SportsWrath

Sure Ben and Rivers played beyond Eli.

BlueInCanada

24 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Indy put up 472 yards against the Bills. 

I think their issue was moreso the defense couldn't stop the Bills.

Rivers didn't turn the ball over a billion times like Ben.

Not saying he's spectacular but he's not the reason they lost.

He missed some big throws though, and its been all year with him.

The Bills keep the gas on like they did in the first half and didnt go prevent then there probably isn't a 4th quarter comeback attempt.

But your right he's not the reason they lost but he isn't a QB who'd going to win you those games either anymore.

Going to be interesting if they bring him back or go after a younger QB.

Maybe Ballard goes BoB mode and trades four first round picks to the Texans for Watson. 

Ben needs to be done after that.  He was missing on a number of throw that weren't picked.  He cant run for shit.  4 picks...

Rivers played well enough that I think they could squeak another season from him, but that's about it.

Still think we should've picked Ben over Eli, but I won't bitch about what Eli did for this team and how he conducted himself

On 1/12/2021 at 1:03 AM, gmenroc said:

Ben needs to be done after that.  He was missing on a number of throw that weren't picked.  He cant run for shit.  4 picks...

Rivers played well enough that I think they could squeak another season from him, but that's about it.

Still think we should've picked Ben over Eli, but I won't bitch about what Eli did for this team and how he conducted himself

If Ben pull the rape stuff as a Giant. The NY Media would bury his ass.  We are not that forgiven here in NYC.  

8 hours ago, TrashTalker92 said:

If Ben pull the rape stuff as a Giant. The NY Media would bury his ass.  We are not that forgiven here in NYC.  

Meh...not if he won superbowls.  I believe no matter where he played, the winning would bury the bad publicity.  I think that mentality starts far below high school.  I've seen coaches try to convince parents of starting players to let their kids play when the parents are keeping the kid home for disciplinary reasons.  Thereby teaching the kid that 1, they don't suffer the same consequences as non-starters or non-players but 2nd, and to my point, teaches that skill is more important than discipline and self control.

It's not right, but it's how it works.  Ben might have faced some scrutiny, but if healthy, he would've been on the field come Sunday

not a chance, NYC would have run him out of town. There are things about that guy that only went unreported because he played in Pittsburgh. It might have been the only city in the country that he could have succeeded in, because they have just the right level of love for their team in the public and media, and the 'right' cultural expectations in the community that a total fucking asshole like Rapelisburger could be his lousy self and get away with it. 

3 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

not a chance, NYC would have run him out of town. There are things about that guy that only went unreported because he played in Pittsburgh. It might have been the only city in the country that he could have succeeded in, because they have just the right level of love for their team in the public and media, and the 'right' cultural expectations in the community that a total fucking asshole like Rapelisburger could be his lousy self and get away with it. 

Agree. This or he hires the same PR team as Jeter.  Ben BS doesn’t fit here in the NY Media.  Look at Arod, did he smack some waitress? He got killed for shooting juice.  

On 1/10/2021 at 11:19 PM, TrashTalker92 said:

im kind of happy for these browns fans. I’m not a fan of bakers bitch ass but their fans deserves a little love.  

I felt the same way until last off-season... but honestly, fuck those people. They showed up in literally EVERY online forum two summers ago when they went and singed/traded for everybody in the world and talked SO MUCH shit. 

Plus Baker Mayfield is a douchebag.

So yeah, fuck the Browns and fuck their stupid fans, I hope they lose for another 40 years.

On 1/10/2021 at 8:19 PM, TrashTalker92 said:

Yup. 4 minutes left. This is done if browns don’t go total retard.  

im kind of happy for these browns fans. I’m not a fan of bakers bitch ass but their fans deserves a little love.  

2 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

I felt the same way until last off-season... but honestly, fuck those people. They showed up in literally EVERY online forum two summers ago when they went and singed/traded for everybody in the wory and talked SO MUCH shit. 

Plus Baker Mayfield is a douchebag.

So yeah, fuck the Browns and fuck their stupid fans, I hope they lose for another 40 years.

9be2b20ce7eb137046ff1450395c638f.jpg

On 1/11/2021 at 12:24 AM, Pdouble said:

Poor JP Losman.  

That was back in my really nerd Draft times. I thought he was going to be the star. Now anytime they say he’s the most polished prospect I know it’s code for bust

On 1/12/2021 at 1:03 AM, gmenroc said:

Ben wouldn’t have handled New York as well as Eli did.   Ben benefited from having a better team most of the time.   The Reese era was a disaster.

12 hours ago, Nas said:

Ben wouldn’t have handled New York as well as Eli did.   Ben benefited from having a better team most of the time.   The Reese era was a disaster.

Easy there cowboy.   Hakeem Nicks, Steve Smith, and Odell.  He did have a good eye for WR.  The first and earlier years of Reese was pretty decent.  Signing Baas for center made a huge boost on the line.  Maybe somebody from his scouting team left and therefore the horrible draft results from the later years.  

1 hour ago, TrashTalker92 said:

Easy there cowboy.   Hakeem Nicks, Steve Smith, and Odell.  He did have a good eye for WR.  The first and earlier years of Reese was pretty decent.  Signing Baas for center made a huge boost on the line.  Maybe somebody from his scouting team left and therefore the horrible draft results from the later years.  

It lines up pretty well with when Gettleman left, and Marc Ross came on board. Somewhere in there. That Ross guy, every time he had a mic in his face, he came off like a lazy sack of crap. 

On 1/18/2021 at 7:26 PM, Nas said:

Reese had a very solid initial draft, but beyond that, numerous poor drafts and free agent signings that left the Giants with a poor roster by the time his time as GM ended.

I think the two most important jobs of a GM are finding a coach and QB.   Reese inherited a Coach-QB combination that would last together from 2004-2015.  I don't have the stats in front of me as to how many QBs were drafted and coaches hired during those 11 years.   But during that time, Reese was able to operate without needing to deal with those two biggest GM tasks.  That's an incredible luxury, and I yet the roster got weaker, not better, after 2007.

I have to give him credit where it is due.   A portion of the roster during those two Super Bowl runs were the product of what Reese was able to put together.   But I also think Eli's won/loss record is a better reflection of Reese's performance.   And during both Super Bowl wins, the Giants had to beat teams who quite frankly had better supporting casts.

So, I would agree, Reese was ultimately underwhelming as a GM.