SportsWrath

Did a PFF Mock Draft

Sephiroth

I don't feel great about the O-line either.  I'm hoping that moving Solder to RT, signing a FA that's adequate-to-good, and drafting someone will shore that group up for this season, but I've been saying this for all of DG's last three seasons... I guess we'll see. 

2 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Ended up with 

Ja'Marr Chase (WR)

Pat Friermuth (TE)

Najee Harris (RB)

Jay Tufele (DT)

Tamorrion Terry (WR)

Cole Van Lanen (T)

If we actually got these guys I'd shit my pants. 

I don't see how JaMarr Chase would fit in this offense... If we ran a west coast offense. maybe. But I think we should invest in a OL or pass rusher. especially since Williams seems to be gone. 

19 hours ago, NeMesiS said:

I don't see how JaMarr Chase would fit in this offense... If we ran a west coast offense. maybe. But I think we should invest in a OL or pass rusher. especially since Williams seems to be gone. 

Hard to tell because our O-line was so terrible for most of the year and so were the WRs.  Chase seems a lot like Dez Bryant though, and Garrett got a lot of good years out of that guy.  He's got decent size and his speed is above-average but maybe not elite.  He's a "do everything good, but maybe not anything great" kind of guy 'a-la Hakeem Nicks (who he also reminds me of a bit).  Finds a way to get open and catches the ball once he is. 

On 2/8/2021 at 10:18 AM, Sephiroth said:

Ended up with 

Ja'Marr Chase (WR)

Pat Friermuth (TE)

Najee Harris (RB)

Jay Tufele (DT)

Tamorrion Terry (WR)

Cole Van Lanen (T)

If we actually got these guys I'd shit my pants. 

On 2/8/2021 at 11:44 AM, mastershake said:

It would be great to see them underproduce with our garbage OL.

Exactly.  Where's my OL help?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2021 at 8:01 AM, Sephiroth said:

Hard to tell because our O-line was so terrible for most of the year and so were the WRs.  Chase seems a lot like Dez Bryant though, and Garrett got a lot of good years out of that guy.  He's got decent size and his speed is above-average but maybe not elite.  He's a "do everything good, but maybe not anything great" kind of guy 'a-la Hakeem Nicks (who he also reminds me of a bit).  Finds a way to get open and catches the ball once he is. 

I don't know. The OL was awful last year. The running game improved a lot. But the passing game was awful. We also need a passrusher. 

On 2/9/2021 at 8:01 AM, Sephiroth said:

You think Cincinnati passes on Chase?

2 hours ago, NeMesiS said:

You think Cincinnati passes on Chase?

Honestly I'd be stunned if they don't take Sewell. Their #1 overall pick missed the second half of the season last year because of the bad o-line play and they've already got Tyler Boyd and Tee Higgins... not household names, but those guys are both above average players. What're you thinking they do?

4 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Honestly I'd be stunned if they don't take Sewell. Their #1 overall pick missed the second half of the season last year because of the bad o-line play and they've already got Tyler Boyd and Tee Higgins... not household names, but those guys are both above average players. What're you thinking they do?

I don’t think Sewell gets passed Miami or the Jets.