SportsWrath

I'll give you one Reasons

Lughead

17 hours ago, gmenroc said:

Gotta love that era...Madden stating...that is football is so appropriate.  Nowadays, it's a far cry from those days.  Finesse has replaced toughness.  

Can you imagine half today's players playing back then?

I dont think the players back then could catch the players of today.....at least in the passing game. ..but given most of the starting QBs would be on IR by the end of the half....it might even out.

Got to go yell at some kids to get off my lawn now.

C. Wagon

On 1/8/2021 at 10:04 PM, gmenroc said:

Gotta love that era...Madden stating...that is football is so appropriate.  Nowadays, it's a far cry from those days.  Finesse has replaced toughness.  

Can you imagine half today's players playing back then?

Where have you been?   

1 hour ago, gmenroc said:

Here and there.  Working from home amidst COVID sucks pretty hard.  Would gladly take chances in the office if I could.

Glad to see you back brother.  It took me a while to adjust to working from home (I didn’t know when to stop).... 

13 hours ago, Nas said:

Glad to see you back brother.  It took me a while to adjust to working from home (I didn’t know when to stop).... 

Distractions, lack of routine, changing job duties, lack of true office area at home....just doesn't lead to being productive.

And lack of productivity lends to apathy on my part.  Love the flexibility aspect of it, but the requirement and full time work from home blows

Nice play, and nice goal line stand by the D in general.

I love old school, smash mouth football...not like nowadays where there is so much end arounds, shovel passes, read option, etc razzle dazzle stuff at the goal line. I mean granted, sometimes it works, but I like the old school RB, FB dive, and just line up your two sides and kick ass.

45 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Nice play, and nice goal line stand by the D in general.

I love old school, smash mouth football...not like nowadays where there is so much end arounds, shovel passes, read option, etc razzle dazzle stuff at the goal line. I mean granted, sometimes it works, but I like the old school RB, FB dive, and just line up your two sides and kick ass.

I don't mind the new rules... I don't think anyone should be paralyzed for our entertainment...  Besides I don't think that hit would have been illegal today given he was airborne before the defender anyway... 

8 hours ago, Nas said:

I don't mind the new rules... I don't think anyone should be paralyzed for our entertainment...  Besides I don't think that hit would have been illegal today given he was airborne before the defender anyway... 

I'm not implying there would have been a penalty, nor that a person would be injured. Just observing the evolution in goal line play calls 30 years ago vs today, that's all. Today there seems to be much more "razzle dazzle" or passing in general at the goal line, less smash mouth.

10 hours ago, mastershake said:

I'm not implying there would have been a penalty, nor that a person would be injured. Just observing the evolution in goal line play calls 30 years ago vs today, that's all. Today there seems to be much more "razzle dazzle" or passing in general at the goal line, less smash mouth.

Yea I know.... but again players today are not the same as those players... speed and athleticism is out of this world.    I think it was Bill Parcells who said something like "The opposing team knew what we were running and they just couldn't stop us"... paraphrasing of course.