SportsWrath

Super early mock draft that will change 25 times before the draft thread

BlueInCanada

As the title says.

First four rounds because after that it's a crap shoot.

Before the school workouts since we ain't having a combine this year.

Round 1) Jaylen Waddle, 'Bama WR. 

Eventhough Smith might be sitting there the Giants skip him for his counterpart on the other side of the field.

Garrett loves the big play making WRs and Waddle fits the mold.

Injury concern is there but face it the Giants will never have a WR finish a healthy career.

Round 2) Samuel Cosmi OL/OT, Texas. 

Big bull dozing tackle that can start day one at RT. Would allow the Giants to try Peart out along the line at different spots. 

Round 3) Quincey Roche DE/LB, Miami.

Solid OLB/DE pass rusher and run stopper. Needs to add some pounds to his frame but Graham will find a way to utilize the kids speed.

Round 4) Javonte Williams RB, Carolina.

Big power back with quickness and receiving ability. Good goa lline runner.

The rest of the draft; another guard and CB prospects.

From a positional need/value standpoint, I like it. Not love it. 

WR is so deep this year, I'm tempted to cluster draft WR late, and focus on other positions of need early.

fI it is a WR in the early first, I feel like that needs to be a complete, full sized WR, not some little roll of the dice jitterbug guy.

of course, looking at it like that is kind of a stupid way to build a team, but given I know jack about these guys other than Waddle is tiny, it's all I've got.

On 2/12/2021 at 4:36 PM, CrazedDogs said:

From a positional need/value standpoint, I like it. Not love it. 

WR is so deep this year, I'm tempted to cluster draft WR late, and focus on other positions of need early.

fI it is a WR in the early first, I feel like that needs to be a complete, full sized WR, not some little roll of the dice jitterbug guy.

of course, looking at it like that is kind of a stupid way to build a team, but given I know jack about these guys other than Waddle is tiny, it's all I've got.

Dude, Waddle is an amazing player. He's a "turn an eight yard slant into a 60 yard TD" kind of player... Tyreek Hill without the baggage.

He's also good for 2-3 special teams TDs per year.

On 2/14/2021 at 10:01 AM, Sephiroth said:

Dude, Waddle is an amazing player. He's a "turn an eight yard slant into a 60 yard TD" kind of player... Tyreek Hill without the baggage.

He's also good for 2-3 special teams TDs per year.

Well dude, in that case I will get on that film....

Okay. Okay. I have to admit, I'm a little confused at what I'm seeing with Waddle. He appears to run so slow... as he's running away from people. I see nothing in the way of evasiveness, he looks nothing like Tyreek Hill in the way he plays... because he doesn't need to? I see how he's breaking in the top ten of so many mock drafts.

51 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

Well dude, in that case I will get on that film....

Okay. Okay. I have to admit, I'm a little confused at what I'm seeing with Waddle. He appears to run so slow... as he's running away from people. I see nothing in the way of evasiveness, he looks nothing like Tyreek Hill in the way he plays... because he doesn't need to? I see how he's breaking in the top ten of so many mock drafts.

Everyone thinks Tyreek Hill is some Saquon/Sanders type player, but when you watch him... he's not... he's just small.  Hill's game is he's at max speed after his first step, he runs crisp routes, and he's extremely fast... he's not a jitterbug like Dave Meggett used to be.  Waddle has the exact same game as Hill (assuming he's fully recovered from the ankle injury, which does worry me a bit). 

• 8 months later...
15 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Should of drafted Roche over that DB lol 

Rodarius WIlliams?  He's a great example of why this coaching staff and GM need to go. 

Dude was starting over Darnay Holmes and getting burned six times a game. 

Plus we got rid of Markus Golden.  Plus we let Dalvin Tomlinson go.  Plus we refuse to play Kadarius Toney.  Plus we never send Golladay on deep routes.  

This staff can neither evaluate talent, nor do they put players in a position to succeed. 

6 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

We got Roche for free though.  Why would you want to retroactively give up a draft pick for him.  

The only reason we did was because he went to Blitzburg where their entire Dline is stacked.

Hindsight is 20/20.

I would of gladly used a late round pick to ensure Roche ended up here.

5 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

The only reason we did was because he went to Blitzburg where their entire Dline is stacked.

Hindsight is 20/20.

I would of gladly used a late round pick to ensure Roche ended up here.

but he did end up here.   Use the pick on someone good who we didn’t get off waivers. 

20 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

but he did end up here.   Use the pick on someone good who we didn’t get off waivers. 

But once again hindsight is 20/20 lol 

I'm saying at the time of the draft I would of used a pick on him. 

It's not like we magically knew he would of been cut and ended up here. 

Just now, BlueInCanada said:

But once again hindsight is 20/20 lol 

I'm saying at the time of the draft I would of used a pick on him. 

It's not like we magically knew he would of been cut and ended up here. 

i thought this was an operation of using hindsight. Misunderstood.