SportsWrath

I would just like to point out

mastershake

Guys - we've had some serious bad busts and injuries through our drafts - guys who didnt get a chance to perform enough and didnt get enough time on the field to actually gel into a 'team'. All the way from OBJ, Barkley, Flowers, Hernandez, Engram, Eli Apple, Thomas, McKinney etc etc - we've had a fucking god damn bad run of either a bust, or an injury - constantly with the top picks - its always been that. Its very hard to judge a pattern - its been a combination of shithousery from many angles. We havent had a 1 - Not 1 player from the draft in the last 5-7 years that we can say is a star. Not one.

I think after watching the SB you need to somehow keep Zeitler (restructure?) And grab Slater at 11. 

Brady faced pressure 9.7% of the time in the SB.

Mahomes face pressure 57% of the time in the SB, and finally looked human. 

Granted the Bucs defense was playing lights out but losing Fischer and having to play a backup tackle in the SB isn't a winning recipe for success. 

On 2/8/2021 at 7:33 AM, BlueInCanada said:

I think after watching the SB you need to somehow keep Zeitler (restructure?) And grab Slater at 11. 

Brady faced pressure 9.7% of the time in the SB.

Mahomes face pressure 57% of the time in the SB, and finally looked human. 

Granted the Bucs defense was playing lights out but losing Fischer and having to play a backup tackle in the SB isn't a winning recipe for success. 

Yeah something like this needs to happen. Zeitler is on the downside of his career, nowhere near worth the $14mm, but we need a steady starting veteran G and he should have at least 1 yr left, so restructuring makes sense.

If we go into the season relying on Solder, Hernandez, Peart, and/or Lemeuix as starters, then I fear we're doomed. You can get away with having one of those guys start if the rest of the OL is solid but not two or three. If we're drafting slater, it might make the most sense to have Thomas and Peart as tackles, Gates as C, Zeitler at RG, and Slater at LG. I also still wonder if Peart is better suited at LT while Thomas at RT because of the athletic ability of Peart exceeds Thomas.

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

Yeah something like this needs to happen. Zeitler is on the downside of his career, nowhere near worth the $14mm, but we need a steady starting veteran G and he should have at least 1 yr left, so restructuring makes sense.

If we go into the season relying on Solder, Hernandez, Peart, and/or Lemeuix as starters, then I fear we're doomed. You can get away with having one of those guys start if the rest of the OL is solid but not two or three. If we're drafting slater, it might make the most sense to have Thomas and Peart as tackles, Gates as C, Zeitler at RG, and Slater at LG. I also still wonder if Peart is better suited at LT while Thomas at RT because of the athletic ability of Peart exceeds Thomas.

I think they could get away with pushing the cap to his last year and make it a 2022 problem, give us some relief now, as the saying goes GMs want cash now not later. 

Solder by all reports will retire and that would be a god send since we will only be on the hook for part of his contract not the full thing.

I have no problem with the Oline of Thomas, Lemeiuox, Gates, Zeitler and then bring in a RT with the draft and FA to compete with Peart. There's a day two prospect Teven Jenkins who's a multi year starting tackle with a big frame who would be a good grab in round three. James Hudson as well.

You never know they could flip flop Thomas and Peart around, but Peart is just awful technique wise, Thomas (especially the last third of the year) looked really comfortable at LT, Peart can get away with being sloppy at RT since you are typically facing the force DE now the speed guy. 

Honestly at this point I have more faith with Judge and the new Oline coach with an offseason with these guys than WomboColombo and his weird zone blocking bullshit.