admit, I'm a little confused at what I'm seeing with Waddle. He appears to run so slow... as he's running away from people. I see nothing in the way of evasiveness, he looks nothing like Tyreek Hill in the way he plays... because he doesn't need to? I see how he's breaking in the top ten of so many mock drafts.

Everyone thinks Tyreek Hill is some Saquon/Sanders type player, but when you watch him... he's not... he's just small.  Hill's game is he's at max speed after his first step, he runs crisp routes, and he's extremely fast... he's not a jitterbug like Dave Meggett used to be.  Waddle has the exact same game as Hill (assuming he's fully recovered from the ankle injury, which does worry me a bit). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...